<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Liam on Pete Tong, quick Interview

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
upload that remix please :-D

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:37 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
hope liam scraps warriors dance let alone make it a single or album filler...utter cheesey wank naff clubby ministry of toss... the "remix" has been tested? was it a deaf school disco? fuckin terrible..happy hardcore nite was it?...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:54 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 31Location: PolandJoined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:21 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
hope liam scraps warriors dance let alone make it a single or album filler...utter cheesey wank naff clubby ministry of toss... the "remix" has been tested? was it a deaf school disco? fuckin terrible..happy hardcore nite was it?...

haha chill mate, it was just a piss-take. don't take it to serious. it's fast, danceable and has good bass-what do you want more after few drinks? and it is a wink to prodigyfans (if there was any)
it is just a rough sketch so uploading it for all you "deff shoolboys" is pointless.

Last edited by liamb on Sun May 25, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:56 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:

You must really REALLY hate Experience then, and No Good.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:

Everyone has an opinion, and yours is wrong. Good day sir...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:06 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
after a few drinks i still want decent music! i love experience and no good, i dont want a lazy song which this is...experience is a classic record..reflecting the time in which it was made...the influences and experiences of the time are in the album..warriors dance is nostalgic crap...big difference and no comparison..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:08 pm
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

let me guess you think the prodigy began in march 1996...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
freehandjunkie wrote:

I liked it too. :bigthumb:

That sounded like Zombie Nation at the start and the ending segue'd into Injected With A Poison, so I'd say it was probably meant to be a proper oldskool cheese fest. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, if that's your thing. People go out to clubs to listen to music to have a good time, not analyse it.

As for 'utter cheesey' MOS albums, didn't Firestarter and Breathe end up on many of those type of albums in various forms and remixes?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:29 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
freehandjunkie wrote:
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

Because Warriors dance sounds like the march 1996 style? I dont see the sense in that comment (nor the one you replied to btw).

I dont think warriors dance is cheesy. I think tunes like "Fuel my fire" is more cheesy, because its so wanna-be-badass'ish.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:46 pm
s0ren wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

Because Warriors dance sounds like the march 1996 style? I dont see the sense in that comment (nor the one you replied to btw).

I dont think warriors dance is cheesy. I think tunes like "Fuel my fire" is more cheesy, because its so wanna-be-badass'ish.

its an opinion..it is cheesy and its not meant to be..its nostalgic but in the wrong way as i said before...march 1996 is when firestarter was released..work it out mate....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:54 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
freehandjunkie wrote:
its an opinion..it is cheesy and its not meant to be..its nostalgic but in the wrong way as i said before...march 1996 is when firestarter was released..work it out mate....

Yes i know, im not dissing your opinion

I know about firestarter.... Otis said you are wrong because it sounds like warriors dance? work it out mate

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:58 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
the way you're coming across is that if you wasn't into the band pre 96/firestarter then you cant have much say... or maybe im just to tired and missing the point as to why you bought up the 96 thing :lol:

(that was aimed at freehandjunkie btw)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:23 pm
i wasnt saying that it was in reference to the person who said "well if you hate warriors dance, you must hate experience and no good"..those types of uninformed comments were why i said about march 1996.... not any relation to firestarter being like warriors dance etc..it aint about the commercial success or anything else.. just in reference to pillocks who genralise...debate over...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
well remember folks, baby's got a temper and firestarter and serial thrilla, when they were all showcased on live performance for the first time they were really not so good compared to the finished versions.

even breathe sounded bad the first time god keith was so bad with vocals back then

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

Actually I first got into Prodigy in summer 1995 when I was around a friends house and he played Break & Enter. I'm sorry if that's not early enough for you and if that makes me not a proper fan for getting into them after The Experience and a year after Jilted :roll: ...

Btw I was only 11 back then...

Offline Profile