<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Video info

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:22 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
sounds pretty cool

Quote:
'Firestarters' film new music video at sea fort
Listen to story
Liam Howlett from The Prodigy
Actor Noel Clarke appears in the group's new video
by Adam Williams

Cult alternative band The Prodigy filmed scenes for their new music video at the Project Red Sands sea fort off the Whitstable coast this week.

The indie dance/trance group, famous for hits such as Firestarter and Breathe in the mid-1990s, were also expected to be filming around Dungeness on Friday.

Their new release Invaders Must Die is due out at the end of this month, with a new album expected in the new year.

Skipper Alan Littlewort took the film crew out to the fort on Thursday morning aboard his boat the X-Pilot, but admitted knowing little about the band’s work: “I’m a bit too old for their music, but I have been told that Firestarter was a big hit for them.”

He added: “We regularly take film crews out to the fort to do filming for TV programmes, but it’s the first time we’ve had people shooting a music video there.”

Actor Noel Clarke, who has appeared as Mickey Smith in Doctor Who and Wyman Norris in Auf Wiedersen Pet, plays a character in the video.

“I’m a huge fan of The Prodigy’s work having grown up listening to their earlier stuff,” said Noel, who has also directed the films Kidulthood and Adulthood.

“One of the guys in the group approached me about appearing in the video and I couldn’t turn it down.”

He added: “It’s a great location to shoot a video and the journey there and back on the boat was pretty calm too.”

The group’s producer Cordelia Plunket explained why they chose the forts: “It fits in well with the theme of the video as from a distance they do look like aliens climbing out of the sea.

“We’ve painted a huge Prodigy ant (the group’s logo) on top of it and we also had a helicopter out there buzzing over the top to get some aerial shots too.“It’s been a huge success and we’d like to come here again.”

http://www.kentishgazette.co.uk/news/de ... e_id=51382

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/FastMedia/51382.mp3

This is the place where they shot the new vid :

Fucking cool !

Last edited by Electronic_Punk® on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1014Location: SpainJoined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 am
can't wait to watch the video. thanks for the info man

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
yeah same here i just hope we get to see keith and max in it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
boat, sea, helicopter oh my god!! this is gonna be massive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
:shock: Gets more wicked and wicked! Place looks very interesting, thanks for founding it! good as always! :)

Little interview with Noel Clark too, on the same page :

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/FastMedia/51382.mp3

Last edited by Elsewhere on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Negative_Creep wrote:
boat, sea, helicopter oh my god!! this is gonna be massive

fuckin hell,2 days till we'll see it right?or is it one?don't remeber i think it's tomorow for the video on the main site and friday hd download from xtival.com
:shockout:

oh and what does cordelia plunket ,group producer mean? she produced the album?wtf?don't understand they didn't call her director of the video,but group producer

Last edited by *PinHead* on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 am
i did a research on Cordelia Plunket who produced the music video and she has a pretty good CV

Music Consultant - Cordelia Plunket Cordelia has lived in the US running her own production company producing videos for the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie, Dr Dre, Queens of the Stone Age and Beastie Boys.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

listen to the audio, the band will make a cameo..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
i did a research on Cordelia Plunket who produced the music video and she has a pretty good CV

Music Consultant - Cordelia Plunket Cordelia has lived in the US running her own production company producing videos for the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie, Dr Dre, Queens of the Stone Age and Beastie Boys.
this means she is the director of the video i guess?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 am
warrior wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

listen to the audio, the band will make a cameo..

Rofl i just noticed it, thanks for telling me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:58 am
*PinHead* wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

this means she is the director of the video i guess?

Yeah i guess so

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:03 am
here is the interview with Noel Clark too
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/167498326/interview1.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
cool.. thanks pinhead
edit: and EP of course :)

Last edited by Negative Creep on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
THX EP for finding this, awesome location for shooting a vid , can't wait :droool: :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
thanks guys. man i cant wait to see this vid, cant come soon enough at the moment!