<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  IMD comparisions and hating loving the tune

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:31 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
haha, i was gonna say, theres about 80 of these same topics already :lol:

the tracks grown on me. i love the "invaders must diiiie" voice over the top of that beat. sounds ace. but as i've said, i feel as if its very much like a does it offend you yeah? song.

listen to "battle royale", the drums practically the same.

Last edited by JimbQ on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
you know what?

at first, i thought the new tune was ok. it took me by surprise. but i listened to it after work again and it's a pretty good tune.

it's honestly the intro track

i think everyone's freaking out for nothing...

this is the opening track to the album, Liam made, as he says inspired by the new rave scene going on. and the track kinda blends the Justice's, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Hadouken's (hell, even has a member from DIOY,Y? with him) into a monster called "Invaders Must Die." the idea of the title alone is to say The Prodigy are here to destroy, you're here because of us, and now we're back. I don't look at it as a single. It's a perfect opening track for what's to come. I think the album is gonna be a banger. This is Liam saying, "Oh, you like that shit, well I can do it better." This is to get all the nu-ravers to notice and go "oh word, The Prodigy destroys these wannabe mofos."

What i wanna hear is track 2, i think this is where it goes to what The Prodigy is all about. This is where they flip the scene shit on it's head. I mean you guys did hear "World's On Fire" and "Warrior's Dance." were they bad? those songs pound, so what are you all worried about.

I'm looking at this as a whole album and this represents just the beginning track. i feel it sets you up for what's gonna hit. It's a safe song to put out there and get people's attention.

It would be nice for the single right before the album release, maybe not even this track. Maybe they got two videos, didn't somewhere it said they filmed multiple. This is the tease and then right before the new album hits, bring the bomb.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Neorev, I really agree with you there. Good points, that basically sums it up. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
NEOREV wrote:

It would be nice for the single right before the album release, maybe not even this track. Maybe they got two videos, didn't somewhere it said they filmed multiple. This is the tease and then right before the new album hits, bring the bomb.

i did thought about that.if the invaders video is released now it's a long time 3 months till the album with nothing new to promote the album
so probably we will get something else as a new single,or new video exactly when the album will be released

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:41 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 378Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:04 pm
yeah i remember liam talking about AONO
hesaid something like "you hear spitfire and you think the albums gonna be like this, then it takes a dramatic turn and girls comes in"

the album will be sick

edit: NEOREV i agree 100%

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:45 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
i mean Prodigy do have a new promo management team...

they made that crazy deal and shit, lots of $$$...

there gonna go big with this, really promote the shit out of it.

and they've seem to be doing some good live vid pop ups, promos, the boxsets, live DVD, and all these little things that leak out to us and the set up leading up to the album.

they may have an ace in their sleeve yet.

March is a ways away still. We could get spoiled a little more like we have been lately.

For me, this is just an easy way to get attention and then bring it.

i think Liam is being cheeky in this song. he is saying fuck this shit, i'll take my style back, we're gonna twist it up a bit after this choon is thru, man.
doyouknowhatimean?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:50 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
For some reason I randomly thought of these guys when I played Invaders Must Die again. King Liam and his evil partners in crime. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:51 am
which one's Maxim?
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:55 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
weirdo, nice to see you back again...

i cant forget you send me via msn the leak in 2004 and all this with no broadband internet, just 56k.

1+ about your post.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:01 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 320Location: East Riding, UK.Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:42 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
For some reason I randomly thought of these guys when I played Invaders Must Die again. King Liam and his evil partners in crime. :lol:

:lol: Slightly off topic, but I fucking love that film! The flaming cattle at the start does it for me..... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:28 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 131Location: Baton Rouge, LAJoined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:26 pm
:bow: to the OP.

I really don't get the Justice comparisons either. I'm a Justice fan, I really wouldn't mind Liam emulating Justice on a few tracks, but I just don't hear it on IMD.

If anything, it sounds more like a long lost Experience track that been restructured an got the drums re-worked.

The thumping bass at the beginning, the aggressive structure (I've read a few people saying this song is on the attack, I agree), the old school synths...

..I mean, have any of the haters been reading the same forum that I have? We had a heads up on the sound they were going for, and they nailed it.

Good track IMO. Not the greatest, but it fills an empty spot I've been having. More of the same would be fine by me....

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
I really love this track and my first post about that was "It is a bomb!" Why there are critics about those words ? I´m not talking shit if I´m using those words a lot of other people used, too.

Not every new tune Liam brought to us is a bomb IMO - so the opinions about "Invaders Must Die" are different again. For me i.e. "Shadow" - my first impression was : "It´s okay", but not a bomb. I used the word "Bomb", cos the Bass and the Beat blowed me away - that´s it.

BTW: I wrote during the first listen to the track, not after I listened to it. And YES, I mentioned a "Smack My Bitch Up" snare and a "Funky Shit" Siren but I didn´t say "Oh Shit, same sample, nothing new.... boring" .

I liked it how Liam used old elements again in a track a lot of people now. For me it means, he never forgot his roots and / or greatest times the prodigy stands for but wants to make a step forward for fresh new tunes.

It is Liams opinion and a lot of people here who don´t like or do not agree to this step forward starting moaning about this and said, it´s just a copy of a Pendulum track, or "nothing new", i.e. blah blah ....

I´m honest - the only track I know from Pendulum is the Voodoo People Remix and yes, I never heared tunes of Justice and Does It Offend you. Maybe I should do this, but I guess I only will find small elements, you will find in all other electronic music artists. That´s okay and not a reason to compare different talents and tracks.

I know "Hyper" [cos of Leeroy] and "Victory Pill" and really like tracks "Ant Music", "We Control" or "Worst Case Scenario" and "Vital Signs" - I will never say, Liam has stolen elements of those tunes.

A lot of people are not grateful, which is very sad IMO. Like it or leave it, but you cannot expect Liam invents a new beat or a music note, nobody knows before. It´s like inventing a new number or a new letter and try to explain it to the people. Nobody will understand it.

After Experience Liam was bored about that makin AUTOPILOT-MUSIC and tries something completly different [:lol: sounds like Monty Python :lol:], so he changes music-style. And after Jilted he changed again and again and again after every album. He risks losing fans, but he will win new fans.

I guess this is the biggest problem, Liam [and every other artist] always have. The problem about being individual and NOT repetitive. A lot of bands still doin this on and on, i.e. KORN, AC/DC, OFFSPRING... nearly every album sounds the same [exemption: Korn´s 3rd album] ... and it works for the fans most times. I like those bands, too but in a long time distance it´s not really individual. But Prodigy IS individual, cos of the different things, Liam created and that´s why I´m a fan of Prodigy.

Liam is - compared to other music artists - individual inside ONE album !
Not every artist can do that.

Imagine: 5 different music artists have 5 different albums, Liam with Prodigy is one music artist with 5 albums now, but individual like dozens of other music artists.

I guess, for the most people Prodigy is TOO individual, so to all the haters of the new tune: Being creative never has limits, but sometimes it has crossovers to other creative people. Liam isn´t lazy, he earns RESPECT for doin a 5th even more individual Prodigy album.

:clap: :clap: :clap: LIAM - GREAT WORK AND BIG RESPECT :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:09 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 664Location: CroatiaJoined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 am
its a great trakk but WOF is still waaaay better. i hope first warning or dead ken make it to the album under a different name

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:29 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
NEOREV wrote:
which one's Maxim?
:roll:

The black one :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:34 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
huh
i listened to the justice album few times,but IMD has allready more energy and ideas than their whole fucking album

Offline Profile