<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  I interviewed Prodigy - Lost Beats EP, Mescaline, Dead Ken +

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Hi guys, just to let you know, i had the chance to inteview Liam, Keith and Maxim on xbox live with 4 other lucky people! I wrote things down in rough on note pad so i'm writing them up on here. I'll write the five peoples gamertags and the questions they asked with the responces. its a bit rough still tho...

BornBicep
1. How has your music evolved?
It hasnt, still feels like we're writing the same music, having the same inspiriations as we did back then as we do now. however, more inspired by the first two albums.
2. Are you doing any new tours to promote the new album?
Yes, albums out in march then we're touring in the UK around april
3. When you started out, who were you inspired by?
People like Public Enemy and the rave scenes

InvadersMustDie (Me)
1. Have you finalized the bonus disc that comes with the deluxe boxset, like the name and the tracks going to be on it?
We're just finishing it now. It has four tracks on it and its called The Lost Beats EP. "Dead Ken Beats" is on it, but it will be called something else, a track called "Black Smoke" will be on there and two other tracks, one sounds like a "punk disco" style, even though they hate to use the word disco to describe it. It will be on itunes a while after as the boxset will be limited edition only
2. What about Mescaline then? A lot of fans like that and it's not on the album or The Lost Beats EP?
It's going to be a bside on one of the singles, don't know which one yet
3. Can I meet you after the academy gig in birmingham, i'll be the one wearing the tshirt that lights up to the music :P
Yeah man, we always hang around for a few hours afterwards, we're not a band that plays their music and then fucks off.
4. (I snuck a quick other one in) Are you going to release any of your tunes on Rock Band or Guitar Hero World Tour?
Colours is a track we really wanna put on them, it'd work really well.

Mickey Sores
1. How did you guys all meet?
We're brothers, we met thanks to our parents ( :lol: )
2. Whats the biggest audience you've played to?
Moscow, Red Square, people say there were 250,000 people there, but we think it was more like 200,000 people
3. Did Liam officially release a remix of Android called the Ian Pasley Remix or was it a fan one?
Who? Never heard of it.

MILLERTIME1976
1. Do you have a favourite song out of everything you wrote?
It's something from the new album, the track called Omen. But theyre all great, it changes each time, next week, Thunder will be my favourite track
2. Whats your favourite venues to play at?
The small ones, the academy ones, feels really close to home.
3. Do you guys all have xboxs?
As of today yeah! Haha!

Prodigy5000
1. Is there anyone alive or dead you would love to do a colab with?
Keith Moon - he packs so much energy in!
2. Any particular part of 2008 that was the highlight for you?
Finishing the new album, definitley
3. What direction do you plan to take your new music?
I dunno, same direction but this one sounds more melodic, we're gonna play 90% of it live.

And heres a few other things that happened:
1. Maxims mic didnt work for ages
2. Maxim likes the scottish accent (get in there cogglesz!!! :lol:)
3. Keith asked what gigs im goin to, i said ive only been to two and they were both prodigy ones, he said good! we are the best, its not worth seein anyone else haha
4. they love playing games, havent in a while tho cuz theyve been making the new album. keiths just discovered pac-man and space invaders :lol:
5. keith asked when in 1976 Millertime was born, he said 18th of March, same day as mine! spooky!
6. theres no guest vocals on the new album, its just a band album.
7. i gave a big shout out from everyone at brainkiller and liam said "cool" lol

thats everything i wrote down! or i can think of at the moment anyway. enjoy it! :-D

Last edited by JimbQ on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
well done jim thanks alot for this, it clears up there are gonna be singles and the fact we know what the bonus disk is about, big big shame though bout it having 4 tracks, i guess we'll never hear heatwave but on a positive note, atleast we know we'll have mescaline and dead ken beats

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
jeezus man,thank god you were there your questios were the only ones that mattered.nice to know about the ep too,i guess they are studio versions not live,unles they are ading live tracks to the other 4.fuckin greeat man.you the man :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:28 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
Nice one jimbQ, your q's were obviously the most interesting, why would someone ask about the touring it's pretty obvious there gonna do one to go with the new album. Like the sound of the new bonus disc, but dos'nt look likely no souveneirs will be there, oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:29 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 893Location: Québec (Montréal)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am
looool niceeeeeeeeeeeeee lucky basterd

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:30 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
niiice :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
thanks to jim being online at the time on party mode i managed to get keiths gamertag :ninja: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:32 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
well done man!
damn i wanna meet them after the brixton gig :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:33 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
:clap: , excellent job man , FLAME will go nuts about DKB being on bonus cd :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:36 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
No NS talk, no DVD talk though tut tut :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
JimbQ you are thee legend! Fair fucks to you man!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
guess that now it doesn't matter that your girlfriend will get angry for blowing her off :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Dead Ken Beats.

There is a god.

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU IM GOING NUTS , GET THE FUCKING BEER YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:42 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
veeeeery nice
cannot believe what rubbish those other "reporters" asked, idiots :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:43 pm
what are you doing stasz?you ruined the forum display it's all over my screen :shock: