<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Invaders Must Die – Nekosite Album Review

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
OK, so it's quite good then. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Sounds fantastic.

I enjoyed that read, didn't give too much away and she loved every track. That's fantastic from one listen. Yea sure the majority of us have heard 70% of the album live anyway but that's besides the point. I think I'm going to join JimbQ, starve myself of any new prodigy material for the next month.

Not long to go now guys! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
A bit of an extended review by Martin James over at Nekosite.

Quote:
Here's what I said about the album for the press release/biog

"Invaders Must Die is the sound of the Prodigy mixing up genres, contorting the past and rewiring the future. It’s the sound of The Prodigy ramraiding through the tranquility of music's status quo like a blot on the landscape of England's dreaming. Still underground after all these years, still true to their vision, the album thunders like the mother of all E-rushes, hairs tingling, spine jumping and lips buzzing. Guitars crack, vocals snap and sweat soaked b-lines attack with adrenalised breakcore attitude while rushing keyboard hooks come on like a futurebound arms-in-the-air flashback. But it ain't no retroactive water-sharing nostalgia trip. This set is fuelled by the saliva-dripping rabid snarl of the here and now. "

Colours - I know what you mean about the link with AONO but it also reminds me of The Stranglers! Piranha reminds me of 'Get Up Get Off' but mashed up with 'Everybody in the Place'. My favourites today are 'World's on Fire' and 'Warrior's Dance', least fave is 'Run with the Wolves'... but this'll probably change tomorrow. I'm just having a bit of an old skool meltdown today...

From a critic's perspective I would say that this album draws a strong line from Experience to Jilted to AONO and then Invaders. FOTL almost sounds like the odd one out now, doesn't make sense! If that makes sense to you all! From this perspective it doesn't provide too many surprises (apart from Stand Up) but it feels honed down - perfectly executed. Also, I've said it before that the albums seem like they're at least one track too short. FOTL especially left me feeling like it was incomplete - this album though feel totally finished.

When I first heard it (and I'm sure Liam won;t mind me saying this) I was left feeling a bit disappointed in the sense that Invaders sounds exactly as you might expect - no shocks. This was the exact oposite feeling I had when I firts heard AONO which I loved immediately - and still do. But after only a couple of plays of Invaders I heard it as being Liam's finest moment. The production is awesome - Invaders is the sound of Liam bringing together all of the best bits, all of what he does best as The Prodigy and fusing them into this incredibly powerful... weapon. After this I think Liam can take the Prodigy sound anywhere and it would still be uniquely Prodigy.
Invaders ought to remind the world of just how important the Prodigy are... the lasting legacy of one of Britain's finest cultural moments, the rave era. They should be celebrated in the same as we celebrate The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Oasis etc.

OK - enough from me. I've got a book to finish. Hopefully see some of you at the Brighton gig or Isle of White.

best

MJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:12 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
talking about the unison... before I knew much about the band, the first times I heard Breathe I didn't even realise there were 2 different voices. needed to see the video, and that's when I bought Their Law DVD

also thanks for this quote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Fifer wrote:
A bit of an extended review by Martin James over at Nekosite.

Quote:
Here's what I said about the album for the press release/biog

"Invaders Must Die is the sound of the Prodigy mixing up genres, contorting the past and rewiring the future. It’s the sound of The Prodigy ramraiding through the tranquility of music's status quo like a blot on the landscape of England's dreaming. Still underground after all these years, still true to their vision, the album thunders like the mother of all E-rushes, hairs tingling, spine jumping and lips buzzing. Guitars crack, vocals snap and sweat soaked b-lines attack with adrenalised breakcore attitude while rushing keyboard hooks come on like a futurebound arms-in-the-air flashback. But it ain't no retroactive water-sharing nostalgia trip. This set is fuelled by the saliva-dripping rabid snarl of the here and now. "

Colours - I know what you mean about the link with AONO but it also reminds me of The Stranglers! Piranha reminds me of 'Get Up Get Off' but mashed up with 'Everybody in the Place'. My favourites today are 'World's on Fire' and 'Warrior's Dance', least fave is 'Run with the Wolves'... but this'll probably change tomorrow. I'm just having a bit of an old skool meltdown today...

From a critic's perspective I would say that this album draws a strong line from Experience to Jilted to AONO and then Invaders. FOTL almost sounds like the odd one out now, doesn't make sense! If that makes sense to you all! From this perspective it doesn't provide too many surprises (apart from Stand Up) but it feels honed down - perfectly executed. Also, I've said it before that the albums seem like they're at least one track too short. FOTL especially left me feeling like it was incomplete - this album though feel totally finished.

When I first heard it (and I'm sure Liam won;t mind me saying this) I was left feeling a bit disappointed in the sense that Invaders sounds exactly as you might expect - no shocks. This was the exact oposite feeling I had when I firts heard AONO which I loved immediately - and still do. But after only a couple of plays of Invaders I heard it as being Liam's finest moment. The production is awesome - Invaders is the sound of Liam bringing together all of the best bits, all of what he does best as The Prodigy and fusing them into this incredibly powerful... weapon. After this I think Liam can take the Prodigy sound anywhere and it would still be uniquely Prodigy.
Invaders ought to remind the world of just how important the Prodigy are... the lasting legacy of one of Britain's finest cultural moments, the rave era. They should be celebrated in the same as we celebrate The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Oasis etc.

OK - enough from me. I've got a book to finish. Hopefully see some of you at the Brighton gig or Isle of White.

best

MJ

The way he describes IMD reminds me of Radiohead's In Rainbows, for those of you who know will understand what im talking about, its interesting to see that AONO gave him a better impression at the first listen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Inglourious Basterd wrote:
talking about the unison... before I knew much about the band, the first times I heard Breathe I didn't even realise there were 2 different voices. needed to see the video, and that's when I bought Their Law DVD

Actually, Breathe get many plays now by MTV, again. Wonder if this has to do with the new album coming out, like a reminder.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
raggedflag wrote:

Actually, Breathe get many plays now by MTV, again. Wonder if this has to do with the new album coming out, like a reminder.

Thats cool. Have they played omen and imd?

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
well imd is on virgin on demand for viewers with that, omen too i think, i'll need to check

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
MoozeBlaster wrote:
raggedflag wrote:

Thats cool. Have they played omen and imd?

Don't know. They should be played, though.

I am still surprised there's no leak of the album yet...:))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
I thought it'd have leaked by now, quite amazing really...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
slipknot's last album didn't leak either fast.it only surfaced 2 weeks before the release.but don't wotty about this as soon as the album is delivered to the stores someone will leak it.
i am happy it didn't leak yet.i already know half the songs on it.i want the rest to be a surprise

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:36 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
Last album i didnt knew more than half the songs in it was Juno Reactor's Gods and Monsters.. loved the "unspoiled" listening session to it =)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:58 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
neko have molotov bitz tracks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 pm
FLAME-XIII wrote:

What?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
raggedflag wrote:
FLAME-XIII wrote:

What?

hes drunk