<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:02 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
untitled6 wrote:
I remember when I saw The Prodigy live in London 2015 December where Jason came on to do Ibiza after the encore with the band. Best time of my life. Hope to see SM live sometime too.

to be more exact, he did that on Saturday the 5th, because the song wasn't played on Friday the 4th. I was there both nights :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:16 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
untitled6 wrote:
It's 55:26 to be exact.

I didn't realise it at the time but, the adverts in a lot of podcasts are swapped out with newer adverts over time to stay current to when it is listened to. That explains the time difference from when I listened to it and when you listened to it. The adverts will have been longer or shorter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Something from 1997 I found recently from the good old MCM ...

Interview with Liam and Maxim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7GOZSi9gHA (1/2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSqUXPGIz4g (2/2)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Liam gave a review on the new E-Prototype earphones recently

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:45 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:49 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Classy Mixmag

https://mixmag.net/read/rare-demos-hidd ... ered-news/

Reporting a shit website that makes money off Liam's work as a real thing. These are the same guys that posted fake Gabba studio recording video on youtube 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:24 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Classy Mixmag

https://mixmag.net/read/rare-demos-hidd ... ered-news/

Reporting a shit website that makes money off Liam's work as a real thing. These are the same guys that posted fake Gabba studio recording video on youtube 2 years ago.

At the end of the article it says
Quote:
Isaac Muk is Mixmag's Digital Intern
but that's no excuse. Does no one check stories before publishing them, especially from an intern? The bar must be very low to get a story published on Mixmag these days.

NME have now also published the same. Lazy "journalism". The real story is "Mixmag, NME, etc don't check facts and publish articles promoting Russian counterfeits".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:50 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am
untitled6 wrote:

Lol. I think it's actually pretty cool. Yeah, I know, a lot of people were kinda angry and pissed off when they found out that somebody fooled them. But I think this case don't make this work bad, cause it is just awesome.. Nobody could produce anything so close to the original. And the website becomes one of the best sources of information about the prodigy rarities and researches. These guys are taking interviews from prodigy-related people, digging interesting details and stuff.

Some of my teenage fan dreams became true, and now I can listen to thid old Liam's unpublished treasure stuff. Yup, it's recreated by someone else, but it's still The Prodigy music. Like when I listen to classical music symphonies played by modern orchestra I don't think that someone stole Beethoven music or it's something shitty or fake, I'm just enjoying the music and how people are recreating it. Maybe it's inappropriate comparison at some point, but in my view it's kinda close.

So, guys did a great job and I'm happy to support them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:20 am
A][eL wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

Lol. I think it's actually pretty cool. Yeah, I know, a lot of people were kinda angry and pissed off when they found out that somebody fooled them. But I think this case don't make this work bad, cause it is just awesome.. Nobody could produce anything so close to the original. And the website becomes one of the best sources of information about the prodigy rarities and researches. These guys are taking interviews from prodigy-related people, digging interesting details and stuff.

Some of my teenage fan dreams became true, and now I can listen to thid old Liam's unpublished treasure stuff. Yup, it's recreated by someone else, but it's still The Prodigy music. Like when I listen to classical music symphonies played by modern orchestra I don't think that someone stole Beethoven music or it's something shitty or fake, I'm just enjoying the music and how people are recreating it. Maybe it's inappropriate comparison at some point, but in my view it's kinda close.

So, guys did a great job and I'm happy to support them.

So what we got here is the first sign of stockholm syndrome. I bet it's cool to steal shit in russian culture and shake it off as a "no big deal whatever". But this is wrong. Recreating Liam's work (no matter how good your at it) and making money off it and even scamming people and trying to pass it as a real Liam's work IS WRONG.

I hope these articles will get attention from The Prodigy HQ and they get cease and desist letter or even sued. Because they sure don't have permission to sell The Prodigy's reworks for money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:17 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am
I guess donation is money transfer that is sent for generally useful purposes. Donation is not subject to the obligation to implement any counter offer. Basically, it's a kinda gift for creators.
I see nothing bad when people research sample sources and recreating demo tracks, which were abandoned by the band long ago.
And also i didn't see in any "All Souvenirs" resources statements said that "it's real Liam's work" or any scamming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:29 am
GruntGruntPosts: 20Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:22 am

:rofl:

To all who with us on the same wavelength, thanks for the support! :bringit:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:41 am
Quote:
I guess donation is money transfer that is sent for generally useful purposes. Donation is not subject to the obligation to implement any counter offer.

You can only download high quality files of the remakes if your a patreon and transfer money every month. That's your counter offer. Donations if just a bonus they get.

Quote:
I see nothing bad when people research sample sources and recreating demo tracks, which were abandoned by the band long ago.

Neither do I. But not to make a money profit out of it.

Quote:
And also i didn't see in any "All Souvenirs" resources statements said that "it's real Liam's work" or any scamming.

They uploaded a bunch of alleged DAT recordings on youtube and presented if it's some random tapes that someone found and there's Liam's original work on it. Later on they said it was just a prank. Also the dude behind it said he got feedback from Liam himself and failed to present any evidence. So they are not only making money out of this but also are delusional liar's.