<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Liam talks about the next album and mescaline and dead ken beats

and electronic punks dvd

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:09 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 256Location: PolandJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am
yesterday on mtv2 I watched Prodigy takeover. someone got it ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:41 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 244Location: Glasgow, ScotlandJoined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:15 pm
Tanner_47 wrote:
yesterday on mtv2 I watched Prodigy takeover. someone got it ?

was plannin to watch that but missed it. hope they show it again or someone uploads it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:09 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
i saw The Prodigy with Gonzo on Mtv Two. didn't see it all though. anyone had the chance to rip it or something? i remember Maxim saying "It seems like we don't like our families" about the huge number of gigs this year :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Damn, i would love to see Gonzos interview. The one after AONO was very good one, it's direct stuff... hope it's possible to capture it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: Iceland, HofnJoined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:23 am
Here is an interview I translated myself of keith when the band were playing on uxi fesival in 95, I tryed my best to translate but Im not perfect in english, so here it is!

Quote:
What did Keith from Prodigy thought about his trip to Iceland and the dancefestival in Kirkjubaejarklaustur after having some problems in customs at the airport?

Keith: Hi, my name is Keith and I'm in a band called prodigy. I'm a dancer who act silly onstage and try to make the crowd go crazy.

Mannlif: And you're back to Iceland why?

K: Eerm. Well, because it's easy to express your self and get to the people on a festival like this and the ambience is fun. We've always been into festivals alot. This is the third one, that we come to on three days, thats just priceless, you know. We would come to Iceland and play in a club for 50 people but the guy who asked us to come here... I don't even know him... don't know his name... but he was the singer in the sugercubes.

M: Einar 'O'rn!!

K: Yeah, thats right. He got us here, lovely guy. There are great audience here. Just like in all europe. The music is international and the people also. If people can have fun with us and just lose them self than it's always fun. Iceland has this all and thats the reason we're back.

M: How was the atmosphere on uxi compared to other festivals that you've been to this summer.

K: Here's the right flow, just while everybody's having a good time than it doesnt matter where in the world you are. Good night is a good night and good weekend is a good weekend. Doesn't matter if it's on glastonbury or on Iceland. It's mabye a bit warmer in England so I'm not interested in sleeping in a tent here. (Laughs and rubs his hands in the cool summer air)

M: What do you think about the idea of making uxi an annual thing?

K: Fantastic. Here's everything you need. Help if something happens, for those who need it. The fact that this in out of nowhere is just cool. There are so many places where 10,20,30 thousand people could have some fun in some fields outside in Scotland, Wales, everywhere, but it gets shut down by the goverment. I just don't understand why the politics and the goverments don't wan't those rave partys. We were 4 hours in a car here and I saw a lot of sheeps and 8 persons, so it's hard to interfere someone here. And after a week or so there are no signs that here were a big music festival. People must let them to be wild. Let the beast lose in them self and get out in the freedom. Soon as the people turn on their television they stop talking. The box just sucks their energy into it. Here's non of this. Only music, good flow and people. That's my style, I like that.

M: Icelandic people like british music very much, what do you think about that?

K: Well, I don't know much about that. But there are many damn good bands in Britain now. The dance culture bring so much together. When I was younger then everybody were listening to one type of music; punk rock, soul, hip hop, skinhead and so on. It isn't like that anymore. Raves and musicfestivals put that all together. People listen to more kind of music now. You don't find just the best rock albums at your friend now, you also find lots of other stuff; reggea, dancemusic, rock, rap and punk. And thats all very exciting. All this music and all that freedom gives you such a buzz. To get out and have some fun, rather then hang inside their litle boxes with cat and dogs, is so much better. I get irritaded when I waste my time to nothing. Every year that you waste is a lost year. What is the purpose of your short life if you can't get a buzz out of it. This is an international motion. The dance and the flows are international thing and thats why it works out either way if its in Japan or Iceland.

M: So whats the bands next plan?

K: There's an album on the way. We're exhausted at the moment and we need to consentraid on the album. We've already done 2-3 tracks and hopefully it will be as good as 2 of our previous albums. We're gonna have some various stuff but thats the thing that you're always writing for your self when you are doing a track. This isn't selfish but you can only write for your self, and make that what you did beliveably. Our popularity have give us the change to travel around the world and find diffrent flows wich we like. Thats how we get inspired and hopefully that will come in good hands for us.

M: Did you have some problems at the keflavik airport when you arrived?

K: Yeah, there were some big problems at the airport. We tried as we could to put this trip to Iceland to our program and came here pretty much sleepless, just a few hours of sleep. Our bags were the last one on the band and you could see clearly that they think we belong to some narcotic culture. But we are professional in music and don't come near that to smuggle drugs. I mean, it just says it self, it would never work out as our program is. We thought the customs wasen't acting professional to act like they did to us. Last time I came to Iceland they took me and search on me all over and were asking me questons about ecstacy and I was realy humiliatet. But that didn't drag me down and we did a great gig than but its so annoying that it did happen again so shortly. They were accusing us that we didn't have the right papers to come into the country. They thought they were beeing so smart deciding that we were a drug gang - wich is a total misunderstanding. Sure we belong to that kind of culture where drugs are used but that has always follw pop music and miscellaneous culture. It's not just in dancemusic. Our buzz is the music and we don't need anything else. The buzz I get on stage, is like a drug. It's better than any other buzz I get from drugs. I't would just be inposseble to us taking alot of drugs on the same time we are playing on every night. You're so high on andrenaline either way.
[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:10 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
Prodigy recently did an interview with an American Adult Entertainment Magazine... Liam was a punk the whole way through... I will post up the interview on Sunday unless someone gets to it before me...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 460Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm
memphis wrote:
hadn't seen this before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4faHrrl ... re=related

"if anyone wants their pussy washed, i'm their man... i'm your soap!" :lol:

lol ! :lol: New one for me as well. It's from RTL Boulevard. A showbizz program on dutch television for those who want to know

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1007Location: Atomic WastelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 am
a little snippet form the latest "Electronic music" mag

50 essential production tips - 1st from Liam:

"Buy Superman albums. Y'know, big theme tunes from films. You get a horn section playing a chord and just sample a short section of that. If I hear a chord I like I sample it."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:38 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2208Location: Oslo, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
jilted wrote:
a little snippet form the latest "Electronic music" mag

50 essential production tips - 1st from Liam:

"Buy Superman albums. Y'know, big theme tunes from films. You get a horn section playing a chord and just sample a short section of that. If I hear a chord I like I sample it."

Interesting, I read an almost exact same quote by Liam 10-15 vears ago...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 am
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: One of The Prodigy's three members says he will be "walking home" if the British dance-rock act doesn't deliver the goods at next week's Auckland show.

Liam Howlett, the beatmaker for The Prodigy who has engineered some of the band's biggest hits including Firestarter and Smack My Bitch Up, said the band expected next Thursday's show at Trusts Stadium to be another high-energy set.

Howlett told Stuff.co.nz in an email interview he wanted fans to enjoy themselves.

"If people just stand there they may as well watch it on YouTube," he said. "It better be (crazy) or I will be walking home."

After two standout shows at the Big Day Out - in 1997 and again in 2009 - Howlett said the band loved performing in New Zealand. Both performances, one on the main stage and the other in the Boiler Room, were memorable for the hyped crowds.

"It sounds cliched but we do love coming down there to play. We definitely feel loved by the people there, which is great. We have had a strong following there for many years I think."

After a mostly lacklustre decade, The Prodigy ended 2009 on a high thanks to their comeback album Invaders Must Die - an album that rivalled 1997's The Fat of the Land for impact and sheer energy.

Howlett said the band - also featuring vocalists Keith Flint and Maxim Reality - wanted to record later this year with an eye on a 2011 release.

"I need to write it first plus we need to vanish off the radar for a bit and give people a break from us. We have always been like that so when we return we come out of nowhere.

"The next one won't take as long as usual. We are locked on it at the moment so it will be the following year."

Howlett admitted 2009 had been good to them but he was focused on "keeping it fresh".

"We are never too happy because that makes you lazy. We have had a good year but we just think, 'What is the next stage?'"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu ... zy-NZ-show

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 236Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:26 am
Sr Patife wrote:
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: One of The Prodigy's three members says he will be "walking home" if the British dance-rock act doesn't deliver the goods at next week's Auckland show.

Liam Howlett, the beatmaker for The Prodigy who has engineered some of the band's biggest hits including Firestarter and Smack My Bitch Up, said the band expected next Thursday's show at Trusts Stadium to be another high-energy set.

Howlett told Stuff.co.nz in an email interview he wanted fans to enjoy themselves.

"If people just stand there they may as well watch it on YouTube," he said. "It better be (crazy) or I will be walking home."

After two standout shows at the Big Day Out - in 1997 and again in 2009 - Howlett said the band loved performing in New Zealand. Both performances, one on the main stage and the other in the Boiler Room, were memorable for the hyped crowds.

"It sounds cliched but we do love coming down there to play. We definitely feel loved by the people there, which is great. We have had a strong following there for many years I think."

After a mostly lacklustre decade, The Prodigy ended 2009 on a high thanks to their comeback album Invaders Must Die - an album that rivalled 1997's The Fat of the Land for impact and sheer energy.

Howlett said the band - also featuring vocalists Keith Flint and Maxim Reality - wanted to record later this year with an eye on a 2011 release.

"I need to write it first plus we need to vanish off the radar for a bit and give people a break from us. We have always been like that so when we return we come out of nowhere.

"The next one won't take as long as usual. We are locked on it at the moment so it will be the following year."

Howlett admitted 2009 had been good to them but he was focused on "keeping it fresh".

"We are never too happy because that makes you lazy. We have had a good year but we just think, 'What is the next stage?'"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu ... zy-NZ-show

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!
8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 am
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 565Location: GreeceJoined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:03 pm
lets hope he keeps his word this time :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
good good good 8-)