<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:11 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 191Location: Cheltenham, UKJoined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 am
nasty.rebel wrote:
ExCiZieR wrote:
delete if repost

Leeroy talks ....mostly ....about The Prodigy, why he left, about today's tunes etc. Nice Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTDOu1aDRw

cool interview but bullshit reporter

He's not really a reporter to be fair, he's a drum & bass DJ/producer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Not Prodigy. Anyone remember Fight Like Apes?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3320504

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:04 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Not Prodigy. Anyone remember Fight Like Apes?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3320504

Yes in so far as I remember watching them die on their arse as support at a Prodigy gig. Not really their fault. They were totally unsuited to being a support band for The Prodigy as they played a completely different type of music. I seem to recall quite a few support bands on those smaller venue tours where Liam (I presume) invited a band he liked to support but the crowd weren't interested. Quite painful to watch a support band get ignored, polite clapping from a few people or a hostile response.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am

Liam Howlett interview with Russian Maxim magazine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 60Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:52 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:

Liam Howlett interview with Russian Maxim magazine.

Someone is translate please?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Someone told me that there is zero info or anything related to new stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
HarbingleTranslate

Before the concert, Liam Howlett, answered the questions of the correspondent of BUSINESS Online:

- You started playing music in the 90s, in 2018 you are planning to release a new album. What is your secret of how to continue to write new music and not lose interest and relevance to it?

"I really do not know the answer to this question, the only thing I know is that I must continue to write music so that it gets out of my head." This is release, relief. I write only when there are deep feelings. If the music feels sham, then there is no reason to compose it. It is important to keep some sense of hunger, because there are always new sounds and bits in order to find and use them. In fact, there are no secrets. Some albums take longer than others.

- On your official live video from Russian shows we can see and almost feel the strength and energy of your performance - and the crowd looks amazing. Do you feel that the Russian audience is different from fans in other countries?

- We always say that you can not download a live show, you need to be on it to feel everything. We gather great halls of fans around the world, and I'm fascinated by how music can overcome barriers in different countries. It is always exciting to play in Russia - that's why we keep coming back here: we are filled with energy of listeners, and this inspires us to write new music (sic)

- The group's behavior on the stage has always been distinctive, certainly attracting attention. How does this change on ordinary days, off-stage?

"I can only speak for myself." I dress the same way, wherever I am: on stage, in the studio, at home, on a walk with a pokémon. As for Keith and Maxim, they always push the boundaries of what they are performing on stage. Fashion, style and music always went for us together. All the best bands with whom we grew up together always had their own style and appearance, which is very important. I think that our styles are a bit different, but there is something in common.

- How does your usual day start? And can you advise the best track The Prodigy for an alarm clock?

"The last few months, as soon as I wake up, I go to the studio. If I wait or do other things, I lose focus and cease to worry. I need to concentrate on what needs to happen, and keep interested, courage. Oooh look, a plane. As for a melody for the alarm clock, try "Wake The Fook Oop" from The Prodigy, dyaknowahrimean"

- You have been to Russia many times. Are you aware of any local bands or musicians?

"A few, basically underground artists, because that's what I like." When we come to Russia, I try to listen to what they play here on the streets ...

- Your last LP, "The Day is My Enemy" was released three years ago. Will the sound on your new upcoming album fundamentally differ from this?

"I like what I do in The Prodigy, but I always want to take the next step better than the previous one, and it makes me go to the studio. All of our albums are slightly different from each other. That record was with a frenzied, furious sound, and this one ...well, wait and see, yeah, wait and wait and wait, wait some more and then see, dyaknowahrimean!
Whatever I do, there will always be beats, bass and chaos, this is the basis of The Prodigy."

https://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/375123

Last edited by Harbinger on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
http://calendar.fontanka.ru/articles/6229/

A better interview than usual. In short: the studio work is almost finished, only recording a couple vocal parts left, which they will try to finish while touring Russia. There are always things that delay how the plans go, but the upcoming album still came together much faster than the previous three, and the album will be 100% released in 2018. Two singles are already prepared for the record, but will not be played before the album is complete. All the new recordings will be released on vinyl. There will be one (only? at least?) collab he hinted about before, and the result will "hurt people's heads".

Of course, take everything with a grain of salt, this is Liam speaking...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Faith restored :guns:

This should mean that a single release is imminent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:21 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
It's gone from "Early 2018" to "100% released in 2018".

Oh well, at the very worst it will be out in 9 months!

Google translated article: -

Quote:
The Prodigy: In Russia you feel quite wild
12 March 2018, 12:05

The seventh album of the British electronic trio The Prodigy will be partially recorded in Russia, the leader of the group Liam Howlett promised "Fontanka". About the "wild" atmosphere in Russia, performances in rural clubs and the "old school fire" of a new record - read in our interview.

One of the most authoritative groups of our time, The Prodigy, is preparing for a tour of Russia. The British trio will perform in the St. Petersburg SKK on March 18. The Prodigy leader Liam Howlett briefly told Fontanka about the "unique wild atmosphere" in our country and gave details about the new album. Incredibly, but the fact: the new disc The Prodigy will be partially recorded in Russia and will be released after the tour.

- Liam, The Prodigy is one of the few world-known bands that often performs in Russia. Not only in the capitals, but also in the provinces. My friends went to your show in Voronezh. Rural clubs, too, will wait for your arrival?

- Of course, wait! We want to play anywhere if people are actually waiting for us. And indeed, every new arrival to your country we try to visit new cities.

- Fans are hoping for a special release of The Prodigy for Russia. Is it possible? Or the publication of a live recording on the tour?

- We always tried not to plan our own future much. We still like to postpone such questions until some spontaneous ideas appear. It's much more interesting than life on a clear script! Of course, we are familiar with all the clips of the guys from Russia on the motives of our tours. And we really like how they save the energy of our shows. Probably, this time we will record a few more tracks on the video, included in our program. We will deal with them when after the tour we will close in the studio to finish the new album. Perhaps, we will also make a full concert video after this Russian tour.

- Than surprise in this visit? And what does not surprise you in Russia?

- We really like to play in Russia precisely because here you feel pretty wild. Here people are able to release wild energy. And it requires more of us from ourselves than from somewhere else. Although, of course, each country has its own characteristics, and people at the concerts are slightly different in their response and behavior.

- What can you tell us about your secret work on the new album? At what stage of readiness is he today, given that you usually release records every 5-7 years?

- Ha! I can not talk about this much, but it will be a real old-school fire! The studio part of the work is almost complete. It remains for us to record a few vocal parts. And we will try to do it in Russia, right during the tour.

Alas, there are always things that delay the implementation of some plans. But this disc still came together much faster than the previous three. I can say that the new album will be 100% released in 2018. We have already prepared two singles for this record. But we will not replicate them before we completely complete the work on the album.

- By the way about singles, which collectors appreciate so much. Releasing the album of the year 2015, The Day Is My Enemy, you refused releases on vinyl records. It turns out that today vinyl finally lost the figure?

- Vinyl can not lose! Perhaps in the omission of 2015 there is a share of the fault of our partners. We like to make music on vinyl. We're from this and started. And all our new recordings will be published on vinyl. In general, music should be available in all possible formats. And I think that even on the now-forgotten cassettes (the last release of The Prodigy was published including on cassettes and distributed through the site of the group - Prim.Red.).

- You do not like making covers for other people's music. And yet, who would be worthy of "repartition" from The Prodigy?

- It seems that not everyone knows that back in 1997 on the album The Fat Of The Land we did our version of the song Fuel My Fire of the American punk band L7. And they played it live. Then they recorded their version of Ghost Town of the British ska-group The Specials. And something else. But it's just my favorite music. In general, I think it's worth recording covers if you are really capable of bringing something new to the original. I do not really like to remodel other people's songs.

- What music are you listening to right now?

- ABOUT! I hooked up to the music to the old Italian films. Soundtracks of Italian horror films of the 1970s.

- You constantly surprise with new names of participants of your studio work. With whom of the musicians do you want to enroll?

- Be patient! Wait a bit, and you will see everything yourself. I hinted a little earlier. On our new album, one such person will be noted. And I think that the result will simply hurt people's heads.
- It is known that you collect synthesizers. Which one was purchased last, and what is the most commonly used in the work?

- This is a very fanatical and personal question, but I will gladly answer. I have one friend who helps me with synthesizers. And he does for me completely cool little noise electronic boxes. There is no one else like that! In general, in my home studio, there are many different good old synths that I use from time to time. But more recently, although I do not like simple mass devices, I bought a cheap keyboard for only $ 90. She somehow managed to accidentally integrate into the general chain of my electronic equipment, that now everything sounds absolutely insane! And this simple thing at the moment is my favorite in the studio. Soon you will understand why.

Nikolai Nelyubin, especially for Fontanka.ru

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Faith restored :guns:

This should mean that a single release is imminent.

Imminent in Howlett time is about 6 months. Don't hold your breath.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Another interview

https://www.metronews.ru/novosti/review ... o-1382897/

Most interesting question:

They say you have a new album on the way. Tell me about him?
I can not yet. Unless I say that I have four songs that I have to write down. And they will sound very cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:50 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
It's gone from "Early 2018" to "100% released in 2018".
:-D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Finally someone asked him some really interesting questions rather that typical bullshit. I wonder what Russian artist's he is listening in the streets :) if that was correctly translated.

So no new singles before the album is done. Can't imagine they will drop something new during this Russian tour then. We just have to wait a little more. Or as Liam puts it: "...well, wait and see, yeah, wait and wait and wait, wait some more and then see, dyaknowahrimean!""

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
If it's still being written I can only see an end of year date for release at best.