<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Today's news: old pseudo-Prodigy fans share their opinionated pseudo-facts, not realizing no one gives a fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

It's not more aggressive, festival or live oriented, they've always been that way, the albums post AONO haven't suddenly taken them more that way, they've been like that since the mid 90's. If anything the music has just become so formulaic, music by numbers. like i said, the things that made them so good have gone, Liam struggles to write albums anyway, he's always said that, coupled with the fact what he is producing now is so tame. Yes it's loud and in your face, thats always been the case except now there really isn't any depth to it at all. i'd hate to see them carry on and keep producing this stuff as it will really taint what an unbelievably creative and innovative band they used to be.

don't analyze music so much. that doesn't help you. new albums will never repeat same feelings old ones did back then.
that is connected with emotions, memories and so on...

i agree he repeated himself too much with IMD and TDIME, but these albums are made to bring up energy in live situation.. for me it delivers.

Don't analyse music so much? On a music forum about a band? huh? This isn't remotely related to nostalgia, it's about saying the past couple of albums have been poor. The creativity has gone, which is a shame but it's really time for them to stop if the direction they are going in is the awful new stuff they've played live recently coupled with IMD AND TDIME being poor albums.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
gcx wrote:
Today's news: old pseudo-Prodigy fans share their opinionated pseudo-facts, not realizing no one gives a fuck.

You like the word Pseudo... i get it. also in the news, precious Prodigy fan shits his pants when someone has a different opinion to him...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
IMD has classic tracks and TDIME also has some extremely good tracks. Sure they're missing some of the originality of their 90's albums and even to a lesser extent AONO, but they are still unmistakably Prodigy and they're staying true to themselves. Back in the early 00's I was a bit apprehensive that Prodigy would get soft with age, or worse, never release another album. Thankfully neither happened, they stayed true to their hard sound without compromise. They didn't go soft like so many of their peers. And although we had to wait a lot longer between albums, we got more albums. I'm looking forward to their next album whether it comes out this year or next, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
gcx wrote:

:bow:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:16 pm
Elsewhere wrote:

They just cant understand what you say. You cant feel again like you did when you listened to poison for the first time when you were 15 no matter how good the new songs are.Its like when someone is gently opening your tight asshole for the first time...You cant have the same feeling after 20 years no matter how good the sex is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
freehandjunkie wrote:
gcx wrote:

You like the word Pseudo... i get it. also in the news, precious Prodigy fan shits his pants when someone has a different opinion to him...

What I like is irrelevant. This is the news section, there's one for opinions. See you there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:20 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:

They just cant understand what you say. You cant feel again like you did when you listened to poison for the first time when you were 15 no matter how good the new songs are.Its like when someone is gently opening your tight asshole for the first time...You cant have the same feeling after 20 years no matter how good the sex is.

you are just first class ...... lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:47 am
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
IMD has classic tracks and TDIME also has some extremely good tracks. Sure they're missing some of the originality of their 90's albums and even to a lesser extent AONO, but they are still unmistakably Prodigy and they're staying true to themselves. Back in the early 00's I was a bit apprehensive that Prodigy would get soft with age, or worse, never release another album. Thankfully neither happened, they stayed true to their hard sound without compromise. They didn't go soft like so many of their peers. And although we had to wait a lot longer between albums, we got more albums. I'm looking forward to their next album whether it comes out this year or next, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

IMD was certainly much better than TDIME, which was a mess. Classic tracks though? Omen and Invaders possibly, certainly more Prodigy than the rest of it. They've certainly not gone soft as a live act, that's them at their best. They still blow most bands away live. Musically though, post AONO they are soft i'd say, aside from the tracks mentioned, creatively they've gone massively backwards especially with the last album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:14 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Its like when someone is gently opening your tight asshole for the first time...

Please elaborate :)

/offtopic

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:07 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
You should take some of your own advice, if you don't like people's opinions then don't come into a forum for a band where people may just see things differently to you, you massive helmet.

Who's saying i'm right? it's my opinion thats all. If you can't take criticism of a band you like you really need to get out from behind your computer and get out into the real world, precious.

I'm precious? You're the one upset as you've been called out for wasting your own time. People like what they like. People spend far too much of their time on what they don't like. If you don't like The Prodigy anymore what do you gain by reading a Prodigy forum?

I don't care if people criticises The Prodigy. It doesn't affect me (apart from when I have to see their boring, repetitive posts).

I don't give a shit if you do or don't like The Prodigy. I don't expect you to care if I do or don't like The Prodigy. I'm not arrogant enough to think anyone cares what I do and don't like.

I come for news but all there ever is is opinion. I rarely post (which isn't something you could say about the people who don't like The Prodigy anymore).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:
You should take some of your own advice, if you don't like people's opinions then don't come into a forum for a band where people may just see things differently to you, you massive helmet.

Who's saying i'm right? it's my opinion thats all. If you can't take criticism of a band you like you really need to get out from behind your computer and get out into the real world, precious.

I'm precious? You're the one upset as you've been called out for wasting your own time. People like what they like. People spend far too much of their time on what they don't like. If you don't like The Prodigy anymore what do you gain by reading a Prodigy forum?

I don't care if people criticises The Prodigy. It doesn't affect me (apart from when I have to see their boring, repetitive posts).

I don't give a shit if you do or don't like The Prodigy. I don't expect you to care if I do or don't like The Prodigy. I'm not arrogant enough to think anyone cares what I do and don't like.

I come for news but all there ever is is opinion. I rarely post (which isn't something you could say about the people who don't like The Prodigy anymore).

:bow: :bow: :bow:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
All saint's is recording a new album for 2018. Maybe Liam will lay down some soft beats there aswell. :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:23 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: this thread. This drama. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey i dont care much for the bands records nowadays...
Golden days are behind them...

But Liam occasionally still does a cool tune that i truly love now and then...
(Warriors Dance1!11 TDIME With Dope DOD)

If Liam, Maxim, Keith et all still get a kick out of doing new tunes and gigs...
let them be. I aint gonna waste my time throwing hate towards them.

.....and are people really suggesting that the band should quit "to protect the legacy!" ???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:42 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Its like when someone is gently opening your tight asshole for the first time...

Please elaborate :)

/offtopic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another time
In the age of wonder
This land was green & good
Until the butt cracked