<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:55 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
This is more or less the same type of interview that they give before their albums, same rethoric full of words like agression, beats, fire, attack, tunes made to be played live...I guess we are going to have another IMD or TDIME

A little bit off topic: isn't it time to change the logo? it's been the same since 2008

Same logo, same music

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:30 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1652Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
This is more or less the same type of interview that they give before their albums, same rethoric full of words like agression, beats, fire, attack, tunes made to be played live...I guess we are going to have another IMD or TDIME

A little bit off topic: isn't it time to change the logo? it's been the same since 2008

Same logo, same music

Same logo = same music. We gonna have another IMD like album like TDIME and NT

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:37 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
The tour/studio mindset means that omen and tmtth clones are coming

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:06 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
The most important question is where is documentary ? Its been 2,5 year since announcement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:51 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
climbatize88 wrote:
The most important question is where is documentary ? Its been 2,5 year since announcement.

true that, but if you convert it into Liam's time it's been only 2,5 months :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
climbatize88 wrote:

Paul Dugdale was busy making Coldplays live/documentary movie. But this March he posted this picture on IG where IMD video was shot saying "14 years later I'm back". Hope the project is not dead, we must have it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:10 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
climbatize92 wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Same logo, same music

NT was a little bit different from the other two, they work in the same league (Prodigy post AONO) but we could see changes for the better

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
climbatize92 wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Same logo, same music

NT was a little bit different from the other two, they work in the same league (Prodigy post AONO) but we could see changes for the better

Always respecting the opinion of the others, I think that No Tourists is their worst work, that doesn't mean it isn't good (it's the prodigy, man! ;) ), but the really good tracks are two or three (including Resonate, in my opinion). Need Some1 is a very good live track, Light Up The Sky is ok, but it bores me a bit. No Tourists is interesting, Timebomb Zone is great and Resonate ist he best one, but even though the mastering is great, they concentrated more on the noise than on the ideas.
Behind IMD and The Day Is My Enemy, there's more a concept of the ideas and of the sound. The Day Is My Enemy is a kind of darker IMD.

I am actually glad listening a track like Disrupt Ya' Flow, because there's this kind of Drum'n'bass sound, which keep it not particularly fresh, but at least interesting. However, I would like more to listen to something less patterned and fresher.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
Always respecting the opinion of the others, I think that No Tourists is their worst work, that doesn't mean it isn't good (it's the prodigy, man! ;) ), but the really good tracks are two or three (including Resonate, in my opinion). Need Some1 is a very good live track, Light Up The Sky is ok, but it bores me a bit. No Tourists is interesting, Timebomb Zone is great and Resonate ist he best one, but even though the mastering is great, they concentrated more on the noise than on the ideas.
Behind IMD and The Day Is My Enemy, there's more a concept of the ideas and of the sound. The Day Is My Enemy is a kind of darker IMD.

I am actually glad listening a track like Disrupt Ya' Flow, because there's this kind of Drum'n'bass sound, which keep it not particularly fresh, but at least interesting. However, I would like more to listen to something less patterned and fresher.

I quite like No Tourists. To me, it sounded like Liam having fun again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:01 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:40 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-new ... tour-death

Quote:
The Prodigy's Maxim talks Keith Flint 'replacement' and how band are continuing his legacy
EXCLUSIVE: The Prodigy star Maxim has addressed why the band could never replace Keith Flint as he and Liam Howlett continue the late vocalist's legacy on their current tour, following the release of his Maxim x Clarendon collection at the Clarendon Fine Art Gallery.
By SAMANTHA MASTERS
13:40, Thu, Nov 23, 2023 | UPDATED: 15:29, Thu, Nov 23, 2023

The Prodigy's Maxim says no one could ever replace Keith Flint as he and Liam Howlett continue his legacy on their current Army of the Ants tour.

The group's vocalist died aged 49 back in 2019, which led to a four-year hiatus as the remaining members took time out to grieve.

Following the news, Maxim, 56, recalled how many often asked how they were going to replace Keith, a change he said would never work.

He shared: "It's funny, the four years where we didn't do anything people used to say, 'How are you going to replace Keith? What are you going to do?'

"You can't replace Keith. Who is going to try and fill his gap? There's just nobody.

"It's not a thing of replacing anyone. The Prodigy was originally Keith, Leeroy [Thornhill], me and Liam.

"And now it's me and Liam and that's it, there's not going to be anyone else coming into The Prodigy, that's just the way it is."

Ahead of returning to touring, Maxim admitted he and Liam didn't know if it would work without Keith, but wanted to continue The Prodigy legacy and perform new tracks released just months before he died.

He explained: "If we got on stage and we didn't feel it worked, then we wouldn't do it.

"But, we were excited and we loved it and you can never tell until you do the first show."

Upon returning to live shows, Maxim said everything "just clicked back into place, like I hadn't left the stage".

And with the crowd still full of energy and appreciation, the new duo realised continuing performing was the best decision.

"Keith wasn't there... the energy was there, the crowd were still there and the people still wanted to hear the music. They still wanted to hear The Prodigy, they still wanted that energy and I feed off the energy of the crowd.

"I was there for the people and I was there for the crowd. I came off the stage and loved it.

"It was something I didn't want to let go of. I love being on the stage and we love what we do.

"We still play Firestarter in tribute to Keith. We do it in a different way."

As The Prodigy's tour kicked off, the performer also released his captivating Maxim x Clarendon collection at the Clarendon Fine Art Gallery.

The socially charged collection explores Maxim’s unshakeable faith in human nature in the face of division and conflict.

Through his innovative use of unconventional materials, vibrant colours and technology, he allows the shocking and the gentle converge to create a surreal message about life, love, and the positive outcomes we can create with our own actions and attitudes.

Described by the gallery as art "where imagination knows no bounds," Maxim said the reaction to his latest pieces has been "overwhelming" and he plans to create more next year.

He said of his creative talents: “Art is another expression for me. When I’m not doing music, I’m doing art. When I’m not doing art I’m doing music. That’s my life fulfilled.”

Maxim X Clarendon is available to view and buy across Clarendon Fine Art Galleries Nationwide.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:55 pm
Crispian Mills (Kula Shaker) Interview
https://qthemusic.com/p/crispian-mills- ... w-prodigy/
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how did you end up on a Prodigy album (The Fat of the Land)?

I think Liam [Howlett] was looking for other singers to work with, and he just liked my voice. I was surprised to get the call, but I went over there, and we talked through some ideas, and what I worked on with him turned into two tracks, actually. It turned into a track called "Climbatize," and also "Narayan." So they were originally one track, and then Liam was rushing to end his record, and he kind of split some of the music to make another track. [Laughs.] So when we play live, what we often do is merge the tracks to how it was originally and play that version, which sounds really good with the band.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:30 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Rob Holliday interview with some bits about The Prodigy: -
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/news/142056/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 pm