<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:36 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Its interesting he collects synths yet all of the stuff he has produced in the past two albums all sound much the same. Let's be honest, the new "stuff" is mostly awful too. As a band i think the creativity went a long time ago, i literally never listen to anything they have done post AONO. i so want it to be good, but in truth its all mostly forgettable. It's good they still have the passion to perform and they are still so good live but as a band who were so groundbreaking in what they did they really are a shadow of that. i doubt this new project will amount to much more than what the past two albums did, its such a shame they ain't what they used to be.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
freehandjunkie wrote:
Its interesting he collects synths yet all of the stuff he has produced in the past two albums all sound much the same. Let's be honest, the new "stuff" is mostly awful too. As a band i think the creativity went a long time ago, i literally never listen to anything they have done post AONO. i so want it to be good, but in truth its all mostly forgettable. It's good they still have the passion to perform and they are still so good live but as a band who were so groundbreaking in what they did they really are a shadow of that. i doubt this new project will amount to much more than what the past two albums did, its such a shame they ain't what they used to be.

This is the first time that none of the new live bits that I heard so far excite me. Need some1, Resonate sound very uninteresting. They will probably develop into something else but just don't see anything worth looking for at the time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:

Amen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Nightmare wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:14 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Don't forget to close the door behind you on your way out guys.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:18 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
gcx wrote:

i more than hope i am wrong, the thing is, i won't be. Its an opinion, i'm still a fan, from 92' to now, i'm realistic and not a fanboy, people are far too precious on here. This band got me into music, i adore them, they just ain't very good anymore...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
gcx wrote:

i more than hope i am wrong, the thing is, i won't be. Its an opinion, i'm still a fan, from 92' to now, i'm realistic and not a fanboy, people are far too precious on here. This band got me into music, i adore them, they just ain't very good anymore...

albums past AONO aren't same like ones pre AONO. i agree 100%.

vibe is different, it's less studio album style, more agressive, more vocal oriented. more alcohol less drug oriented if i can say so.
more festival oriented. more LIVE oriented.
and they are still very demanded and praised LIVE.

so are things good or bad?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Elsewhere wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfrgemXZy6E

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
gcx wrote:

This is it... same here.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:17 am
Elsewhere wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:
gcx wrote:

albums past AONO aren't same like ones pre AONO. i agree 100%.

vibe is different, it's less studio album style, more agressive, more vocal oriented. more alcohol less drug oriented if i can say so.
more festival oriented. more LIVE oriented.
and they are still very demanded and praised LIVE.

It's not more aggressive, festival or live oriented, they've always been that way, the albums post AONO haven't suddenly taken them more that way, they've been like that since the mid 90's. If anything the music has just become so formulaic, music by numbers. like i said, the things that made them so good have gone, Liam struggles to write albums anyway, he's always said that, coupled with the fact what he is producing now is so tame. Yes it's loud and in your face, thats always been the case except now there really isn't any depth to it at all. i'd hate to see them carry on and keep producing this stuff as it will really taint what an unbelievably creative and innovative band they used to be.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Brainkiller forum - Where the people who used to like The Prodigy but don't anymore post more than those who do still like The Prodigy.

Go and do something you do like. Stop wasting everyone's time (including your own) telling people what you don't like.

Every thread turns into the same boring 'discussion'. It's not 'Prodigy News' that you don't like the new music. Opinion is not news.

If you dare like the new music you're a fanboy lying to yourself. If you don't like the new music but feel the need to repeatedly tell everyone then you're a boring cunt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 pm
[quote="James Jupiter"]Brainkiller forum - Where the people who used to like The Prodigy but don't anymore post more than those who do still like The Prodigy.

Go and do something you do like. Stop wasting everyone's time (including your own) telling people what you don't like.

Every thread turns into the same boring 'discussion'. It's not 'Prodigy News' that you don't like the new music. Opinion is not news.

If you dare like the new music you're a fanboy lying to yourself. If you don't like the new music but feel the need to repeatedly tell everyone then you're a boring cunt.[/quote

You should take some of your own advice, if you don't like people's opinions then don't come into a forum for a band where people may just see things differently to you, you massive helmet.

Who's saying i'm right? it's my opinion thats all. If you can't take criticism of a band you like you really need to get out from behind your computer and get out into the real world, precious.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:35 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:

It's not more aggressive, festival or live oriented, they've always been that way, the albums post AONO haven't suddenly taken them more that way, they've been like that since the mid 90's. If anything the music has just become so formulaic, music by numbers. like i said, the things that made them so good have gone, Liam struggles to write albums anyway, he's always said that, coupled with the fact what he is producing now is so tame. Yes it's loud and in your face, thats always been the case except now there really isn't any depth to it at all. i'd hate to see them carry on and keep producing this stuff as it will really taint what an unbelievably creative and innovative band they used to be.

don't analyze music so much. that doesn't help you. new albums will never repeat same feelings old ones did back then.
that is connected with emotions, memories and so on...

i agree he repeated himself too much with IMD and TDIME, but these albums are made to bring up energy in live situation.. for me it delivers.