<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
UN wrote:
https://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnoisey.vice.com%2Fes_co%2Fblog%2Fojal-la-cultura-dance-se-autodestruya-una-charla-con-the-prodigy&edit-text=&act=url&authuser=0

thanks!

lol "Roadnlox"

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:28 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Quote:
Any child can download your favorite sounds and copy them, or go to YouTube and watch a tutorial of how to replicate your favorite album. What the fuck is that ?! It's like a Lego, it is bullshit. This makes it difficult to make people stand out and be original.

I understand that Liam's creative process is different, but I think for someone to learn how to make music it's actually not a bad idea to try and recreate stuff they like, or create similar stuff and then evolve a unique style. Isn't that what influence (or inspiration) means?

(Obviously I'm not for people releasing recreated music or things that sound exactly the same as existing music.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
i guess just for "archive purposes"

little interview they did in Bejing, China.

sound goes off half way through...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cj6l6hQnYI

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
i guess just for "archive purposes"

little interview they did in Bejing, China.

sound goes off half way through...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cj6l6hQnYI

It repeats at half way point without sound.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:02 am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:07 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Elsewhere wrote:

That's such a fucked up translation. The title actually says that "a pension is out of the question" and the main takeaway being how Keith sad the band was going to retire soon but he was supposedly pissed of when he said it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:03 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
http://jarocinfestiwal.pl/znamy-histori ... m-zagramy/

I'll try to translate whatever seems relevant
Code:
Jarocin: The Prodigy plays the legendary Jarocin Festival on 8th July. The history of the gig refers to values such as mutiny, freedom and intransigence. Are these the values that we can expect from your performance in Jarocin?

Liam: We know the festival's history and we are very happy to play it. Our band can be described in the same way you did with the festival, and I'm sure we will fit the vibe well. We can't wait to show our music to Polish fans in Jarocin.

Jarocin: generic question about band's memories about Poland

Liam: generic answer about loving crazy Polish fans who have a lot of energy in the crowd

Jarocin: do you prefer solo gigs or attending big festivals?

Liam: It doesn't matter for us, we're used to playing both of these. Each is completely different and with its own upsides. During the festivals we are able to play, meet and compete against other bands. In case of our individual gigs we have a tighter grip over aspects such as i.e. sound or lights. We are lucky, since we're able to perform on both festivals and solo gigs regularly.

Jarocin: your latest album, "TDIME" has met a lot of appreciation. What are your thoughts on the LP?

Liam: I like it, obviously! I believe that we created a great, uncompromising LP, which fully shows what we are. This is exactly the LP we wanted to record. The previous CD was completely different, just like the new one will.* Nevertheless, it always sounds like The Prodigy.

Jarocin: this album sounds very aggressive and very energetic. Where did the emotions in this LP come from?

Liam: (I won't translate this, you've seen the answer to this question a million times already. The band was a bit frustrated, electronic music started to lack energy, nonsensical schematic music in the radio etc.)

Jarocin: Did you begin working on the new material?

Liam: Yes, I wrote a couple of new tracks already.

Jarocin: How would you invite Polish fans to see you in Jarocin?

Liam: Just be there, all the fans of The Prodigy! If you won't come, you'll miss the chaos, the noise, and maybe an opportunity to hear the new sounds... I said, "maybe".

* - yup, Polish version of the interview somewhat suggested an upcoming album here too, but it has to be inaccurate translation by them, from the actual interview made in English

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:09 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
haha - "maybe"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:31 am
Not an interview but may be of interest to some :dunno:

http://bestthenews.com/article/time-pro ... graphy-sun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
https://translate.google.pt/translate?s ... authuser=0

Quote:
Ahead of their upcoming single date in southern Italy at the Parco Gondar Postepay August 16 The Prodigy, the British band is more representative of the big beat breakbeat scene and the last 20 years, has granted us an interview with us and answer us was NightGuide Liam Howlett, the old keyboard player and band sampler.

NightGuide. Here has to Gondar Postepay Park is your first time in southern Italy. How were your previous experiences with the Italian audience?
Liam H. We came to Italy since our debut, in fact Italy was the first country we visited when we started playing outside the UK. There is always a lot of feeling and a lot of connection with the Italian public. always there in the middle of very wild.

NG. Starting from your third album, I think there has been some tendency to take long pauses between one work and another. Which the "method" that used to arrive at the concept of a new album? How do you make this coincide with the modern music industry, much more like a fast food?
LH. It was never my intention, was not in the plans to take so long, but there is certainly the need to hear a new real project and at the right time. The Prodigy has never been a band for those that churn out music for the pleasure of it. The last album we did was a reaction to what was going on around us, musically, politically, personally. Our music is made to be carried on stage and played live because that's the last place we have left to connect directly with people face to face. We have never seen anything that concerned the music industry because it has never been our game.

NG. Do you think the "music" in the broadest sense still has the power to break the rules, the walls, the prejudices to build new ways for young people? Or has it become a matter of "likes" and "followers"?
LH. The music will always have this power because it will always remain a universal language. We know this because we've been all over the world and we have seen with our own eyes. true that nowadays happen so many more things that can distract from "she" (the music), but continues to be the soundtrack of life of people in their process of growth and you could not live without her. As for the likes and followers do not give a fuck.

NG. The Prodigy are off by one of the "hard" underground cultures that there was in the '90s. Who are your fans now? What is the secret of the popularity of the band's more anti-pop in recent years?
LH. The only thing I know is that when I go on stage I see in the crowd and I see people of all ages in all the same madness in his eyes. We were there at the birth of rave culture so the band exists for a reason and we only do what we do best for the right reasons. If there is a secret I do not want to know; We continue to do what we like until we or our public does not hear our more and that will be the end.

NG. I read some of your recent interviews, you spoke of a possible dissolution of your day, with the explanation that one day there must be an end. Excuse the question, but as your fans do I have to ask: why think about a possible end? I believe that you still have much to teach those who really love music.
LH. That was not me, the Keef said it was in a bad week. Now is better! The answer to your question is in the above ... we just can not stop.

NG. Now the last question, and for this I would like you to come back to when you were not famous. If you enter a store where you can find all the music you want with money for 3 cd, which compresti?
LH. Mmm ... I hate that kind of question, because the answer would change all the time, so I answer with what I like now:
Dr Dre - The chronic
Ennio Morricone - Soundtrack collection
Queens of The Stone Age - Rated R

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm
^ Good interview, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:47 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
C U in Gallipoli! 8-)

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW