<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Music 2024

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:31 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
"we will return, new music next year, lets fuckin go"
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0tYkx7NoNx ... BiNWFlZA==

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:32 am
Yeah, can't help but be sceptical. We shall see, ladies and gents.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:52 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
I’m inclined to get a little excited! LH could have just left that out if he wasn’t sure himself. I think we could have new music as early as spring to take new tracks into festival season.

LH doesn’t tend to roadtest completed tracks anymore until they are or close to being released. DTW was in early stages, now it’s either scrapped, reworked or complete I guess that’s why it was dropped from Uk & Europe shows.

I’m gonna stay positive

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:25 pm
Thing is, it's the same every year pretty much. Last year was 'a new wave of fire' can't remember the years previous # comments.
I honestly can't let my hopes get raised with anything Prodigy related anymore until we get a definitive release date.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:11 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 103Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm
Liam hinted that he was struggling to finish the new tracks and that touring gives him the creative boost he needs to finish tracks. I think we’ll see something around Autumn 2024.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
he's been saying that for the past 5 years. Every year he says it and nothing happens

i cant help but be skeptical

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:23 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
gunthrax wrote:
Liam hinted that he was struggling to finish the new tracks and that touring gives him the creative boost he needs to finish tracks. I think we’ll see something around Autumn 2024.

The problem is that, if he keeps looking for inspiration at the gigs only he will end up producing another IMD or TDIME, that is, short tunes with the same sound, same structure and same beats, the musical landscapes from Jilted or even Fat are long gone, he is stuck in the bangerzzzz thing I'm afraid

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:33 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
gunthrax wrote:

The problem is that, if he keeps looking for inspiration at the gigs only he will end up producing another IMD or TDIME, that is, short tunes with the same sound, same structure and same beats, the musical landscapes from Jilted or even Fat are long gone, he is stuck in the bangerzzzz thing I'm afraid

I completely agree with you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
gunthrax wrote:

+1

that live feeling that he keeps looking for is not something that I am expecting from him. Tunes can be great without that high adrenaline that he tries to incorporate in whatever unfinished track. They can only end up sounding the same: loud & distorted in order to have some sort of edge to them. I don't need that. You can only push that as far as it goes then it will sound boring much like any death metal song.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
I agree. Definitely need more atmospheric, journey type tracks. Would make the setlist a lot more interesting and longer plus they wouldn't be knackered after 20 odd two minute bangerzzz crammed in to 50/60 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Totally agree, with AONO he was trying to make an album that still had bangers but a lot more structure and depth but since then each album seems to aimed squarely towards the crowd/live and the tracks are poorer for it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:42 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Yes, I think this way of producing started after AONO, you can see tracks like First Warning (2007) or even Razor (2005) already sounded more or less the same than those we have had during the 09-18 period

These tracks are too loud and strident, I can say that I never find myself listening to tracks from IMD or TDIME

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:43 pm
subtract wrote:
Totally agree, with AONO he was trying to make an album that still had bangers but a lot more structure and depth but since then each album seems to aimed squarely towards the crowd/live and the tracks are poorer for it

I swear I wrote my post above without reading yours... :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Yes, I think this way of producing started after AONO, you can see tracks like First Warning (2007) or even Razor (2005) already sounded more or less the same than those we have had during the 09-18 period

These tracks are too loud and strident, I can say that I never find myself listening to tracks from IMD or TDIME

By First Warning, it has been such a waste.... The pervious version of Warning, the one played in Athens in 2004 was one of the best prodigy tracks ever. Same destiny went to AWOL. I think once they play such tunes so often before getting released, they need to be kind of refreshed, but, in my opinion, such refresh just ruins the first proposal of the track.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:20 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

By First Warning, it has been such a waste.... The pervious version of Warning, the one played in Athens in 2004 was one of the best prodigy tracks ever. Same destiny went to AWOL. I think once they play such tunes so often before getting released, they need to be kind of refreshed, but, in my opinion, such refresh just ruins the first proposal of the track.

Tracks that were brilliant, or at least better in the beginning, that got ruined by too much production:

Trigger
Baby's got a temper
Get ur fight on
Back 2 skool
World's on fire
Unstoppable
Need some1
Medicine
AWOL
Rok-weiler

I remember back in the day, it was more or less Liam's slogan, ''to keep it fresh'', and he scrapped AONO v.1, because he did not want Fat Of The Land p2. Now he did 3 albums in a row, that sounds so much a like. I do like a few of the tracks from the last 3, but they're definitly not up there, with his creative first 3. I don't like the fast d&b tracks, or the dubstep style tracks. I miss the breakbeats, the acid, and the atmospheric 7-8 minute brainf#ck tracks. Those kinda tracks you don't need drugs to enjoy, but tracks like Roadblox & Champions of London, you need drugs!...

I do not get my hopes high with new music in 2024. As people already said, he says this every year. I am also not as excited as I used to be, because I have been disappointed since 2004, apart from Invaders, which I enjoyed a lot at the time. I just hope we get more of the stuff I miss + that f#ckin Benny Blanco track. I need a studio version of this! Also some of the scrapped tunes like ''Frequencies'', ''Stab'', ''Dogbite'', ''Dust yo self'', ''We Do What We Want'' in some new forms. Well, let's see what happens, or not happens...

Offline Profile