<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Next prodigy record not with xl ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:15 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 521Location: LithuaniaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:04 pm
Drummer, gotta admit, you're telling the truth. Not long ago, I realised, that they wont be together long. They will do this album, tour a year, get some awards, release a few singles, be in a couple of videos and thats it. Good bye Prodigy. Liam (God, help him) will start his own label and be like P.Diddy. Keith will calm down and get on with his life, turn into a normal family guy. Maxim, well, dont know, we shall see. Anyway, Prodigy name wont die, oh no. We are their fans, and we'll keep their name alive. At least I, just cant get rid of their CD's, coz I just cant dance to something like Madonna or Sean Paul, coz my moves look's kinda silly and I loose my breath quickly. But when I dance to Prodigy music, I just turn into a diferent person, I feel amazingly light and strong. I think, that the same thing is to other people, coz what ever someone like drummer trows at them, they still are more talented. I dont have anything against you, drummer, but you have to calm down.
But still, getting out of Xl is maybe a good idea, it's just so sad, remembering how they danced in EITP video with those Xl hats. Future looks sad. :?

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:48 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 515Location: Vigo - SpainJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:30 am
too sad for me :oldcry: but, I hope that this new album rock the world, it would be a great farewell :/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:06 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 604Location: WI, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm
I see that the road doesn't go on forever, but with Liam's enthusiasm for the new shit, and writing more and what not, I don't think this will be the last album. I think he'll want to bang out another before they call it a day. I do see a lot of time involved all around though, hell, my son will be grown by the time they're offically done.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:41 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 708Location: Adelaide, AustraliaJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:57 pm
To be honest it wouldn't break my heart if they broke up and Liam was producing other artists... Cos at the end of the day if the name L. Howlett is on the track then to me (at least) then it is still Prodigy. Because musically.. Liam IS the Prodigy! as long as he is producing then thats good enough for me.

But then again I'd like to see them go as long as possible.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
If Liam decides enough is enough, then that's his choice.
Why say he owes fans anything, he doesn't really.

He has given service to dance/electronic music industry, that's who owe him. We mearly paid for the goods/service.

I do believe Liam when he say's it's the vibe, it's like most things, if you get fed up or too old for what you are doing then that's that.

As for the music, I will enjoy it forever. I still listen to old skool music now and get a buzz from it, even if the artists no longer produce their own shit.

Also AONO haters......u puzzle me.

last few words...can't wait for the new album :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:26 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 364Location: SlovakiaJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:10 pm
:cry: NO!!!!!!!FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!! :oldangry: Im so sad!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:00 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 521Location: LithuaniaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:04 pm
:iagree:

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Zed wrote:
Ask Shaper or Brainkiller, you just have no chances to release Break-beat or sampled music until your band name is not Prodigy

all the music promoters I met and made them listen to the Bk Recordings artists they told me "Good, but can be better. We'll call you back"
There is a jungle of amazing artists who just can't get in the spotlight because of the major labels

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:26 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
Zed wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
cos nobody will legally force him to make tunes

Nobody? Well, I do force him. It's not XL who has created Prodigy, but fans. XL got luck, they have been using the Prodigy brand for 15 years. If XL was a truly smart label there were a bunch of great artists, great as Prodigy, trust me. A lot of bands have split up (like Lunatic Calm) because they just could not find a label to release the music. Ask Shaper or Brainkiller, you just have no chances to release Break-beat or sampled music until your band name is not Prodigy. And if Liam is being lazy, well, fuck it, let'em drink a champagne, there is no room for respect in the bottle.

well first off... shaper is a mate of mine.. second.. i'm the a&r for bk-r records... third. and no offense but you are nobody and you cant force anyone anymore than the rest of us to make an artist release anything.

prodigy did get somewhere through their fans but it's not all that.. there's alot more to it than you understand.. it's alot of bizness stuff

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:58 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 49Location: RussiaJoined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:41 am
The Oracle wrote:
well first off... shaper is a mate of mine.. second.. i'm the a&r for bk-r records...

Yeah, man, I know. I also know Shaper as he's a part of Renoise development team where I slightly involved as well. But why did you say that? No offence, but I really don't know details about A&R. But anyway, wish you luck with your contest (Btw, I think a contest is wrong approach to get new artists on board).

The Oracle wrote:
third. and no offense but you are nobody and you cant force anyone anymore than the rest of us to make an artist release anything.

prodigy did get somewhere through their fans but it's not all that.. there's alot more to it than you understand.. it's alot of bizness stuff

I've made a couple of post and you already say that I don't understand a lot? You're searching for too much of logic in my words. Don't worry I know about legal side and money side. But this forum is wrong place to mention it. And you can't bring me offence with "you're nobody", you probably wanted to open my eyes, but it looks like you just didn't get what I'm talking about. Actually, I would not recommend to you call anyone "nobody", it's generally wrong, there is a lot of connections which don't give a fuck about legal side, I can say it as one of founders of theprodigy.ru which traffic x10 times more than bk-r and brainkiller.it And the more people you called "nobody" the more you've lost.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:20 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 150Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:40 pm
how do u call it?- attrahal, right?!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:40 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 49Location: RussiaJoined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:41 am
Lol, "attrahal" is way too harsh. I do respect Oracle and Bk-R, they do good job, but I won't let people squeeze my opinion with "you're nobody", I've done a lot for the Prodigy fan community, I know the price of sincere things. Of course I can't enforce Liam to release stuff, that is obvious, but there are connections, natural connections which do pressure during day and night. Anyway, I heard the music Liam did under "legal" pressure, it's crap.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:35 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 150Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:40 pm
i think everyone here do respect those who do stuff for the prodigy fan community but this must be mutual..
as for the music Liam do i'm pretty sure the upcoming album will be a KICK IN THE ASS!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:45 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
nice topic this, enjoyed reading thru it, i think i will post my thoughts.

these are all just my opinions, right or wrong its what i reckon;

the main reason people who are making breaks and stuff cant get a deal, is because its an underground scene at the end of the day. it has been since it started, and it will be untill the last breakbeat has been made. yeah every now and then (1997) u will get a flutter of artists getting short deals on the back of a massive track, but once the hype has died down they will go back into the underground again untill the next big record is released. i think breaks are gunna be brought back into music a bit more tho with the dieing house scene that is polluting the charts, especially in the UK. Im writing alot of nuhardcore breaks tracks at the moment which allows me 2 use any breakbeat i want, along with any type of sound i want in reality. its wicked, its underground all the way, and ive had a couple of my choons played on a few good radio stations (fantazia, backtotheoldskool new and unsigned show) and ive also got a couple of my older choons on fantazias website. and as far as im concerned, this is a buzz, the only thing i want now is just a breaks label to sign me to a 1 record deal or something, then at least i can hold an ep in my hands and say, yeah this is mine, nobody can take this away from me. its too expensive to put ur own vinyl out these days, so its easier for a label to do it for u.

secondly, i belive XL have forgotten what their about, it was pure luck that they signed the prodigy before anyone else had the chance, tam tam didnt because they wer more of a hip hop label and its understandable that they didnt want a rave act on their books. if xl didnt get liam, production house would of done, and had they got to him instead of xl, chances are they wud still be around now because one thing liam brought to xl is money. experience made them enuf to invest in more talent, and they let liam do what he wanted for the second album, and that went number 1 straight away, and what does that equal? money. once again xl could invest in more new talent, and because jilted was a multi genre album, they could take artists from different genres coz they didnt look out of place any more, then came fotl and xl made MILLIONS AND MILLIONS. now they are a pretty big label and they have allsorts of shite on their books, and they only have the prodigy because of loyalty and the fact that they bring them money coz of us hardcore lot. xl knows that we will buy anything they release with liams name on it, even if the general public doesent, they will make enuf money to break even on the sales from us lot alone. (most probably)

but now that nobody but us cares about the prodigy, xl have stopped any kind of promotion, etc... and let them go, which is understandable. everyone has a shelf life, and thats exactly what the music bizness is based upon, how many records move from shelves. xl have distanced themselves as far away as possible from their roots (with the exception of basement jaxx, who will probably be released before long anyway coz their shite) and theyre signin indie idiots like the white shites and all that.

i also reckon that if this new album finds its way into our hands, it will be the last proper album from them, and at the end of the day, this last record has to be pretty good coz aono has damaged their rep, it sounded dated when it came out and doesent have the classic prodigy vibe about it, liam sounds lost all the way thru the album and its a true representation of a bloke whos not made a record in seven years, and who hasnt kept his ear to the ground. bgat was a perfect example of this, if it was released in 97-98 it wudda sounded fine and wudda done well, but not in 2002. its sounds like something off fotl, and its gone for the same shock tactics which made smbu massive and all that. liam cant go on banging the same shit out forever like fatboy slim, otherwise he will end up just becoming a media joke. its time he started to invest in the future tho and pass on some of his experience to the younger generation, us lot always know the score coz we are underground and we hear the new records coming out and we know whats fucking good coz most of the time we fucking make it, and myspace is the best place in the world to hear hot new tracks right now, and all it will take is us to tell liam that a records good and he will listen and etc....

liam needs 2 realise hes getting old, he isnt 26 any more, and he isnt as cool as he was back then, keith must be getting knackered now, hes pushed himself from day one and im sure thats taking its toll, and maxims voice must be pretty ruinied from all the screaming. leeroy got out while he could and is going his own way, perhaps its time for the other 3 to make this new album their last one and give us summat 2 remember em by. then look to the future by investing time into the next big thing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
ROFLMAO!!!

Liam: perfect genius who makes good tracks and knows what he can and what he cannot do

Keith: he;s not the dancer anymore, he's the rockstar, the crowddisrupter. And he really did improve his voice.

Maxim: always had that raw and rough voice.... Best MC in the world with a great timing! (sucky rapper tho...)

The Prodigy.... don't fokking care what label they got, XL is nice but why not thier own....

All the comments above.... pessimistic bullshit!