<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Next prodigy record not with xl ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:33 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:20 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 459Location: AustraliaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:36 pm
MTV is an American company, the Prodigy's old US record label was Maverick, but they're not with them anymore, so that would explain why the record label in the US is undetermined, but i think in UK it'll still be XL.

Na... I'm talking out of my ass, I know nothing about this sort of thing, just a wild guess.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
in a recent interview with neko, Liam said he would start his own label. Go figure

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:09 am
Couldn't say anything before, but Drummer said Liam's not with XL anymore (from Liam's mouth). This was like 2 months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:23 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 49Location: RussiaJoined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:41 am
BigSugar316 wrote:
Couldn't say anything before, but Drummer said Liam's not with XL anymore (from Liam's mouth). This was like 2 months ago.

I would easily believe it's true, and if it's true then it's great news. XL is somekind of a vampire. Pressure, slow and crappy promos..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:32 pm
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
time will tell, not to say drummer is wrong. right now they are still officially with xl. if anything liam wants to jump off so that he can work at his own pace and we saw what pace that was... it took xl to give us bgat, aono, and their law the singles when we got those otherwise he could very well be sitting at his house not doing anything

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:47 pm
The Oracle wrote:
it took xl to give us bgat, aono, and their law the singles when we got those otherwise he could very well be sitting at his house not doing anything

Yeah, but it doesn't make any big difference to me. BGAT/AONO/THIER_LAW is a pure disappointment of mine. BGAT is a result of Liam's "bomb" syndrome, AONO is a result of fucking irrelevant collaborations while drinking a vine, THEIR LAW is a result of "hey, it's like 15 years gone, nice number, let's get cash of it", but nobody remembered that there is 7 years of nothing. Of course, I've overstated the situation, but I don't give a damn. It's clearly that the energy is gone, the forums are full of asslickers, crap live downloads and not a word about the music (no surprise). And I hardly find power and words to post anything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:53 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
the problem with you is that you just lost hope

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:04 pm
If I had lost my hope:
1. I would not come to this forum
2. I would not setup ProdigyRemix site
3 I'd probably was dead (due to peculiarities of my biography)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:43 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
i see liam as an old man now.. much like fatboy slim... he was roughly liams age when fotl came out.. now he's doing fuck all but who cares... liam can do what he wants on his own label cos nobody will legally force him to make tunes which means another album could come out when he's 60 for all he cares

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:49 am
The Oracle wrote:
cos nobody will legally force him to make tunes

Nobody? Well, I do force him. It's not XL who has created Prodigy, but fans. XL got luck, they have been using the Prodigy brand for 15 years. If XL was a truly smart label there were a bunch of great artists, great as Prodigy, trust me. A lot of bands have split up (like Lunatic Calm) because they just could not find a label to release the music. Ask Shaper or Brainkiller, you just have no chances to release Break-beat or sampled music until your band name is not Prodigy. And if Liam is being lazy, well, fuck it, let'em drink a champagne, there is no room for respect in the bottle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:55 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
smart things said.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
Many groups changed their label before, but not their style or their success.I believe it is a good time for them to go on with another label. Maybe Liam is dissapointed with this "greatest hits album" that xl pressured them to release.Dunno what happened or not prodigy will be still one of the most important group ever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:07 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 542Location: ukJoined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:32 pm
face facts you will be lucky if you get 1 more album, before liam just produces other artists on his label, there getting old now and how many more tours do you think keith has left in him, not many.
i had to come back for this 1 just because you lot cant see the wood for the trees :lol:

oh and manny if you got something to say go tell it to god or one of your pedophile priests, you know religion causes more wars than i ever have :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:40 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 515Location: Vigo - SpainJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:30 am
why do you say that? :bitch:

not true no!