<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Radio 1 Stories - The Prodigy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Kingdom wrote:
jilted wrote:
if i wouldn't care i wouldn't post it. they r my luvely band and it pains me when they r turning to shit. so where can i speak my mind if not here? (somebody hug meee :) )

its because of this band (well Amon Tobin helped alot) i got myself into music production. sb mentioned reviews but that's shit really. i had a pleasure to speak with some good guys from london scene and they too think that IMD is just awful :?

the success of this album is very strong marketing and a fukin 'best of' live shows for a couple last years since release of AONO which made me sick really (80% same show for couple of years - yuk!).

all i can say about live show compared even to those from AONO era is that THEY LOST BALLS! they act pretty meretriciously and pretty gayish. all this 'we love you' , 'thank you for coming', 'you r our warriors', singing along with the band... makes me puke :x and this fake punk trashy flat sound... and Liam is damaging old tunes! he simply destroyed all the vibe. when i've heard 'weather experience' on milton keynes i thought 'what the fuck?' over n over. so i've got enough of these fake counts :evil: it's pretty sad when ur losing your heroes yknow?

so i do care. and i'm not a fukin kid who will cry for his toy. and of course my attitude is take it or leave it. and i leaving it. but because i've grown up with these guys, loved them, written houndred posts discussing their music, got all albooms and singles on my shelf, a bunch of books, stickers and rest of fan shit... i just want to share me feelings wbout what is going on in my heart. take it or leave it. i'm a part of this forum

first of all, were you @ milton keynes? no? figured that much.
so you like your prodigy with keith on drugs in full spasm mode, dark clubs with a couple of hundreds in attendance, liam just inserting an analogue disc and fake rockin the keyboads while maxim makes angry faces like he used to? keith spitting on you in the first row while liam's inserted disc plays the same loop for the twentieth time? this was it for you? are these the days when they were "not fake counts"?
now we've got a first class act on the drums, we've got rob rockin the guitar, liam in full control and triggerin mode but NOW it's all faker than ever? now after all these years some crappy garag-y demos played on a radio show made you realise - 'huh, i guess they ain't underground enuff for me anymore. oh oh and btw, how great was AONO?!'
you act like someone came to your house or phoned you every now and then and asked you to buy some great new things like well.. a prodigy book, or - hey- this great piece of art. if it were'nt for this forum you would'nt know fuck about it. no one made you do anything. liam never asked anyone of us to buy all this merchandise 'n junk. some of us don't do it, others buy it because they like it or they wanna add it to their collection. you simply don't want any of this stuff to be produced because it's too 'mainstream', 'too many for the kiddies'. ironically, this is a very childish point of view. everybody likes your shiny toys, so you're not cool anymore 2 me.
i've seen the boys live since the mid-90's. i had the pleasure to meet liam and keith a couple of times after show. they signed t-shirts, cd's of mine, my arm at one point because they - i guess - they are so fake now. they posed for pictures and made rob come out of the bus for a pic with my girlfriend - yeah, because they're so fake now they can't remember anymore how to piss off their underground fans.
you can call their music or live shows irrelevant or stale. but calling the prodigy FAKE makes you a FAKE fan.
bye then.

owned.
good one Kingdom :>

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am
its all a matter of personal tatste...no right no wrong...listen to what you want to and disregard the rest

go drink a beer and chill...me i will do the same :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:26 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
bokorugro wrote:

go drink a beer and chill...me i will do the same :cheers:

+1. Fucking thirsty. 8-)

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Reading some of the stuff in this thread is pissing me off. Kingdom pretty much hit it on the head though. jilted, how you can not like Weather Experience from MK is just hypocritical. You say you like the old stuff, then when it's brought back you think wtf. I'm thinking wtf are you bloody going on about. I was at MK and that was one of the best moments of my life, and nearly all of the crowd would agree...

IMD is an amazing album, I love it and the only part I'm not so keen on is Stand Up, and the stupid cutting up of the synth in WOF. Other than that it's outstanding. I like AONO too, but come on, IMD is just better and more in the Prodigy spirit. Both albums work at home for me, although AONO gets weak in the later quarter...

I think the IMD era has been one of the best times to be a Prodigy fan, no fan could have asked for much more than what they've given us these past couple of years...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
So we get a couple of old demos thrown at us and everyone starts bickering about the band?

Put the hand bags away guys. There's voicing your opinion and there's shoving your opinion down someones throat......

Chill :woops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:18 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
Reading some of the stuff in this thread is pissing me off. Kingdom pretty much hit it on the head though. jilted, how you can not like Weather Experience from MK is just hypocritical. You say you like the old stuff, then when it's brought back you think wtf. I'm thinking wtf are you bloody going on about. I was at MK and that was one of the best moments of my life, and nearly all of the crowd would agree...

IMD is an amazing album, I love it and the only part I'm not so keen on is Stand Up, and the stupid cutting up of the synth in WOF. Other than that it's outstanding. I like AONO too, but come on, IMD is just better and more in the Prodigy spirit. Both albums work at home for me, although AONO gets weak in the later quarter...

I think the IMD era has been one of the best times to be a Prodigy fan, no fan could have asked for much more than what they've given us these past couple of years...

bang on mate, to think IMD is probably the 3rd best album out of the 5 shows the incredibly high quality music we have gotten in 20 years! its so hard for bands and musicians these days to get an album out that makes an impact because you have to wade through the shite that floods the radio and internet, people have wrote the prodigy off for years but i was not surprised how good IMD was, the genius has always been there, even in AONO, which is a boss album, the prodigy never copy anyone, to this day you cannot put them in any genre of music, i've got it down to electronica, but thats as close as i can get, totally unique in sound and one of the greatest live bands EVER..that is a fact.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:23 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 644Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 am
Liam doesn't actually trigger anything much on the live show apart from pressing play on his laptop with Ableton.. As far as i'm aware. His just rests his fingers on the keys, and takes them off when a new melody or beat starts. Then he jumps around all excited pretending he's actually performing when he's really just spazzing out on the keyboard

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:50 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
i do the same

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:03 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 650Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:06 pm
Haha, naa, lets not go there, I'm certain Liam does the occasional bit of tweaking on Ableton during the live shows (ie when the beats repeat n slow down to a stop during the end of Invaders Must Die live), to say all he does is just press play n pretend to play shit throughout the entire gigs isn't entirely true, yeh maybe he doesn't do as much to the tracks on Ableton when they're in full force as he'd be willing to admit, but what he does do live isn't all that different to what Leo n Rob do, he just adds a few extra synth parts n licks over the top of the tracks to give them more energy live, simple as that...

Back on topic, the demos that we heard on the Zane Lowe radio programme was definitely nothing more than just an insight into how IMD sounded in its early stages. Even Liam himself would probably admit that these demoes will more than likely never develop into future tracks n thats why he's let them be heard now rather than just be forgotten about like so many other ideas he's probably demo'd over the years.

On the topic of IMD, to me, although it may sound pretty shitty production wise n thats what turns people off of it, I really do think AONO is a much more creative album. If Liam had produced the album with a 'better' sound, similar to the demo versions of Shoot Down (Guns) n that then people would probably be giving it the recognition it deserves. I just think, as he often says, he just hit on a sound that he was into or 'feeling' at the time n just worked on a load of ideas that followed that particular sound n style.
I'm sure I'm not alone n theres quite a few ppl here that can see past the sound n production quality of AONO n see it for what it was, a really creative time for Liam where it was more about him himself rather than Keith n Maxim, similar to how it originally was back in the early days...

Really can't wait to hear how the next album will sound, hopefully it will be more original than IMD n there will a few more guest collaborations, but sadly I really don't think we'll be hearing it anytime soon...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1007Location: Atomic WastelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 am
one last post about it - where the fuck is this fu(n)kin great punk tune?!

when i heard it (the first gig of AONO) i was only: oh my god oh my god oh my god... excited like fuck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLjIGifWxY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1007Location: Atomic WastelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 am
KurtHectic wrote:
Liam doesn't actually trigger anything much on the live show apart from pressing play on his laptop with Ableton.. As far as i'm aware. His just rests his fingers on the keys, and takes them off when a new melody or beat starts. Then he jumps around all excited pretending he's actually performing when he's really just spazzing out on the keyboard

i contemplate it too :?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 am
weather experience was ruined on MK by adding shit noise on it :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:43 am
and i'd love Liam dropping cocaine :?

peace mates

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:48 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
jilted wrote:
weather experience was ruined on MK by adding shit noise on it :evil:

lol.

yeah, first i was blown away by the atmosphere and the lasers and the pure awesomeness of the track. but then this noise kicked in and it totally ruined the moment for the 65.000 in attendance.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:07 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Aono demo's were so fucking nice....If he took the IMD production spirit (not being lazy...plenty of variation and drumfills etc) and applied it to aono tunes....
I mean check it out:

1. Trigger; great beats, excellent ending.
2. Guns: Great psychedellia sound...
3. Guns Reprise: probably one of the tunes that could rival weather experience.
4. Nuclear: the main melody of the guitar was super catchy...could have been worked out much further.
5. Warning; the version of pinkpop 2005 was rocking....
6. dead ken; heard this on it's first play in amsterdam...got all the girls going.

I'd LOVE a "More Aono" :)

ps; the evil synth in memphis bells and the garage tune in the aono demo on the dvd were ace too...

Offline Profile