<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Radio 1 Stories - The Prodigy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:49 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Jr wrote:
Aono demo's were so fucking nice....If he took the IMD production spirit (not being lazy...plenty of variation and drumfills etc) and applied it to aono tunes....
I mean check it out:

1. Trigger; great beats, excellent ending.
2. Guns: Great psychedellia sound...
3. Guns Reprise: probably one of the tunes that could rival weather experience.
4. Nuclear: the main melody of the guitar was super catchy...could have been worked out much further.
5. Warning; the version of pinkpop 2005 was rocking....
6. dead ken; heard this on it's first play in amsterdam...got all the girls going.

I'd LOVE a "More Aono" :)

ps; the evil synth in memphis bells and the garage tune in the aono demo on the dvd were ace too...

you on a wind up?

none of these tracks were any good, barring warning which was a decent track.. AONO is no where near IMD in any shape or form.. the production on AONO was amateur like, it would take a lot more than better production to make that album stand toe to toe with the other albums, and you know what the big giveaway is mate, none of this album is played live, maybe except spitfire. shows what liam thinks of it, they toured the album and that was it, they went on and did the singles tour.. in truth i dont mind AONO i listen to it, but it will never stand next to anything else the prodigy have done, no where fucking near...you would love a "more AONO", stop talking rubbish..when IMD album tour is done its done, on to the new sound, the new album, no looking back, a lot of these tunes will be still on the live set, you cannot ever say that for AONO, it may as well be called the lost album. gun reprise, trigger, nuclear are all very poor offerings...awful in fact

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:17 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
No man; I'm not saying those tunes are great. Just that they have potential but were very poorly produced (indeed amature like). So basically I agree with most of what you say. Aono is nowhere near IMD...true!

But! Those tunes do carry potential; the main hook of nuclear, gun reprise's strings, etc.

Besides, we had a more experience and a more jilted, would be awesome to have a more fat of the land and a more aono.

That's all man :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:47 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 581Location: Philly, USAJoined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:36 am
Sounds like he's talking about the scrapped AONO and not the actual AONO. And I too would love to hear something similar in style to those tracks. He may do something similar. And Hell now they're even starting to say they were to hard on themselves with BGAT and they were and everyone else too. Those tracks did have great potential. The man reason they got scrapped wasn't how they sounded but the connection to the band at the time. The demos sound great too. Wish he would of spend more then a day on the first demo. Reminds me of QOTSA a little. As far as collaborations it'd be awesome if Josh Homme and Dave Grohl where featured on the album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
yeah I'm talking scrapped aono +

1. the live version of wake up call
2. dead ken
3. warning

+ some of the tunes just were a lot better live, like radio 1 session of spitfire.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
AONO -> IMD

specially live with Flint and Maxim vocals

imo ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:36 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 437Location: GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 pm
Thanx a lot for sharing & caring. :-D

Wicked to get some unheard material. 8-) First demo, some riffs remind me of Josh Homme. Second demo, deffo some RATM vibe to it.

LOL at Zane’s quote ‘Hardcore velvet’ :lol: , sounds like a very comfy studio to me. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:26 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 581Location: Philly, USAJoined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:36 am
Scratchthesurface wrote:
First demo, some riffs remind me of Josh Homme.
Totally agree that's what I was saying too. Anyone here gonna try and do something with that demo? I would really like to hear something done with that one. Thanks again to the person that edited the second one don't know how you managed to do it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
I was just listening Radio1 stories again and at the end when Zane looked at those 300+ tracks in Logic and Liam asked him "any request?", Zane read 3 working titles of the tracks and I can hear Hot Beat , Incredible and the last 1 which is collab with Tom Morello is smth like Live Brum???

Not sure if that was mentioned by some1 so I wanted to checked it with u guys

not that important but still.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
gava wrote:
I was just listening Radio1 stories again and at the end when Zane looked at those 300+ tracks in Logic and Liam asked him "any request?", Zane read 3 working titles of the tracks and I can hear Hot Beat , Incredible and the last 1 which is collab with Tom Morello is smth like Live Brum???

Not sure if that was mentioned by some1 so I wanted to checked it with u guys

not that important but still.....

Am I alone here? any1? :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:17 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
we won't hear those tunes anyway. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:05 pm
Kingdom wrote:
we won't hear those tunes anyway. :wink:

:lol: you r prolly right but I just thought it's good to know and add this info to our BK Prodge knowledge database :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:00 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Rapraiz version of one demo gets more and more plays in my winamp. sry for bad quality. synth part with beat sounds like a victroy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am