<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Album Speculation/Chat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Damn, we need some new prodigy tunes before everyone kills each other in here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 644Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 am
I think for some people on here English isn't their first language. Or more than likely, they didn't learn a lot at school.

This is what a fact is: 'The sun is hot.' 'Ice is cold.'
These are measurable facts.

Here's an opinion: 'The Godfather is the best film of all time.'
Best at what? If the majority of people in the world think it's the best film of all time, that is still just a majority made up of personal taste. Still opinions.

If you think one Prodigy album is better than the other based on album sales and awards received, go listen to Lady Gaga! She's topped both.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:20 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
KurtHectic wrote:
I think for some people on here English isn't their first language. Or more than likely, they didn't learn a lot at school.

Best at what? If the majority of people in the world think it's the best film of all time, that is still just a majority made up of personal taste. Still opinions.

If you think one Prodigy album is better than the other based on album sales and awards received, go listen to Lady Gaga! She's topped both.

Agreed. Now lets move on.

We need more tunes to compare with FOTL :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
KurtHectic wrote:

I never said best film of all time.I said much much better.You change the meaning of my arguement.

I see what you did there.You deliberately ignore another 2 criteria i wrote so you can say only about awards and Lady Gaga to make fun of me.The music critics and the vast majority of the Prodigy fans.(want to make a poll?)

If i send your picture with Liam to 100 women and 99% say that you are ugly and would be ashame to even walk with you,that is a fact or an opinion about how you look?

There are some arguements where the combination of what the majority likes/dislikes and the critics is enough . Facts are not just for science .

The Dark Knight is better than Batman and Robin with Arnold .99% of the people and the critics agree. It is not a fact because there is a handful which i respect but like the worst movie?

*how is my english?

Last edited by SPECIAL FORCES on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
:bomb:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 am
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
KurtHectic wrote:

I never said best film of all time.I said much much better.You change the meaning of my arguement.

I see what you did there.You deliberately ignore another 2 criteria i wrote so you can say only about awards and Lady Gaga to make fun of me.
The music critics and the vast majority of the Prodigy fans.(want to make a poll?)

If i send your picture with Liam to 100 women and 99% say that you are ugly and would be ashame to even walk with you,that is a fact or an opinion about how you look?

There are some arguements where the combination of what the majority likes/dislikes and the critics is enough . Facts are not just for science .

The Dark Knight is better than Batman and Robin with Arnold .

99% of the people and the critics agree. It is not a fact because there is a handful which i respect but like the worst movie?

*how is my english?

Aw aren't you sweet!
I wasn't even using your argument, I just used The Godfather for my own argument. So yeah, your understanding of English IS quite poor :lol:
You've really dragged on that picture of me with Liam, which I admit was a bad picture of me but what do I care? I bet you my gf is hotter than yours :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

Hope I'm wasting your time as well

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:07 am
ok you are right in everything.

So...is there any album in music in general that is better than another?
I guess not since all is just a matter of opinion.

So the combination of what the majority of the fans like and what the music critics say does not say anything about how good an album is.
You only answer to what is more convenient for you.

*what bad picture? when i first saw it i thought Liam was on the opening of the Hobit movie .

Last edited by SPECIAL FORCES on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

So the combination of what the majority of the fans like and what the music critics say does not matter?

That doesn't make it a fact that one album is better than the other. That's a conclusion. Don't mix up facts and how you interpret them.

would you care if the majority of the people and fans and critics disagree with your own taste? What does that matter?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:21 am
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

So the combination of what the majority of the fans like and what the music critics say does not matter?

*what bad picture? when i first saw it i thought Liam was on the opening of the Hobit movie .

Of course it matters. To get a general view of what most people think of it. That doesn't mean it's objectively true, people have their own opinions. And it seems to make you miserable when people have different opinions to you!
The Hobbit? I was thinking I looked more like your mum in that picture
:wink: . It would make sense since I spend so much time with her :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am
Jr wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

That doesn't make it a fact that one album is better than the other. That's a conclusion. Don't mix up facts and how you interpret them.

would you care if the majority of the people and fans and critics disagree with your own taste? What does that matter?

Well i love The Way it is . But i know it is a mediocre Prodigy song compared with the rest. I understand it is my personal taste .
It is wrong to say that since someone likes more a song or an album it is better . It is better for him not for the general opinion .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:49 am
KurtHectic wrote:
The Hobbit? I was thinking I looked more like your mum in that picture
:wink: . It would make sense since I spend so much time with her :lol:

I guess when you got the pic before you uploaded it you were uncertain because all would see how you look but you really wanted to upload it :lol:

OH NO!!! you insulted my mother...i stopped talking about other people's mothers when i was 12 .

Whatever Dude. I stop it out of respect because You KurtHectic are the one who had the bad luck to be born hideous (i googled it) .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:10 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
BLoody hell! enough already! back on topic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 pm
evans wrote:
BLoody hell! enough already! back on topic

I hope the new album will be much much better than IMD and AONO ! :lol:

Last edited by SPECIAL FORCES on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 pm
Hahahaha I just imagine you sitting fuming at your keyboard :lol: .
If you want to compare looks, let's do it. I don't see you posting images of yourself, nevermind on a bad day.

Offline Profile