<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Liam interview, Foo Fighters Remix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
New liam interview
http://theprodigy.ru/interview/Maximum% ... 202011.mp3

Nicked from official forum, thanks to Martintastic for the link

Liam talks about: Foo Fighters Remix, Starting the new album just yesterday!, Worlds On Fire film, Supporting Linkin Park, the upcoming Russian Show, the Russian Fans and more!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:32 pm
http://soundcloud.com/lponline/mike-shi ... e-11-18-10

at 1:06:10 Liam on the phone with Mike Shinoda

funny i found this now, since its available past November and he says hes doin a DVD lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
8-) thanx

Foo's second single is rumoured to be Walk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:07 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 574Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
I remember when Liam said they would be aiming for a 2011 release for the new album and they started working on it just yesterday :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
toX wrote:
I remember when Liam said they would be aiming for a 2011 release for the new album and they started working on it just yesterday :lol:

Tru, but ideas were laid down before then, like when on the Linkin Park tour Chester was ill and they had nothing to do so messed about with ideas. If they get used or not who knows, but they may develop now...

The Foo's remix is awesome, I like the Foo's, so this should be awesome!...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
this is history repeating.liam said they started working on the new album since last year.if you wait 6 months he will say again he'll be starting work on the new album.this is 2006-2008 again.

liam if you know you haven't started working on it yet.at least keep quiet about it in interviews and talk about something else.

liam on the phone: ,,you know,it's like yeah yeah,if ya know what i mean,it's like you know,yeah yeah''

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:08 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 194Location: USAJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 pm
Before everyone starts bitching (because I know its coming), take the 'just started the album' shit with a grain of salt.

When he talks of having "30 songs" before moving into the studio like he did for IMD, were talking stuff like the demos he played radio 1 months back- demos, not chocked full of ideas, just a base to build off of.

Im sure hes got plenty of ideas thrown together, but none of them close to a full track. We are getting nowhere near what we went through that dead space between FOTL and AONO.

Think before you whine.

CHILL OUT PLEASE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
thanks for interviews.

thank god they didn't remix Linkin Park.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:06 am
GruntGruntPosts: 77Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 pm
Just glad to hear some positive noises coming form the man himself :-D

As long as we are treated to some gigs in the event of the next album taking years to be finished i dont mind but i think it will see the light of day next year followed by another big arse tour. They need to strike whilst they are hot again as none of them are getting any younger and they will want to cash in on the fact that they have picked up a much younger following off the back of IMD.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
Wonder will it be similar RWTW or something completely different?
Interested in hearing this one!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
well this is nice!

i'm glad liam is back remixing others. such a great way to fill the gaps between albums. oasis, ian brown, jay-z, south central rework and now foo's. dvd/live album is coming out in may. they are in the studio starting work on the next record and they are doing some festivals this summer.

i'm happy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Good stuff!

On a related note my mate has just spent a few days with them at Snowbombing, will catch up with him this week but he posted this pic yesterday.. insanely jealous as i could of flown out but had work related stuff to do!!!

http://twitpic.com/4j6fso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am
Harbinger wrote:
8-) thanx

Foo's second single is rumoured to be Walk.

it is one of the bonus tracks from the itunes release and they did it on snl last weekend so i think...yes...good possibility

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Started reading Dave Grohl's Biography and it's got nice introduction, one paragraff off it :
Quote:
Twenty minutes later, we're all side-of-the stage for the headlining act, the Prodigy. Dave Grohl loves the Prodigy as much as he loves drummer jokes. To him they embody everything that he worships about adrenalised punk rock, despite their dance begginnings. A couple of years earlier, Grohl had witnessed the Prodigy play at Scotland's T in The Park festival. "That's one of Nirvana's songs they've sampled," he'd declared to local televsion personality Ewan Macleod. He went on to explain that they let the Prodigy use the sample of Nirvana's 'Very Ape' on the track 'Voodoo people' because "they're the best fucking rock 'n' roll band in the world, man. Better than Nirvana ever were.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
grohl on smbu

Quote:
He's confused by The Prodigy’s ‘Smack My Bitch Up’. “The song presents a weird ethical dilemma…I love the band so much I can't believe they'd mean it in anything but an ironic way.” (Kerrang!, 1997)