<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Maxim's Art

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
subtract wrote:
also look closer at the butterflies heads

They're all exactly the same ? Like just been pasted in ?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:19 am
Harbinger wrote:
subtract wrote:
also look closer at the butterflies heads

They're all exactly the same ? Like just been pasted in ?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

some have hats and axes.... not that it matters, if this wasnt maxim it probably would be in someone elses harddrive or in bin...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
theyre not bad designs, but not worth the price tag, but then I'd never pay that much for a plate, so I guess I'm not really the target audience.

Also, internationally recognised painter? since when? I think thats a slightly over exaggerated press release.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 735Location: PolandJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:08 pm
I think they are better priced than some of those posters or imd album book.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:53 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 34Location: GreeceJoined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 pm
subtract wrote:
...also look closer at the butterflies heads

Do you mean the white paint on the eyes area?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Everytimer wrote:
subtract wrote:
...also look closer at the butterflies heads

Do you mean the white paint on the eyes area?

They have different hats/faces

_

Can't really understand the hate on here for them, it's a piece of illustration/art... is Maxim not allowed to do that? or does everything
has to have guns and sirens on it now?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 735Location: PolandJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Ok I thought the prices are reasonable (or at least more reasonable than others) but now I noticed that while theres one platter design there are 3 different cups designs and 5 cake plates. And seeing that platter is double of cake plate price I guess that there you get just one cup/plate for the price. Make that 1000 pounds for whole set?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:00 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 1Location: UKJoined: Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 pm
internationally recognised painter my arse

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:56 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
"Can't really understand the hate on here for them, it's a piece of illustration/art... is Maxim not allowed to do that? or does everything
has to have guns and sirens on it now?"

No they have to have skulls and swords on them :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles ... gC-hFuwX9o

The Prodigy's Maxim (MC / vocalist) has just announced his debut art exhibition, which will take place at the I.N.C. Space in Covent Garden, London.

Here's a bit about what he's up to: "Under the alias MM, the artist presents LepidopTerror, a series of large-scale paintings to be displayed as part of a completely immersive sensory experience of sight, sound and scent. The exhibition, curated in a ‘room within a room’ will engage the viewer subliminally, through sight, sound and smell. Juxtaposed by the clinical brightness of the external space, this enclosing ‘cocoon’ will draw upon subtle such elements as darkness, warmth, and low frequency sound, which will be felt but not heard.

The new series of paintings by MM will see the traditional butterfly motif assume a unique and evocative significance. Butterflies, symbols of life, death, rebirth and reincarnation, have been incorporated into the work of some of history’s most celebrated artists, from Salvador Dali to Damien Hirst. MM’s butterflies, however, are rather more sinister – while from afar the viewer is struck by stunning hues and conventional winged beauty, on closer inspection the reality is one of armed creatures, with thoughts and actions uncertain and threatening."

The exhibition will take place from 15th - 26th September.

Read more: http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles ... gC-hFuwX9o#ixzz1PvVK5APv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
I'll give that a look 8-)

I shall be taking me nans crockery in the hope of getting them signed and selling for shitloads on ebay :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Interesting :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:56 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 191Location: Cheltenham, UKJoined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 am
Being a lover both of The Prodigy and art I'll check this out. Good to see they've been finding something to do inbetween not doing any UK shows and waiting for Liam to write new material :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2082Location: AlaskaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 pm
evans wrote:
http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/extra/the-prodigy-mc-launches-debut-art-exhibition#.TgC-hFuwX9o

The Prodigy's Maxim (MC / vocalist) has just announced his debut art exhibition, which will take place at the I.N.C. Space in Covent Garden, London.

Here's a bit about what he's up to: "Under the alias MM, the artist presents LepidopTerror, a series of large-scale paintings to be displayed as part of a completely immersive sensory experience of sight, sound and scent. The exhibition, curated in a ‘room within a room’ will engage the viewer subliminally, through sight, sound and smell. Juxtaposed by the clinical brightness of the external space, this enclosing ‘cocoon’ will draw upon subtle such elements as darkness, warmth, and low frequency sound, which will be felt but not heard.

The new series of paintings by MM will see the traditional butterfly motif assume a unique and evocative significance. Butterflies, symbols of life, death, rebirth and reincarnation, have been incorporated into the work of some of history’s most celebrated artists, from Salvador Dali to Damien Hirst. MM’s butterflies, however, are rather more sinister – while from afar the viewer is struck by stunning hues and conventional winged beauty, on closer inspection the reality is one of armed creatures, with thoughts and actions uncertain and threatening."

The exhibition will take place from 15th - 26th September.

Read more: http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles ... gC-hFuwX9o#ixzz1PvVK5APv

:?

so its gonna be like the Breathe music video hopefully....but moar budderflys

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:01 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1014Location: SpainJoined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 am
Maxim new post talking about his new art exhibition in London:

Quote:
Respect to all Romanian fans that came out last night! Its been over a month since we played our last gig so the buzz to get on that stage and show Romania we came to throw it down was strong! It was 2009 when we were there last and people came out to represent, true warriors!

The live show fuels us to get in the studio and so do the fans. All things are movin good on the studio front and watchin Glastonbury last week made me hungry to get back on stage with new tunes and to show people how its really done!

Oh on another note im putting on my first art exhibition in london. I thought it was about time i had the balls to let people see the shit i do in my spare time!!
If any 1 into art feel free to roll down and check it out!!

Peace
www.mm-gallery.com

http://theprodigy.com/latest-news/505-maxim-blog

Offline Profile WWW