<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Kasabian Vs The Prodigy Rocket Fuel 22nd April

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:06 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Was hoping for a Kasabian remix since 2010. Let's go!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:53 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
I also dreamed about their collaboration or remixes many times, especially since Kasabian repeatedly referred to TP as inspiration and they even made a cover of Out of Space a long time ago

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:45 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
https://recordstoreday.co.uk/rsd-list/kasabian/

Quote:
KASABIAN VS THE PRODIGY
ROCKET FUEL

RELEASE DATE: 22 APR 2023
FORMAT

LABEL
Columbia

MORE INFO
Exclusive never heard before Prodigy remix of Kasabian track "ROCKET FUEL" on 10" Black Vinyl. “Serge played me the demo a year or more ago and I mentioned to the dear chap I wanted to smash it the f**k up….That is how it came about… “ Liam Howlett (The Prodigy)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:03 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 103Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm
Hope we get to hear it before 22nd April!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:12 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm
Another remix........

Thats all it seems to be lately.
Don't want to be complaining but Where's the ruckas we've all been waiting for........I don't want remixes, re-hashes, reinterpretation and repeats.......I want something fresh,something new, something to kick me in the face.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:11 pm
derek wrote:
Another remix........

Thats all it seems to be lately.
Don't want to be complaining but Where's the ruckas we've all been waiting for........I don't want remixes, re-hashes, reinterpretation and repeats.......I want something fresh,something new, something to kick me in the face.

Another remix? The last one was Iggy Pop 'Lust For Life (The Prodigy Remix)' in 2017. Before that it was Plan B 'Ill Manors (The Prodigy Remix)' in 2012. Liam remixing other artists is a rarity.

A new album is due this year. Probably in the 2nd half of the year after the Summer festivals.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:16 pm
Andy c remix of firestarter
Mefjus remix of breathe
Breathe feat rza
Yes I know he rarely does remixes for other artists. And let's be honest none of tge remixes he's done are a patch on release yo'self.best remix ever of a song. I'm just anxious for new stuff. Hoping he goes a new direction. He seems locked into a style now ,I'm hoping he breaks out of it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:57 pm
derek wrote:
Andy c remix of firestarter
Mefjus remix of breathe
Breathe feat rza
Yes I know he rarely does remixes for other artists. And let's be honest none of tge remixes he's done are a patch on release yo'self.best remix ever of a song. I'm just anxious for new stuff. Hoping he goes a new direction. He seems locked into a style now ,I'm hoping he breaks out of it.

You can't lump Liam doing a remix of another artist in with another artist doing a remix of a Prodigy track.

The Prodigy could have ended after Keith died (if not before). I'm someone who is grateful that we are getting anything at all. Liam has said new music is coming. The remixes are bonuses. I'm happy to get them.

I doubt there will be any "new direction". Liam does what he does. It's worked out well for him so far. The difference this time is that you would assume there won't be any Keith vocals (unless there are some unused, pre death recorded vocals to use).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:07 pm
Your probably right, sound is locked in now. On the keith note, I always felt the tracks with him as lead vocals in it were the prodigy weakest tracks. Too much like a standard band. I long for more we eat rhythm, funky shit, smbu, instrumental type tracks. Heavy beats great breakdowns and buildups. I feel that it's too formulaic now. It's bad to say but with Keith gone I hope the standard band restraints are off and he can experiment with a different angle

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:27 am
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
derek wrote:
On the keith note, I always felt the tracks with him as lead vocals in it were the prodigy weakest tracks. Too much like a standard band. I long for more we eat rhythm, funky shit, smbu, instrumental type tracks.

I feel the same way but when I said this to someone people looked at me like I was an idiot...very unpopular opinion but I think so too

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Arsendis wrote:
derek wrote:
On the keith note, I always felt the tracks with him as lead vocals in it were the prodigy weakest tracks. Too much like a standard band. I long for more we eat rhythm, funky shit, smbu, instrumental type tracks.

I feel the same way but when I said this to someone people looked at me like I was an idiot...very unpopular opinion but I think so too

I feel the same since late 90s!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:28 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
if you expect the prodigy to sound like the 1990s then I suggest investing in a time machine, artists move forward and progress.
I never expected to see prodigy perform live again and that was probably my most enjoyable time seeing them.
we have all the great music liam has written, but it was a reflection of who the man was at the time, not the person he is now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:06 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
if you expect the prodigy to sound like the 1990s then I suggest investing in a time machine, artists move forward and progress.
I never expected to see prodigy perform live again and that was probably my most enjoyable time seeing them.
we have all the great music liam has written, but it was a reflection of who the man was at the time, not the person he is now.

Liam has not progressed at all since 2009. The last 3 albums has pretty much been the same, but they get weaker and weaker. TMMTH, GYFO and We Live Forever, 3 tracks from different albums, uses same beats and bass line. Liam has lost his magic in producing, in my opinion. I hope the style changes, and I would even prefer an AONO sounding album next time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:54 am
A1. Rocket Fuel
B1. Rocket Fuel (Prodigy remix)

https://tower.jp/item/5667139/Rocket-Fu ... digy-Remix)%EF%BC%9CRECORD-STORE-DAY%E5%AF%BE%E8%B1%A1%E5%95%86%E5%93%81%EF%BC%9E

Offline Profile