<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Liam & D.O.G (Dogz Or Godz)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
whereElse wrote:
evans wrote:
Anyone else think it sounds like Liam at 2.48 - 3.06 :lol:

i do!

HAHAHA, Brainkiller revealed you Liam :D

That would be :rofl1:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
why liam would wanna put anything to a shitty back street boys cover ive no idea cheesy aint the word i mean c'mon the songs terrible but to do a cover of it oh dear

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:52 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
lol Backstreet Boys...

This is a cover of a tune by Blackstreet...

a VERY different band :lol:

the original was produced by Dr. Dre.. of whom, Liam is a big fan.

here's the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KL9mRus19o&ob=av2e

errare humanum est etc.. etc.. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
lol Backstreet Boys...

This is a cover of a tune by Blackstreet...

a VERY different band :lol:

the original was produced by Dr. Dre.. of whom, Liam is a big fan.

here's the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KL9mRus19o&ob=av2e

errare humanum est etc.. etc.. :wink:

So wrong. The original is most definitely this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxjNauWYFfc

Sure, the lyrics are by Blackstreet, but the entire track is entirely built on this much older song. Hiphop, 'nowha'msayin'.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
That track has always been dope. And the cover is not bad at all. Its a bit exhausting, but its not bad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:10 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
The original is most definitely this track:

Nah, it doesnt make much sense to refer to that as the original tune.. but original sample source, yep.

No Diggity samples the first few seconds of Grandma's Hands.. and just ignores the rest of the tune. It doesnt take song structure or drums, or key, or any lyrics from Grandma's Hands.. or even the extra piano sounds here and there. but i'll make my point in a weirder way...

when a band covers Blackstreet's No Diggity... they dont end up doing a cover of Bill Grahams's Grandma's Hands.
but when a band covers The Prodigy's Phoenix.. they actually end up doing a cover of Shocking Blue's Love Buzz :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:39 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
I like it when someone credits the original source. I know, Prodigy doesn't half of the time, but they truly make their own version of a track with samples. Going as far as pulling samples out their own context and give it new personality (World's on Fire!). Hiphop-style is just to loop that sample the entire track without making it sound unique or actually doing something with it, just a loop with a beat and some rap over it, most of the time a big group of buddies given the turn to speak in rhythm and rhyme (terrible 'slang' lyrics even, most of the time). Definitely not my style, might even call it laziness.

Anyway, yeah. What's it have to do with this topic? No idea. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
dirt wrote:
why liam would wanna put anything to a shitty back street boys cover ive no idea cheesy aint the word i mean c'mon the songs terrible but to do a cover of it oh dear

sorry im getting myself confused here blackstreet / backstreet boys lol still dont see why liam would wanna be part of the cover tho if hes a fan of it then why npt leave it alone

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:16 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 194Location: USAJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 pm
dirt wrote:
dirt wrote:

sorry im getting myself confused here blackstreet / backstreet boys lol still dont see why liam would wanna be part of the cover tho if hes a fan of it then why npt leave it alone

Im sure its more than just being a fan of the track, Liam has got to have some link to these guys that did the cover/remake.

And can deffo hear some of those Liam emphasis bits in here. More like FX here and there, guitar sounds too.

Blackstreet (before backstreet...) was big here in the USA 15 years back- No Diggity was the first single I bought on CD! Thinking I was around 14 at the time. This dosent surpass the original but its been given a bit of a punk edge.

hate the distortion on the vox, tho.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm
dUFE wrote:
Im sure its more than just being a fan of the track, Liam has got to have some link to these guys that did the cover/remake.

He has. K-Gee was a big part in the All Saints history. Check out Karl Gordon on the bmi site.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?bln ... ype=WorkID

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
sounds poor

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:41 pm
Quote:
The Howling are a London based rock band produced by the one and only Liam Howlett of the Prodigy. Yep, The Prodigy.

apparently, although can't find any real conformation :?: :?: :?: :?:

http://www.facebook.com/thehowlingofficial

Last edited by Harbinger on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Interesting :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Not sure if this is the case. Saw the info here http://www.dub-step.co/dubstep/the-howl ... text-remix
but can't find any proof.

Offline Profile