<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - Radio 1 (Friday Morning)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Warning wrote:
Nuno wrote:
best part of the interview is when he says that for each album they record about 20 tracks.... right......... one single b-side on IMD era, u fucking prick. :lol:

Technically we got 5 b-sides with the 4 from Lost Beats he just didn't make us have to buy all the singles to get them all.

But if you heard he mentioned going back to releasing singles before the album comes out. Here's hoping for some actual cd singles with more then one tune on them. Even if they put some of the high quality live tracks as extras on them it would be great. I loved the Breathe single because of those. But just all remixes gets boring if there all the same track on a cd mix it up a little. Which also reminds me that I wished they had mixed up the order of the tracks on the bonus IMD disc instead of it just being a straight order the singles came out 4 or 5 remixes of the same tune in a row.

We'll be lucky to get any actual CD singles. Does anyone release CD singles any more? It's all digital releases these days. People wanting all the tracks on CD will probably have to hunt down a Promo CD and pay the premium that involves.

Vinyl only release? Everyone else is doing it these days...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:47 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 581Location: Philly, USAJoined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:36 am
I know its a dieing thing but if they just made a limited edition of them for sale on their website they'd easily sale out of all the copies. Fuck digital download :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:49 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I would never buy their singles on Itunes. Love cd's and vinyls, but mostly cd's, because they are easy to rip and throw on a mp3 player. Hopefully, people gets tired of Itunes, because it's shit simply, and cd's make their way back...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:54 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 460Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm
vinyl is hot. and even though people say it is.. it's not dead at all ! I don't know about the other countries (apart from the uk, vinyl never died there) but last week i was in one of the most popular record stores in Belgium and they finally enlarged their vinyl section. really happy 'bout that.

They may never forget to release everything on vinyl and make sure I can buy it at the record stores in belgium. I'm not a fan of online shopping. I want to see and touch it before I buy it. the oldskool way

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
Warning wrote:
Nuno wrote:
best part of the interview is when he says that for each album they record about 20 tracks.... right......... one single b-side on IMD era, u fucking prick. :lol:

Technically we got 5 b-sides with the 4 from Lost Beats he just didn't make us have to buy all the singles to get them all.

But if you heard he mentioned going back to releasing singles before the album comes out. Here's hoping for some actual cd singles with more then one tune on them. Even if they put some of the high quality live tracks as extras on them it would be great. I loved the Breathe single because of those. But just all remixes gets boring if there all the same track on a cd mix it up a little. Which also reminds me that I wished they had mixed up the order of the tracks on the bonus IMD disc instead of it just being a straight order the singles came out 4 or 5 remixes of the same tune in a row.

I agree Warning......I agree just makes too much sense! Also seems like he will master the album tracks an put all the others off as "demos" or "unfinished"