<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  plan B - Ill manors prodigy remix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
wtf happened with the previous plan b topic?

p.s. hey good to c u warrior :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:05 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Hmmm, no idea what happened to it :?:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Strange, all I know is there was an orange man around, then the topic dissappeared :lol:

http://www.brainkiller.it/public/forum/ ... c&start=75

Hey Warrior Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:24 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Strange, all I know is there was an orange man around, then the topic dissappeared :lol:

http://www.brainkiller.it/public/forum/ ... c&start=75

Hey Warrior Image

Yeah, I'm cleaning LOADS of shit up on the forums, just deleted 1000+ 'members'... fixing loads of small stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
hello chaps :wink:

oh didnt see the other one, thought it woulda been on the 1st page

i reckon its pretty mad, even though its pretty much dead on the original but with a couple extra synths and huge production, hopefully it inspires some cool shit on the new record in terms of production/dynamics, i think liam gets competitive with the new generation of producers and the end result is a better record..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Not one of the best of Prodigy remixes, but good one.

I hope for instrumental because I hate songs which have vocals with this type of accent.

Btw, if somebody have link to HQ version please send me PM. (not that one where I must register). THX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:13 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
The accent is quite ...... something you need to get used to indeed, but the rest of the track sounds great to me :thumbsup:

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:28 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Think the negativity towards this 'edit' is a bit uncalled for, its nothing to write home about but people let their expectations get too high. liams not gonna be pouring all his creativity into someone elses track for a remix while hes trying to get his own album done. Its basically just Liam sticking his head up above the parapet to remind the general public the prodigy are here. that said the production on it sounds sharp and it kicks harder than the original version.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
^ agreed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Guest01 wrote:
I hope for instrumental because I hate songs which have vocals with this type of accent.

If he had an an American accent, no doubt he'd be talking about his dick and hoes more. :wink:

I think it's perfect for this type of song, it's a good representation of the UK nowadays; the riots in many cities in the UK last summer, 'don't fuck with us' feral street kids, general disregard of any authority.

No doubt an instrumental will drop soon though..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Gritty.

It's not blowing me away but as for remixes Liam's done, it's pretty bog standard.

Now where's that fuckin Kasabian remix?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
did you guys noticed around the 51 and 58 second mark there's a sample from diesel power? and it's repeating in the song.it's half a second

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 460Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm
I've been listening to it a few days now and indeed, it's not bad at all. It's just bad in Prodigy terms. Liam could've done much more with this.

Stuie wrote:
Now where's that fuckin Kasabian remix?

Kasabian remix? did I miss something? The Prodigy + Kasabian, oh my!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
yeah liam likes kasabian and he wanted to make a remix few years ago when they were releasing "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum"

you can read about it in this article http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30 ... wscan2.jpg

i wonder why it never happen