<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  DJ Mag Best of British 2012 Awards - Liam is nominated !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
It's better to release 5 great albums in 22 years than 10-15 or more shitty albums in 22 years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am
Nightmare wrote:
It's better to release 5 great albums in 22 years than 10-15 or more shitty albums in 22 years.

amen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
bokorugro wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

amen

It's still lazy, and AONO was a dissapointment for almost everyone. I know Liam could have made a good album in 2000, 2002, 2007 and 2011 if he wanted to. He did Experience in 1992, which was massive, in 1994 MFTJG came, and it was just as great, some people say more. The 2 best ones came in 3 years work, and since, it's just got lazier and lazier

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 pm
Dissapointment? Spitfire, Girls, Hotride, Wake Up Call, You'll Be Under My Wheels, Medusa's Path + More Girls - awesome tracks ;) Memphis Bells maybe also should be added to this list.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Dissapointment? Spitfire, Girls, Hotride, Wake Up Call, You'll Be Under My Wheels, Medusa's Path + More Girls - awesome tracks ;) Memphis Bells maybe also should be added to this list.

I remember when the album came out, people where angry and dissapointed. I think it's an okay album, but it's definitly not a masterpiece. The album version of spitfire is pretty boring, compared to the 05 mix. Girls is great. Memphis bells okay, the rest goes from good to bad. Shoot down is unbelievable bad in my opinion. Rest of the album has weak beats, don't sound much like The Prodigy. More girls isn't in the standard album, it doesn't count. IMD was an improvement, a big one indeed

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
what are you debating here??

this award is bit confusing and it's just a Dj mag award.

not even any life time award or smth.

even if he's post 2000 stuff are total shitt, first three albums where total gamechangers around the world, so nothing to discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 pm
Elsewhere wrote:

even if he's post 2000 stuff are total shitt, first three albums where total gamechangers around the world, so nothing to discuss.

We are debating why a group which has released 5 albums in 22 years, deserves to win an award for outstanding contribution. The forums is for debating, yeah? If it's only for ass lickin', tell me, and I'll delete my account.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
whos ass licking? it's common sense that one album can't ruin whole decade worth of domination. and who sayd this forum isn't for debating, all i sayd was that but this award is just so random. bad subject to start this kind of discussion.

it was bit harsh approach from me, but you think fact that they have released 5 albums is not enough in 22 years period?
Liam have admitted himself he wrote much faster when he was younger, and that's normal i guess. atleast they released 3 amazing albums in quite short period. look at electronic artists nowdays, you can hardly see full albums around, there are just EP's everywhere.

even if AONO wasn't as great as period ones, it was still very different from other albums around then and i think it was strong-average.

i just think it's unquestionable that theyr contribution does't deserve nomination even if 6. album won't pass bar of MFTJG or FOTL.

i always choose quality over quantity.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 574Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Trawizz wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:

We are debating why a group which has released 5 albums in 22 years, deserves to win an award for outstanding contribution. The forums is for debating, yeah? If it's only for ass lickin', tell me, and I'll delete my account.

You don't get it, do you?
An outstanding contribution doesn't neccesarily mean high quantity, not at all, it's the quality that matters. Even if they only released 1 album of exceptional quality it would still be an outstanding contribution to the electronic genre. Experience and MTFJG were both easily ahead of their time, that alone makes Liam eligible to be nominated.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Never said that AONO ruins anything, just think that their contribution from 1997 to 2012 is poor. It's tough to be a hardcore fan, waiting all these years. When they came back in 2004 til 2012, Liam has written about 50 tracks, which include Liams remixes and updates, that's like 6 songs each year... That's lazy if you ask me.

Try look Deadmau5's complete discography from 2006 til now, even though you love or hate him.Yes, I'm aware it doesn't sound like The Prodigy, but he contributes, he really gives a lot of tracks away all the time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:01 pm
Trawizz wrote:
It doesn't sound like The Prodigy

And this is the answer.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:06 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
AONO is so underrated. i fucking love that album. i think it's way better than IMD. the disadvantage of Aono is a lot of tracks there don't work live whereas IMD does just that.

saying another artist has released shitloads of material is no argument. quality over quantity man, there's no better way to say it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 pm
We are going offtopic a little bit ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Came out of the underground with the first proper rave album.

Re-invented their sound on every other album since.

Has been a massive influence on pretty much everyone in the electronic music scene.

Pretty outstanding contribution in my eyes and that's just a few reasons.

He should win this and most likely will.

Let's not debate here who liked/disliked what album and why.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Trawizz, DJ Magazine's "Outstanding Contribution" category choices to vote for are: -
Altern-8
Danny Rampling
Liam Howlett
Sasha
Andrew Weatherall

In your opinion, which of those do you think deserves the award more than Liam?

As an aside, I'm a fan of Altern-8 but I think it's a joke that they are on that "Outstanding Contribution" list.

Offline Profile