<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy Fanboy to Interview The Prodigy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
G'day all.

I will be interviewing The Prodigy this week via email. I'm hoping to send the questions in the next 48 hours or so. As they'll be answering at end of the week. I have to ask a few Australian Tour questions since Fanboy is Aussie based. I've been asked to do 8 to 10 questions.

I've got a few questions I've come up with. Let me know what you think, I will change and also post your questions. We'll get the best ones and then I'll send them through.

You guys just wrapped up the Australian Tour. How was your experience down here, What were your highlights?

How did the Azealia Banks collab on stage with Keith during Firestarter come about, what did you think of the outcome? I personally think it was massive and intense!

Australians got their first taste of Jetfighter & AWOL. Jetfighter sounds amazing! Really dig it. AWOL was later removed from the set list during the tour. Is this because the set list is becoming too long or have you decided to put the track away…?

Some fans who attended Milton Keynes gig are saying the Future Music Festival Sydney gig right up there, do you feel the same?

What is the update on Dogbite and The Day?

How many pieces of music are you currently working on, is the new album nearing completion?

At Milton Keynes, what was the reason behind not having any Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned tracks on the set?

**EDIT

I have also posted this on Facebook here. Checkout other questions: http://www.facebook.com/theprodigyfanboy/posts/521576311214055

Also, maybe we shall ask a question about Added Fat EP? Why there was only remixes and no unreleased tracks?

Last edited by TheProdigyFanboy.com on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Question 1: Why no new tunes in Australia? Why the prodigy lying to us?

Question 2: What about second version of Awol which was played once in Bratislave last year? We will hear it again? This track had the potential.

Question 3: Why there is no World's On Fire, Poison, Mindfields, Diesel Power, No Good and Charly on World's On Fire Live Album?

Question 4: Why no changes in the tracklist? The Prodigy with awesome old track, so rich discography and the tracklist is still the same for over four years... It's predictable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
What a shame its via email, now u dont have to chance to do a proper interview. Lets hope they'll be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Nice one D 8-)

No point asking about Added Fat or Milton Keynes imo.

1. Martin James mentioned another book, is this still going ahead and if so, when are we likely to see it?

2. Can we have some older unreleased tracks posted onto soundcloud/website/facebook please?

Last edited by Harbinger on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
My question: Will the new album have a big impact on the way they do live shows? Do they want to evolve on stage through new tracks or stick to the current formula?

Last edited by Agent Orange on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
well done mate!! ;) great news for you & us!

my question that comes straight on ma mind right now is

if they are about to release any unreleased stuff of them especially from 90s era

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
- There's tons of cool unreleased stuff: Heat Wave, Trigger, Nuclear, Dead Ken Beats, Wake Up Call Full Vocal version with Kool Keith.. how about a little EP of unreleased tunes, rarities + the best remixes to feed the fans in between albums?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Nice work having a chance for interview!

1. Can we hope isolated Single to be released any time soon?

2. What is the reason for early presentation of Dogbite, AWOL, Jetfighter. Are those for refreshing setlist or do they have space on new album.

3. Are core tracks of the new album written and can we hear those live any time soon?

+ i would have few suggestions about questions you have in mind :

* I would not advise to ask about state of the record :?

It feels like question to ask, it does, but i'm 99% sure we won't get an adequite answer. It would be like : .. right now we are at the studio, recording some of the stuff... at the same time writing some new tunes....

I would suggest ask something like i marked with nr 3, for me it feels bit more pulletproof.

* questions about Milton Keynes..

maybe it's just my opinion, but this ship is sailed, not worth spending a question.

* also don't spend question asking if we are going to get old tracks to release in some day or putting up to some webpage. This have been asked so many times in history. As much i want this to happen, guys, it's not going to happen... not with Liam.

Last edited by Elsewhere on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 644Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 am
Mate when you posted that on facebook I assumed you meant an actual confrontation interview with them right in front of you but since it's emails heres my question:

Liam you look like you're doing a lot on stage but all we hear is a bunch of out of time/out of tune keyboards played over the pre-recorded track. how much of the actual music are you performing?

**Yeah I saw that old response he made to a forum poster years back... maybe he was triggering samples at the time of that quote but it's obvious he isn't doing much now**

Nightmare wrote:
Question 3: Why there is no World's On Fire, Poison, Mindfields, Diesel Power, No Good and Charly on World's On Fire Live Album?

Now THIS is a question that has gone unanswered for too long.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:12 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
question: liam, why don't you log in to fucking brainkiller forum already and fucking explain yourself to the 21 moaning goofs who clearly represent the majority of prodigy fans? those nutjobs over there demand some answers!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
I think we should have a contest to predict the answers if questions are set.
that would be fun.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
TheProdigyFanboy wrote:
How many pieces of music are you currently working on, is the new album nearing completion?

ask for a percentage... or else you will get the "soon" answer or it will be ready when it is :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
TheProdigyFanboy wrote:
Australians got their first taste of Jetfighter & AWOL. Jetfighter sounds amazing! Really dig it. AWOL was later removed from the set list during the tour. Is this because the set list is becoming too long or have you decided to put the track away…?

Don't even dare to imply to them the setlist is perceives as being too long. They will cut it,and as usual the new tracks will be sacrificed.

[quote=''Kingdom'']question: liam, why don't you log in to fucking brainkiller forum already and fucking explain yourself to the 21 moaning goofs who clearly represent the majority of prodigy fans? those nutjobs over there demand some answers![/quote]

Get off your high horse already. We have every right to ask these questions. It's the same setlist ffs being played for the last 4 years in a proportion of 90% and 70% in the last 7 years, with new tracks being constantly promised and never delivered. And guess what, in general music forums are populated by nutjobs, not the majority of fans who only remember prodigy when they hear a tune in the club or they go to a show once in 6 years at a festival

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:33 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 644Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 am
Kingdom wrote:
question: liam, why don't you log in to fucking brainkiller forum already and fucking explain yourself to the 21 moaning goofs who clearly represent the majority of prodigy fans? those nutjobs over there demand some answers!

In response to the WOF DVD question:

"IT WAS THE RECORD LABELS DECISION DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? ,,, WE WANT PEEPS TO COME SEE DA WHOLE SHOW SO WE LEFT SUM OUT ,,, xxxxxx master h xxxx"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: Iceland, HofnJoined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:23 am
What was the date of your first gig and wich 8 tracks got played :wink: