<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy Fanboy to Interview The Prodigy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:04 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Sorry to ask, but why didn't you ask about the whole AONO-demo album, instead of just Memphis Bells? I'm sure he has that lying around somewhere. Well, No Souvernirs still exist on his lap, or else he would have said it was deleted. Please tell me, how to steal Liam's computers!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
It has made me curious to see if the new tracks can move forward for the album, lot of work I'd say.

MJ book was quite a long time back and Liam can't remember that far. Was def one for St8ofBass :? :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
Oh well...

ALBUM COMING OUT IN EARLY 2015 folks! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Trawizz wrote:
Sorry to ask, but why didn't you ask about the whole AONO-demo album, instead of just Memphis Bells? I'm sure he has that lying around somewhere. Well, No Souvernirs still exist on his lap, or else he would have said it was deleted. Please tell me, how to steal Liam's computers!

yeah i hear ya, i'd rather hear the demos of Trigger or Nuclear over Memphis Bells. i think Liam uploading Memphis Bells will end up like all the other promises anyway. so not really expecting much. though i'd love him to prove me wrong. i rather have Thunder Dub studio mix than Memphis Bells demo, but that's just me. give me Little Goblin or Gun Reprise in studio quality, even if it's a frigging two minute jam.

i felt the book from Martin James question was a waste. of course Liam wouldn't know much since he's not writing it. we only got 10 questions to ask, i wouldn't have gone with that one and asked something a little more interesting.

it's cool someone was able to actually get in touch and get a response from Liam. but after this interview, i really feel like we learned NOTHING at all. we're in the same exact spot we were before. maybe we didn't ask the right questions and go deep enough.

the only real interesting tidbit was Heatwave Hurricane being reworked. but still could go into the scrapheap of broken dreams. besides that, we got no solid info whatsoever about the new album or the current writing process.

Dead Ken Beats as a b-side on the new material... i'd love if that was actually gonna happen. but again, i don't count on it because didn't he say the same exact thing was going to happen on one of the IMD singles?

i would have liked to learn more about the full vocal version of Wake Up Call. if the beats and music were different or just simply vocals laid over it.

and i wanna know exactly why No Souvenirs can't simply be uploaded online. i need a better excuse, Liam. i mean it was only the basis of the whole opening of their own frigging biography and about it being the next incarnation of the band. feels kinda disrespectful to do that after you cockteased and built it up to your fans so much. then to be like, nah sorry you're never gonna hear it. lost points in my book for that. this day in age with music and the internet, there's no need for this kinda behavior.

and this interview pretty much confirms no album this year.
Liams tone and lack of info, i don't think much of anything solid has been writing to be honest. i dunno, just something's off with the bands vibe to me. if there was something there, we would be hearing saying how they got awesome and fresh ideas coming together. but it's always the same bland response.

i would have got it through to Liam that they should be using their Soundcloud for the good, sharing demos and unheard ideas with the fans. we wouldn't have this much cynicism with the new music if they threw us a demo here and there. i think it would help alleviate a lot of the pressure with fans bothering them about when the new album is coming.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
no reason to hope too much from this kind of interview. even if we get the questions perfectly lined up, they won't speak if it's not time yet, time to get things public.

bet they haven't got much finished tracks to talk about. lots of loose ends.
at least they are together, perfoming, keeping energy alive.

if they still have it or not, we will hear soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:30 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Quote:
i felt the book from Martin James question was a waste. of course Liam wouldn't know much since he's not writing it. we only got 10 questions to ask, i wouldn't have gone with that one and asked something a little more interesting.

and i wanna know exactly why No Souvenirs can't simply be uploaded online. i need a better excuse, Liam. i mean it was only the basis of the whole opening of their own frigging biography and about it being the next incarnation of the band. feels kinda disrespectful to do that after you cockteased and built it up to your fans so much. then to be like, nah sorry you're never gonna hear it. lost points in my book for that. this day in age with music and the internet, there's no need for this kinda behavior.

i would have got it through to Liam that they should be using their Soundcloud for the good, sharing demos and unheard ideas with the fans. we wouldn't have this much cynicism with the new music if they threw us a demo here and there. i think it would help alleviate a lot of the pressure with fans bothering them about when the new album is coming.

I told ya' about that book question, I said it was a bad idea.

I feel the same way about No Souvenirs, it is to piss on the fans, not giving us that one just as a mp3 file. He should have kept his mouth shut about it, at the time.

The thing is, I myself collect shitloads of their stuff, and even has like 8 versions of IMD, because they kept on re-releasing it with bonus shit, but in return, you really get nothing. Okay, Lost Beats EP wasn't their best (even though it growed on me), but they could have throwed in another 10 lost beats / unreleased tracks. Liam is arrogant and an ignorant for the fans, sorry to say. A bit off topic now, sorry...

I hate being negative, but I think most of the Prodigyfanboys questions sucked, and was wasted. You laid it out here, asking us about opinion, before posting the questions to Liam, but still you really didn't change your questions at all, even though people gave you ideas, so why ask us in the first place? Personally, I don't care about Martin James books, Azelia Banks, what they think of Aussie, why they didn't play AONO tracks live. Cheers, from Mr. Grumpy in the morning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:02 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Thanks to everyones help and wonderful comments.

Regarding the issues. I had to ask questions regarding the Aussie tour n' all because Fanboy is Aussie based. I did do the Aussie tour as well. The only reason I met and made contacts with everyone is because the band and management visit Fanboy and know I'm Aussie based. When the Aussie tour came up, I chased and tried my best to get things done for us the fans. So anyway, had to do the Aussie questions. Regarding changing questions, I had a deadline with management to get them in. So I had time to do the one change up. Not to worry tho all, I'll try my best to get another interview in six months time.

Hopefully Liam will follow up with the emailing of the demo. If not, I'll ask again for it in time.

Off topic: I've got another thing coming up for the fans. An awesome prize to give away from the band, which also signed. One off. Not sure when I'll be putting it up however will let you all know.

Also guys, if you want Liam, the boys or management to see your comments. Post them on the interview post. Management has already had a look at it, others will follow today or whatever.. They will be checking again for my Sydney review and prize giveaway. What I'll also do it, add this topic the News Post later today when I get home.

Last edited by TheProdigyFanboy.com on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Quote:
D K BEAT WILL DEFO BE A B-SIDE ON NEW MATERIAL

:lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:19 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 378Location: RussiaJoined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:41 am
I feel somewhat disappointed. Of course it's nice to hear that we still have a little chance to hear Heatwave or Dead Ken in their studio incarnations, but it seems that Liam doesn't really give a shit. his answers are very - is it the word? - forced. no sign of enthusiasm or inspiration.
all this YO PEPLE ILL GIVE SOME OLD STUFF I WAS PROMISING YOU SINCE 2004 IF CAN FIND IT YOU KNOW MAYBE NEXT YEAR OR SUMTHN XX MASTER H shit is really annoying.

guess where's Liam.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:26 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 644Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 am
Liam isn't retarded .. he can type properly.

Don't get your hopes up about a DK beats b-side either, he said that about one of the IMD singles too. Fuck knows, maybe he laughs about messing with the fans

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
im starting to believe its better not to read interviews at all, we all get our expectations high about the stuff he says hes gonna do, upload, whatever and we all know the end result. it will be ready when it is, which means first quarter 2015, no joking.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:30 pm
DK beats was probably gonna end up on the canceled Thunder single, alongside the Tiga mix.

At least we still got Mescaline and Comanche.. wich are better tunes than DKb.

Last edited by Blacklabel on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:12 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
Blacklabel wrote:
At least we still got Mescaline and Comanche.. wich are better tunes than DKb.

agreed. DK is pretty overrated.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:19 pm
I quite like DKB... but it doesnt throw any shade on the Trick or Diesel Power.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 169Location: U.K.Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:42 pm
Have some faith people.... I feel as we might get something special for this new album. Special just takes time. :P

I think we all knew that the likes of AWOL, Jetfighter, Dogbite are nowhere near finished. They will probably sound different to there current state IF they appear on new album. And That's a BIG IF! I hope they do end up as something different.

I dunno??? I feel like, if I were Liam, and after years of being asked the same shit over n over again about old, unreleased demos n shit... I would eventually put some of it up on site or whatever. (When I've got a shit load of time to myself after The Prodigy are over) Maybe not now, gotta album to create. haha. But in the future for the fans. doyouknowwhatimean?

I got this feeling like we gonna hear something soon.... dunno?? I can feel it! something outta nowhere!! Bang! A completely new tune! It would be cool, yes. But I think Liam likes to tease youknow.... He knows the fans are on edge, waiting for something.... Lets face it, if you would have asked him ... Give us a date or month when the new album is out. He would never answer that. Unless the new album band wagon and all the shit that goes with it promotions etc etc are due and ready to let the news out. The new album is coming out this year 2013, mark my words. I don't doubt it.

I feel as though he's keeping something special away from us, then BANG! the new track drops, then the new album! We aint heard nothing yet. Stuff like Jetfighter, Dogbite ,AWOL, The Day are just scraps (Yes I said scraps) for fans to get excited about or maybe not... (Those that know better anyway) haha.

lets face it ... this year we also got another heavyweight dance outfit ready to drop some bombs and a new album .... DAFTPUNK!! Daftpunk were voted second to The Prodigy as best all time dance artists. I know a lot of Daftpunk fans were pissed that Prodigy pipped um to the number one spot. How can that happen!!?? It annoyed a lot of folks. What I'm getting at here is ... Liam knows this... (Some BIG competition this year) So something extra special better be coming out this year, hes just taking care of the tracks that can make the ultimate statement for them.

Ohh and for the record, I like Daftpunk too. And It didn't annoy me. The Prodigy deserved it. Just...
:P

Offline Profile