<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy Fanboy email interview Maxim DJ.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
as far as the songwriting goes for the new the prodigy album, how does it work with you liam and keith? do you do stuff on your own and then come together, or how does it work?

have you heard the theory where they think a woman's uterus contracts to the sound of a heavy bass. has liam heard that one?

how did the approach to writing "how to steal a jetfighter" differ to any of the previous the prodigy records?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
untitled6 wrote:
how did the approach to writing "how to steal a jetfighter" differ to any of the previous the prodigy records?

invalid question, the album isnt written at all.

i would ask him about the solo stuff and the stuff that he produced for other bands.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:01 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Nightmare wrote:
During the interview at Future Music Festival You said "the setlist changes from day to day, from gig to gig. Always keeping it fresh, always putting new tunes" Where are these changes? Always putting new tunes? Where are these new tunes? For over five years The Prodigy fans hear the same setlist. Setlist is predictable, Your freestyle is more like scripted text. Gigs are predictable.

What do you want to achieve by saying the bitter truth aloud? Try to work more on the question, if you really want Fanboy to use it, now it's too direct. The question about Youtube shouldn't be changed that much though, it was almost ok. But the answer would probably stay the same anyway...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
You not convinced me sado ;) I do not want to be rude for the band but this is the true ;)

My new question:

Have You ever considered to create a cover for The Prodigy album or single? Can we expect single cover for upcoming How To Steal A Jetfighter era made by Maxim?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
I don't see how being rude (is it rude at all?) isn't professional? Being critical is being professional. If Maxim says they change the setlist day by day a good interviewer would ask: "Let's take a look at the setlists from the past five years. How is that changing the setlist day by day?" Now, that's a good question.

Don't take this the wrong way. I like the fact that you manage to do these interviews. But being a little critical wouldn't be wrong at all. Good luck ;-).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Yeah, not sure if it's good enough, but your take on Nightmare's question seems far better to me. Critical tone instead of accusative tone, which is nice. Also, new question by Nightmare is cool... I'd love to see his artwork on the cover, I suspect he'll say "naaah" though :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Maxim is confirmed to perform in Berlin. So; we can skip that question.

http://www.berlinfestival.de/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:23 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 335Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 pm
How do you stay in shape? How many years will you be able to perform this intense you think?

How is it to work with Liam? Is he allowing you to criticize new prodigy material? Do you ever suggest ideas or changes in the Prodigy musically?

What are your ambitions with your own music? Do you still produce a lot? You think you'll release a new Maxim cd again in the future?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Where did this whole idea come from to make DJ project?

How much work have you put into practicing DJing for this project?

Is your music taste more similar to contemporary electronic music when
back in the 90s? If so then why?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
How did you hook up with Cianna Blaze and will she be a regular part of your DJ shows? Will there be any possible collaboration tracks in the future?

Brillz mentioned you and he worked on a track together, will this be getting released?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:21 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Boudewijn wrote:
Maxim is confirmed to perform in Berlin. So; we can skip that question.

http://www.berlinfestival.de/

Cool, since Maxim seems to be quite good at this, I might actually go there

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Twitter

Quote:
simon ‏@psygnosis666

@maxim any plans for another solo album ?

Maxim ‏@maxim

@psygnosis666 nah ova that 1!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:08 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Just an update guys. I did email the questions through about a day ago. Some good ones in there. Maxim told me he'd answer them that night. Haven't heard anything since but I'm sure he'll get back to me soon.

Anyhow, we did interview Caspa in the mean time as well. It's on the site.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
TheProdigyFanboy wrote:
Just an update guys. I did email the questions through about a day ago. Some good ones in there. Maxim told me he'd answer them that night. Haven't heard anything since but I'm sure he'll get back to me soon.

I hope Maxim wasn't offended by some of the questions put forward by BKers? ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Antz wrote:
TheProdigyFanboy wrote:

I hope Maxim wasn't offended by some of the questions put forward by BKers? ;)

Haha. Nope. I slightly changed anything that wasn't really professional you know.

Ps, if theres someone or a band you want me to try and score an interview with. Let me know. I'll give it a go, can only try. I've sent emails to everyone involved in remixes for Added Fat. Got denied by Zeds Dead which was kinda weird because I did meet these guys in person and even drove in the same car to venues... but somehow scored Caspa. Weird. But yeah, can only give it a go!

Offline Profile