<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  XFM interview with Eddy Temple Morris 21-03-14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Antz wrote:
ChemicaL wrote:
I hope he binned everything. Its been unbearable shit so far.
Must admit, I'd rather a shit album than wait any longer!

Totally agree, dont wanna see these tracks binned like Nuclear and Trigger.
Albums should be a time capture, not take 6 years to make. His perfectionism is a obsession, which got worst as he got older.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
just got a response from Eddy about the WOF playthrough on facebook:

Eddy Temple Morris: "there was a playout glitch on the Worlds On Fire playback and 20 mins of last weeks show went out, still don't know how that happened"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
UN wrote:
Antz wrote:
ChemicaL wrote:

Albums should be a time capture, not take 6 years to make. His perfectionism is a obsession, which got worst as he got older.

I'd rather take a shit than get this album as soon as possible. If I could wait for AONO, I could wait some more for a decent record. Easy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
UN wrote:
Antz wrote:
ChemicaL wrote:

He should keep himself busy - right soundtracks, produce - that's you can get inspiration or at least keep yourself up for future work. 5 years is fucking long time for an album.
I like the way the Chemical Brothers release their stuff, even if some of their albums lost quality, they will bounce back and they keep going at it.
I do creative stuff myself, I don't always have inspiration for it but I am sure as hell don't sit on my ass waiting for it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
guess they can allow themselves 6 years. they don't fit to any fashion anyway.

and because it's probably their last one, i can wait. after some time gap, my impressions of more recently played new tracks have gone down. now i think they really can't finish as mediocre as these tracks (rockweiler, get your fight on) are.

i hope they do better than IMD this time. IMD was good, but not great. it was meant to be played live, but only 3, maybe 4 tracks really pulled it off imo.

we need more edge. more balls.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
With the rise in popularity of electronic music over the last few years I'm worried the new album will just get lost amongst the fodder.

Could do with something ground breaking again, IMD was pretty safe all things considered.

I don't really care if it takes another couple of years. Quality over quantity I say.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:45 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Fifer wrote:
With the rise in popularity of electronic music over the last few years I'm worried the new album will just get lost amongst the fodder.

Could do with something ground breaking again, IMD was pretty safe all things considered.

I don't really care if it takes another couple of years. Quality over quantity I say.

Very unlikely for any band that's been around 20 years plus. They aren't hungry enough, too comfortable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Plain_John wrote:

He should keep himself busy - right soundtracks, produce - that's you can get inspiration or at least keep yourself up for future work. 5 years is fucking long time for an album.
I like the way the Chemical Brothers release their stuff, even if some of their albums lost quality, they will bounce back and they keep going at it.
I do creative stuff myself, I don't always have inspiration for it but I am sure as hell don't sit on my ass waiting for it.

THIS.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:58 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 142Location: NL - AlmereJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am
Eddy Temple Morris, nice guy. Remember i went to Londen for a prodigy gig back in 2008 and he was DJ'ing around before the prodigy showed up and he did a nice mix of Killing In The Name Of. Later on during the gig he was standing next to me enjoying the sweet soul music of Mr. H. and I complimented him for his show and DJ skills (well I was surprised and somehow overwhelmed by his remixes) and we talked a bit. So, that's it.

Any word about the new album yet? :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:15 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
people, find some time to make a quick scan would ya!

Blacklabel wrote:
News in a nutshell: "Album going well... last year writing wasnt really up to the standard.. but this year it had a growth spurt and Liam now feels quite confident about it... he previously said it was Dark.. but now he thinks it just feels menacing and hard. Probably the hardest sounding record yet".

No release date announced so far. Still working on it. He also said earlier that he "was in the middle of it".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 434Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:19 pm
He binned everything? Cool, the latest tracks sounded like recipes, not very inspirational, but didnt totally suck monkey balls either.

Hope he goes back to more "acoustic" sound like he had on the 90's records. I dont like that its all drum machines and synth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Reading through this thread again just broke my dream. Sort of.

Last edited by Harbinger on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 am
what are you talking about :)

Offline Profile