<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Album Speculation/Chat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:58 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
This topic is made to discuss,speculate and keep up wih any news about the Prodigy'a 6th Studio Album (Dubbed LP6 till we get an actual title).

Taken from the polish site interview on august13th :

Quote:
1. Are you planning to release an EP with unreleased tracks like Stab, Heatwave, Dean Ken before releasing a new album?

MAYBE THESE TRACKS WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY BUT MY MAIN FOCUS IS ON NEW MATERIAL ,, THESE TRACKS RNT FINISHED SO ID PREFER TO BE DOIN NEW MUSIC NOT GOIN OVER OLD GROUND

2. Will the new LP be combination of Music For The Jilted Generation and The Fat Of The Land, or will it sound similar to any of those?

DONT KNOW UNTIL I START IT , BUT IT WILL BE A SLIGHTLY DARKER RECORD BUT ALLWAYS ONE WE CAN PLAY LIVE

3. Can we expect any collaborations on the new LP or you wanna make 100% Prodigy album , only all 3 of you?

MAD ITS TOO EARLY IV ONLY JUST STARTED IT! , WHO KNOWS ,, THERE WILL DEFINATLY BE A GUEST GUITARIST AS WELL AS ROB , ID LOOK TO GETTING A FEMALE VOCALIST ON A TUNE WITH KEEF ,,, WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY WHO ALBUM LIVE ON OUR OWN WITHOUT DRAGGIN LOADS OF GUESTS ABOUT ,, IF WE DID THAT WE WOULD TURN INTO THE GORILLAZ AND WE DONT WANT THAT DO WE !

So far we know that 1- It's gonna be darker (something tells me this is not bullshit, remember how Liam always said that IMD would be more melodic and it actually did!)

2- Pre-IMD and IMD era unreleased songs will propably be axed, so no one add them to a tracklist or a wishlist :p

3- They wont have many collaborations just a female vocalist and a guest guitarist as well as Rob.

4- He's not thinking of another dirtchamber mainly to focus on the new album.

5- The band finishes touring in fall 2010 until further notice, maybe to have time for the new album :D

So thats a very good and promising build up for the new album, it excites me that it's going to be darker :D i want them to invade the dubstep scene and show all the others how its really done, with a dark vibe. ORGASM!

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I think the next album will sound like Deadmau5.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:15 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
i love the darkness of their recent stuff like the new fill after Poison, Jaws fill and breathe&thunder dubstep. You never know if one of the first two turns out to be a part of a new song just like beat 55/omen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:19 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
i hope it's gonna be a bit more... fresh...
imd feels like a copy... for instance aono sounded completly new like all the other albums before... imd dissappointed me a bit so i hope the new one will blow our minds properly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i agree imd wasn't as fresh as previous albums but i feel that was because it was their first album as a full group again, loads of us said during the their law years that we'd all love keith and maxim and liam to be one again in a track, i think liam knew thats what the majority of fans wanted.

i'm looking forward to the next one, thank fuck atleast its been started, that gives me hope, i think its a bit too early to guess though, i can't say it will be a dark album, this might take a few years to make and liams mood can change with tracks, remember when liam said there was no guitars in IMD ? and then the first track we hear has about 4 guitars in it, though i do believe whatever the next album will be like, it will be fresh and it will anal rape the shit out of everything in the charts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Double album: Will have a jolly side and a dark side.

'I Love Flowers' and 'Fuck Flora'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Leaning towards the dark side is what I like to hear, gotta love Prodigy's dark side. I'm also hoping for some long tunes breaking the 7 minute mark. It needs at least one epic long tune, like Weather Experience, Narcotic Suite, Climbatize, Medusas Path, but on IMD? We need a return to that sort of track. Omen Reprise could have been, but it was too short...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:34 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 852Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:25 am
+1 on the long tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 369Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 pm
Aye they deffo need 'a' looooong track of some kind.
Im liking the whole darker thing again... If anything the mention of somethin dark is fuckin thrilling to hear, as I thought IMD was a bit of a let down I didnt like the melodic thing going on. My expectations were too high me thinks :roll:

Collaborations... umm... would be interesting!

BUT I hope we dont wait years for it - thats the only thing Im worried about! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 531Location: Ghost TownJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:39 am
Would love a dubsteppy album

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
AZZiDO wrote:
Would love a dubsteppy album

Maybe some dubstep influence, but Prodigy are leaders not followers...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:40 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Fuck dubstep... is everyone going to fuck?! I mean... dubstep, a subgenre... and you actually want Prodigy to sound like it. So far, the dubstep remixes are horrible for me... so fucking boring sounding.

Seriously, guys... :lol: That's just bullshit. Really. Honestly. Why would Prodigy be making dubstep, stereotypically, boring, slow, too much same shit. It's like Drum&Bass of these days.

Meh. Seriously guys. I'm REALLY confused. Why?

Don't you all want something different?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
maybe there after a track with a dubstep influnece, like i'd not really call breathe dubstep a dubstep tune because it doesn't have a bassline but its got the Prodigy venom in it (thats what i call prodigy's genre) you know its prodigy as soon as you hear it, i think thats what everyone was going on about.

else yeah it would be shit to have a dubstep album from liam, would suck balls imo, maybe one slow track with dub influences but with the venom would be a great addition to the album, because everyone of liams dubby mixes have been amazing yet still mostly consist of liams own genre.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:56 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
sorry agent
i like you, but you are boring.
i hope that liam will make at least on proper dubstep song.
not "another dubstep track " but some fresh, deep, unexpected fucked up shit and lot of bass...
:-D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
Fuck dubstep... is everyone going to fuck?! I mean... dubstep, a subgenre... and you actually want Prodigy to sound like it. So far, the dubstep remixes are horrible for me... so fucking boring sounding.

Seriously, guys... :lol: That's just bullshit. Really. Honestly. Why would Prodigy be making dubstep, stereotypically, boring, slow, too much same shit. It's like Drum&Bass of these days.

Meh. Seriously guys. I'm REALLY confused. Why?

Don't you all want something different?

Just shut the fuck up for one second, dubstep is really really fresh ( Listen to excision shambala mixes) how the hell can you think this is boring?

You either have to despise dubstep and dnb. or you are retarded

Seriously orange, the prodigy making a dubstep influenced track would be the fucking bomb.

Offline Profile