<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Signed to Three Six Zero Music - part of Warner Bros.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... king-vinyl

http://www.mixmag.net/news/the-prodigy- ... zero-music

Just released from Mixmag via Billboard!

Quote:
“Plans for The Prodigy are in development, with music and touring to be announced at a later date,” a press release reads.

Warner Bros. and the Prodigy have something to rave about. The highly influential electronic act has signed to Three Six Zero Music, a new label which launched recently in collaboration with Warner Bros. Records.

Three Six Zero is under license from Cooking Vinyl, which oversaw the release of the trio’s last album, 2009’s Invaders Must Die.

The Three Six Zero Group is already home to a number of prominent electronic acts -- like Calvin Harris, Deadmau5, and Nero -- so the Prodigy will be in good company.

The U.K. trio of Liam Howlett, Keith Flint, and Maxim has not yet announced a new release for its new home, but a press release hints more is to come. “Plans for The Prodigy are in development, with music and touring to be announced at a later date,” the statement reads. Howlett seconded that notion: “Looking forward to seeing some more daylight once the record is done after all this time working on beats in the bunker and looking forward to bringing some fresh noise to the USA again -- bring it on!”

The Prodigy brought considerable mainstream attention to electronic music in the 1990s, with hits like “Firestarter” and “Breathe.” This summer, they’ve headlined European festivals like Sonisphere and Global Gathering, stirring up anticipation for their next release.

“Our partnership with Three Six Zero Music has only just begun and we’re already doing some amazing things,” said Warner Bros. Records chairman & CEO Cameron Strang. “The Prodigy are incredibly influential, and we’re honored for them to be one of the first artists to join our new label.”

Quote:
The Prodigy have signed to Three Six Zero Music, a new label associated with Warner Bros. Records.

Although the label was minted this year, the Three Six Zero Group has been running as an artist management agency since 2007, meaning The Prodigy join the likes of Deadmau5, Calvin Harris and Nero under the Three Six Zero umbrella.

A press release announcing the news said: "Plans for The Prodigy are in development, with music and touring to be announced at a later date".

Frontman Liam Howlett used the PR sheet to say: "Looking forward to seeing some more daylight once the record is done after all this time working on beats in the bunker and looking forward to bringing some fresh noise to the USA again. Bring it on!"

In July, Howlett revealed that the band will release an album later this year, though no label was confirmed. This is as big a hint as any as to which label the record will be released on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
good effort :)
already on album news/chat thread

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
Well, I apologise. I searched first and didn't see anything under 'zero' so posted this. Perhaps people shouldn't just post random links without any other text info... :?
That was only posted last night so I'm probably not the only one to miss it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
BACK TO THE USA YESSSS!!!! CANT WAIT!!! :-D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Rickyoto wrote:

FINALLY!
Can we get a proper U.S. Tour this time around?

I got three words...

WARRIORS...

DANCE...

FESTIVAL.

Followed by another three words...

MADISON...

SQUARE...

GARDEN.

Just a dream from a NYC Prodge fan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 191Location: Cheltenham, UKJoined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 am
NEOREV wrote:
Rickyoto wrote:

FINALLY!

I got three words...

WARRIORS...

DANCE...

FESTIVAL.

MADISON...

SQUARE...

GARDEN.

This would be fucking huge.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Rickyoto wrote:

FINALLY!

I got three words...

WARRIORS...

DANCE...

FESTIVAL.

MADISON...

SQUARE...

GARDEN.

I'm not a fan of NYC but I would buy a ticket the second it went on sale if Warriors Dance Festival came to MSG.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:08 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
Let's be real folks, won't happen. NYC is good for 5,000 fans at most.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
Finishing the album now probably they will do a brixton tour in December and the album will most likely drop February or March followed by a US tour just like they did in 2006 and 2009! :)