<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Nasty 09.02.15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Lectro wrote:
That track kicks ass on my Tannoy speakers.

Nice, I got Tannoys as well! Just got the Reveal 802s last month for tbe studio. Had KRK Rokit 5s for a while, needed an upgrade. Much better low end on the Tannoys and don't falsely color the sound like the KRKs.

Nasty and The Day Is My Enemy sound great on them. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:22 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Lectro wrote:

Nice, I got Tannoys as well! Just got the Reveal 802s last month for tbe studio. Had KRK Rokit 5s for a while, needed an upgrade. Much better low end on the Tannoys and don't falsely color the sound like the KRKs.

sry for offtopic.. I myself just got JBL lsr305's.. very satisfied.. it does make a difference listening good bitrate music through good pair of speakers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
Lectro wrote:

sry for offtopic.. I myself just got JBL lsr305's.. very satisfied.. it does make a difference listening good bitrate music through good pair of speakers.

Agreed x1,000,000
A wise man once said, "Music is meant to be felt, not just heard."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:21 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
NEOREV wrote:
I feel ya, Kingdom, I really do.

It's like some people just can't sit and experience the music anymore without having to insert their own opinion on how a track should sound or where a track should go. Everyone is a fucking sofa critic these days where it's all about what they want and what they think should happen. When did the listener become so frigging selfish? I don't think it's Liam that has changed at all, Liam is writing music that Liam would write and believes in. It's the listener that has changed. And it's been exacerbated by things like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Everyone is a blogger, everyone is a critic.

And if you don't like what Liam is writing now, then you have moved on from The Prodigy and should just really move on with your life instead of constantly shitting on everything in a fan forum. This has been the worst experience leading up to an album here on Brainkiller to be honest. Everyone has become so cynical. No one can just enjoy themselves and let the music be. We're all some blog critic now with this idea that what we want and expect is how it should be. We've gone from us being influenced by music to us controlling every aspect of it.

The EDM scene is just that... tailored to and controlled by people's expectations.
It's why it has become so claustrophobic and repetitious.

Something went wrong here... and I don't think it's with Liam... it's with the listener. Some selfish mindset that has taken over... I want this... I expect this... This is how it should sound... This is how it should go... Me, me, me I want it to be this way.

What the hell happened to everyone?

It is simple: the prodge were once so fucking great that they have created immense hopes, and expectations. Ofcourse they cannot easily meet those.
Its telling how legendary they are because people still even have those high expectations, regardless of how old fotl and jilted are.

If people are bitching its a compliment, if they are silent then you have to worry.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
it does make a difference listening good bitrate music through good pair of speakers.

Exactly! Great to hear that you and NEOREV got it ;-)

Btw. about The Prodigy creating hope with Jilted and FOTL, I would say AONO really brought hope back for the band and that era created some great live shows. IMD was actually a great album which created a lot of hope for the music by the band. I don't get how much people are bitching over IMD now. When it came out it was great and fresh - and it still is. I hold it as one of the best!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:16 am
Lectro wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:
it does make a difference listening good bitrate music through good pair of speakers.

Exactly! Great to hear that you and NEOREV got it ;-)

Btw. about The Prodigy creating hope with Jilted and FOTL, I would say AONO really brought hope back for the band and that era created some great live shows. IMD was actually a great album which created a lot of hope for the music by the band. I don't get how much people are bitching over IMD now. When it came out it was great and fresh - and it still is. I hold it as one of the best!

Yeah, I love IMD. Even when I knock AONO, it doesn't mean that it is a terrible album. I'm just comparing it to other Prodigy albums. AONO is still better than most music out there. I think playing some shows let Liam hear what was lacking in tracks and gave them a twist to improve them. Even with my disappointment with AONO, it still was such a drastic change in sound that it kept me interested in what Liam would write next. See where he would go from there. And the whole AONO/Their Law touring era is probably one of the most interesting. Liam was switching to laptops live and using Ableton, there was a lot of experimentation going on live during this time. But IMD as an album was much more solid statement. AONO was an experimentation in sound with Liam trying to find his footing after stripping away everything we come to expect from them. It seemed with the fighting, Liam didn't have that connection with the rest of the band for input and isolated himself. IMD was the band back together, a solid representation of all three of them coming together. Even though it's years later since IMD, I think Liam is still riding that high IMD brought to the band. I think IMD's popularity and touring surrounding it gave the confidence back to Liam and helped him in finding the direction with TDIME. IMD is a more upbeat, fun album because the feeling of the band was that at the time. They were having a blast being mates and making music together. AONO was the reset album, IMD felt like Experience 2.0 with it's catchy synths and this is Liam's dark and angry album like Jilted. When I say Jilted, I mean the anger it had and the focus that record had, almost like a concept record. I think TDIME is gonna have that sorta vibe. I sure there's gonna be responses like "Nasty does not sound like Jilted, it's shit," which means you completely missed what I'm saying. Or the best response when folks have nothing good to add to the discussion, "TL, DR." After hear the first two tracks off TDIME and hearing what folks had to say about it, I have complete confidence Liam went the direction he should go in and we have a rocker on our hands. But I'm an optimist. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Not relevant as news, but the track is very popular in Serbia

http://www.mtv.rs/top-liste/dfc

Also goes on parties, I have been on two parties last week, and they played nasty.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:59 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 495Location: Belfast, IrelandJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm
Hopefully we will get some sneak previews soon, can't wait!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:19 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
mid march, probably.

and Liam will order the sound previews taken down from amazon or other websites... like he did with IMD.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1004Location: SerbiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 pm
I Survived a Zombie Apocalypse is a horror-themed game show set in the future after a nationwide epidemic has transformed most of the country's population into ravenous zombies.

Recognize the tune? :D perfect for this kind of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuFznhQyVJA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Nice, and the vid fits perfectly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:58 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 165Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm
So can anyone tell me if Nasty (Instrumental) is getting an official release and Rise of the Eagles ahead of the album?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:46 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
RENEGEDD wrote:
So can anyone tell me if Nasty (Instrumental) is getting an official release and Rise of the Eagles ahead of the album?

It was just a rumour. There is no Nasty instrumental. And Rise will be on the album iTunes edition.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
and what about the other remixes?

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
nucleartitan wrote:
and what about the other remixes?

shelved

Offline Profile WWW