<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy 30/03/15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
This is no biggie

But today Martina Topley-Bird released her 4th solo studio album. I was hooked on her stuff from when she appeared on Massive Attack Heligoland album in 2010.

So today she did Q&A session on her instagram and I asked her what was it like to work with The Prodigy. She said she got to know the band personally back in 1996. She was asked to join them in the studio to do some vocals pre IMD era. She really loves what The Prodigy was about so she was really devastated that Liam didn't use any of her voice in any of the tracks. Later on when TDIME was coming about she got an email from Liam telling her that he reworked a song with her and it's going to be the title track of their new album. She also said that there are no other band that unites fans from so many genres and would love to do more songs with them.

X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:21 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
untitled6 wrote:
This is no biggie

But today Martina Topley-Bird released her 4th solo studio album. I was hooked on her stuff from when she appeared on Massive Attack Heligoland album in 2010.

So today she did Q&A session on her instagram and I asked her what was it like to work with The Prodigy. She said she got to know the band personally back in 1996. She was asked to join them in the studio to do some vocals pre IMD era. She really loves what The Prodigy was about so she was really devastated that Liam didn't use any of her voice in any of the tracks. Later on when TDIME was coming about she got an email from Liam telling her that he reworked a song with her and it's going to be the title track of their new album. She also said that there are no other band that unites fans from so many genres and would love to do more songs with them.

X

Thanks for that. Interesting to read.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:24 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
untitled6 wrote:
This is no biggie

X

Just like there were some recordings with The Ragga Twins and Shahin Badar before the release of NT, so it's just a matter of time for Liam to use them somewhere B)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:47 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
As many (if not all) here know that TDIME might have been called 'How to steal a Jetfighter'.

I came across this weekend that there have been already a concept artwork for that which Liam rejected in the end.
The artwork is now presented here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnOwxTCXno

I think that type of UV revealable artwork would have been pretty cool, although I also know that this type of black box edition would have been quite expensive and probably released in a very limited edition, maybe just to a few hundred copies.

What do you think about this?

Harbinger wrote:
Its Here

The Day Is My Enemy, 6th Studio Album will be released 30th March 2015.

1. The Day is My Enemy 4:24
2. Nasty 4:03
3. Rebel Radio 3:52
4. Ibiza feat. Sleaford Mods 2:45
5. Destroy 4:28
6. Wild Frontier 4:28
7. Rok-Weiler 3:50
8. Beyond the Deathray 3:08
9. Rhythm Bomb feat. Flux Pavilion 4:12
10. Roadblox 5:00
11. Get Your Fight On 3:38
12. Medicine 3:56
13. Invisible Sun 4:16
14. Wall Of Death 4:12

Rise of the Eagles (iTunes Only Bonus Track) 3:47

Total Track Time (incl Rise of the Eagles): 59m:59s :twisted:

Japanese release

15. Rebel Radio (Proxy Mix)

16. Wild Frontier (KillSonik Mix)

http://theprodigy.com/index.html

http://theprodigy.tmstor.es/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Lastu wrote:
As many (if not all) here know that TDIME might have been called 'How to steal a Jetfighter'.

I came across this weekend that there have been already a concept artwork for that which Liam rejected in the end.

I think that type of UV revealable artwork would have been pretty cool, although I also know that this type of black box edition would have been quite expensive and probably released in a very limited edition, maybe just to a few hundred copies.

Harbinger wrote:
Its Here

Japanese release

What do I think? I think that this was posted on April Fools by the same russians that posted Gabba, Rock and roll fake recordings and now making money out of it. I think they should fuck off already. But that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:18 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
untitled6 wrote:
Lastu wrote:

Harbinger wrote:
Its Here

Japanese release

What do I think? I think that this was posted on April Fools by the same russians that posted Gabba, Rock and roll fake recordings and now making money out of it. I think they should fuck off already. But that's just my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing, but upon checking out the designers website, it does seem to be legit (scroll down to the bottom):

https://jordanatkinson.co.uk/portfolio/the-prodigy/

Jordan Atkinson himself also posted that same animation on vimeo (https://vimeo.com/809866362?embedded=tr ... =131512572) 2 weeks ago on 20th March, so not an April Fools.
The description states:

Quote:
Back in 2014 I had the opportunity to pitch an artwork concept for The Prodigy’s 6th studio album. At the time it had a working title of ‘How To Steal A Jet Fighter’.

Liam had described the new material as taking a “heavier and darker” direction. I envisaged a minimal black sleeve with only a Prodigy logo in a spot gloss UV print. The real artwork; blueprint schematics and exploded diagrams of a harrier jump jet, would only be revealed under UV light.

As part of the reveal I developed an idea for the promo video. However it has only been fully realised recently in the rough demo version seen here after revisiting the original concept art. At the time I hadn’t heard any of the new material but something about their track Diesel Power had synergy with what I had in mind.

I developed some further concepts, this time to the revised working title ‘The Rebel Radio’. But unfortunately the ideas were never meant to be. ‘The Day Is My Enemy’ came to be it’s finished title with Nick Macfarlane’s distinctive fox design.

Very interesting find I must say.

The tracklist on that design is identical to TDIME which is VERY interesting imo, as not only does it show they were still planning to go with the whole "How to steal a Jetfighter" theme even after the actual "Jetfighter" track didn't make the cut, but also the exact tracklist seems to have been decided on very early on, before a good chunk of the tracks were even finalized. I say that because I remember Liam teasing alot of the tracks on his instagram throughout 2014 playing little snippets from Ableton, indicating that he was still in the process of writing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:25 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
toX wrote:
Very interesting find I must say.

The tracklist on that design is identical to TDIME which is VERY interesting imo, as not only does it show they were still planning to go with the whole "How to steal a Jetfighter" theme even after the actual "Jetfighter" track didn't make the cut, but also the exact tracklist seems to have been decided on very early on, before a good chunk of the tracks were even finalized. I say that because I remember Liam teasing alot of the tracks on his instagram throughout 2014 playing little snippets from Ableton, indicating that he was still in the process of writing.

The only reason the track list matches 'The Day Is My Enemy' is because he went back to the concept after 'TDIME' was released.

Quote:
it has only been fully realised recently in the rough demo version seen here after revisiting the original concept art

Quote:
For the anniversary of the release of The Day Is My Enemy, I decided to revisit the original album concept artwork I developed to finish an idea I had at the time that never saw the light of day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZ9twwI62-/

The 'How To Steal a Jet Fighter' name was announced in 2012. Liam scrapped the whole album. No tracks carried over to 'TDIME'. The track list to 'TDIME' was decided relatively late. So late that the vinyl has a different order to the CD. Some of the track names changed from the original announced track list too: -

Quote:
01 Beyond The Deathray
02 Destroy
03 Wild Frontier
04 Rebel Radio
05 Medicine
06 Nasty Nasty
07 Wall Of Death
08 I Need A Rhythm
09 Get UR Fight On
10 Rock-Weiler
11 Road Blocks