<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy Track (Jan. 26th Zane Lowe Premiere)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:
i think you really cant measure art. you can measure maybe how high do people jump/mosh on live gig to some track, u can measure clicks on youtube, sale numbers other then that..... ITS ALL BULSHITT

It is easier to judge/measure a song than a painting. Once there was an art gallery opening and there was a live ''excibit'' if i write it correctly. There was a man with his cock in a watermellon. Yeah it is not a scientific fact that Smack is better than The way it is but you know what i mean.

okay. but how far can you go? somewhere there's point it's down do very personal preference, and there are as many as there are people

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:02 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Kinda agree with ya special forces but it is still difficult. I would say everything after fat is worse than most stuff from fat except fuel my fire. Regardless of my own favorites. But with worse I would mean how well it is written, how mature it is, the quality of the tune etc.

But its still kinda vague and still opinionbased ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
okay. but how far can you go? somewhere there's point it's down do very personal preference, and there are as many as there are people

A very good friend of mine (which i fight a lot with) told me once that the best way to show that you do not like an art excibit is to ignore it. Well ok on art galleries,excibits ect but with songs, i think sometimes when there is a quality distance between 2 songs it is easier to judge, regardless your genre taste.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:20 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
n/a wrote:
Plain_John wrote:
IMD or AONO didn't have any tracks that matched or surpassed FOTL or Jilted.

Really? Spitfire and Omen are up there with the best tracks Liam has ever written. Both in the Top 10 for me.

No they ain't, Spitfire is good, Omen is no where near the best tracks he's written

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:26 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Listened to it a huge amount of times since Monday, wanting to like it, it's actually worse than i first thought, utterly forgettable track, it's just really boring and never gets going, threatens to be "violent" and " dark" when in fact it's massively powder puff and a very weakly produced track.. IMD was a fairly forgettable album for me and if these two new tracks are anything to go by i can see it being another average album from them... sad to say it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:36 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
you are listening to it for 3 days and still dont like it ,what are you trying to achvieve ? if you dont like it dont listen to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:41 pm
Saq wrote:
you are listening to it for 3 days and still dont like it ,what are you trying to achvieve ? if you dont like it dont listen to it.

To give some feedback on a forum i've been coming on for a long time, i'm not trying to achieve anything, other than get into some healthy discussions about the new material... what a stupid thing to say.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:47 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 191Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Otherwise everyone will start to say that Fuel my fire is better than Poison or Voodoo ect ect.

I love Fuel My Fire.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
it's just really boring and never gets going, threatens to be "violent" and " dark" when in fact it's massively powder puff and a very weakly produced track.. I

:eyebrow:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:38 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 262Location: rsnsJoined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm
I was disappointed with TP after "WDF serbia"...

This new material came too late in my life, so i don't feel it like AONO or IMD...

It's like when you support a local team
for many years and nothing happens
and then came tycoon with a lot of money
and begin to buy the famous junk
to pull the wool over your eyes...

nasty and tdime 3 day miracle.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 142Location: NL - AlmereJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am
maybe it was better if master H decided to stop right after FOTL when they were on there best (just like the KLF in the early 90's)

he cannot deliver something as good as FOTL (for some) or pre-FOTL

in my opinion the new tracks are great. new, fresh but still very recognizable as a Prodigy tune. And when played in order they fit perfectly. it has always been about the beats, and beats are there. if it slow or fast, the beats are well presented. but still, most of us, like me, are fan since the mid 90's and remember the blast FOTL brought. and we want that again. but i think we have to deal with the fact that FOTL part 2 will never see the daylight. i think this will be the last Prodigy studio album, and i do have the feeling that this album contains all the vibes and influences from all their albums. and second, i do hope, for the fans sake, that all FOTL left overs will be released someday.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
aim-4 wrote:
maybe it was better if master H decided to stop right after FOTL when they were on there best (just like the KLF in the early 90's)

he cannot deliver something as good as FOTL (for some) or pre-FOTL

in my opinion the new tracks are great. new, fresh but still very recognizable as a Prodigy tune. And when played in order they fit perfectly. it has always been about the beats, and beats are there. if it slow or fast, the beats are well presented. but still, most of us, like me, are fan since the mid 90's and remember the blast FOTL brought. and we want that again. but i think we have to deal with the fact that FOTL part 2 will never see the daylight. i think this will be the last Prodigy studio album, and i do have the feeling that this album contains all the vibes and influences from all their albums. and second, i do hope, for the fans sake, that all FOTL left overs will be released someday.

Sadly, FOTL part2 was cancelled/binned after the release of BGAT. I think Liam was complained too much about self-repeating. I don't care if a good album is self-repeating.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
I started to listen to the band 1 year before MFTJG was released. I still believe it is 0.0001% better than FOTL. I liked AONO more than IMD only because of Spitfire and Girls...but i recognise that IMD is a better album than AONO.

Yeah,we wont have FOTL or MFTJG part II because i do not think Liam is able to write anything like this even if he wanted to repeat himself.

Call me emotional but after i heard TDIME which reminded me of the good old badass tunes that Liam gave to us i forgive him for been the shadow of himself after FOTL.

It is not a groundbreaking song or something that i could put next to SMBU (i think it could replace Fuel my fire or Serial thrilla though) but i feel like it was a lion's last roar before it dies. I hope i'm wrong and they release at least one more album but i get the feeling that this album is like a return to the roots. Like he wants to say who they are one last time,like a last statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
I just listened to the album version. That stupid synthline is much longer at the second time. Fuck... It ruined the track.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
subtract wrote:
We all like different things.

I totally disagree :-D