<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Wild Frontier 23/2/2015

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:17 am
GruntGruntPosts: 23Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:22 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
After listening to this EP, I can clearly state that Nasty (Instrumental) is way better than the vocal one, which is, by the by, the worst tune of the album and the worst choice for the first single.

What were they thinking??

Probably because it leaked first, that and they seemed to have the video lined up ready :-)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Driving in the car today Nasty came on and I must say that it really has grown on me. And the more I read people hate it the more I like it. But yeah, the instrumental is fine. Not better though tbh. The Spor remix is great too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:03 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Lectro wrote:
Driving in the car today Nasty came on and I must say that it really has grown on me. And the more I read people hate it the more I like it. But yeah, the instrumental is fine. Not better though tbh. The Spor remix is great too.

the more people hate it, the more you like it? does it make sense? not at all.

You like things, you like tunes because you do, not because other people like/hate it.

Anyway, I've never seen any comment from you saying something negative, or at least, a bit critical to any tune so it doesn't surprise me.

If you listen 100 times to the same song there's a chance that eventually might grow on you.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:05 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
You talk to him like he is a 10 years old.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Awww this is just too cute :oops:

Liam should make more SEGA tunes :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:21 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 664Location: CroatiaJoined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 am
no matter how many times i listen to the album, i can't get a grip on this one. it's one of the worst prodge tunes, it's the only one where the vocals are better than the sound. if you take the worst maxim's track and worst track from one of flint's projects and you give it to some 15-year old to mash it up there's a chance it might sound better than this. it's like a non-alcoholic watered down umbrella and straw version of 'colours', which itself is a weak tune. but i guess it's fate that even a great album like this one has loose ends. sorry peeps this one doesn't make sense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:57 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Colours is excellent. Wild Frontier is even better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:38 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Speaking of instrumental Wild Frontier, does instrumental Colours exist? :007:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Fakin ill wrote:

It does yes :)

........ though I don't have it anymore since my computer died, someone will!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Wild frontier and colours are completely different, they don't sound similar in the slightest. Just because both have a squarewave melody......the square melody in WF could have been left out too.

It's like saying bgat is a watered down version of firestarter because of that one sample

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Lectro wrote:

You like things, you like tunes because you do, not because other people like/hate it.

Anyway, I've never seen any comment from you saying something negative, or at least, a bit critical to any tune so it doesn't surprise me.

If you listen 100 times to the same song there's a chance that eventually might grow on you.

You are right that I don't like it more because other people hate it. My point is still valid. The same thing happened for me with Narayan on Fat. I hated it at first, but later it grew on me to become one of my favorite tunes on the album.

You are entitled to your opinions sir. Let me have mine without you spreading manure on me. I really don't care if you haven't read anything negative in my posts. There's things I like and things I don't like - I might just not be spreading my every single (negative) thought on here. I'm not here to read what tunes you hate. I'm here to read about the band and get knowledge I might not get from anywhere else. Plus read and debate on interesting subjects regarding the band and music in general.

I really don't care if other people post only negative or positive comments on here. What I care about is the passion for the band. And I care for this community. I care about people and respect for people. Without tolerance the world (and this forum) turns to shit.

Trolls...
Fuck 'em and their law!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Lectro wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
Lectro wrote:

You are right that I don't like it more because other people hate it. My point is still valid. The same thing happened for me with Narayan on Fat. I hated it at first, but later it grew on me to become one of my favorite tunes on the album.

You are entitled to your opinions sir. Let me have mine without you spreading manure on me. I really don't care if you haven't read anything negative in my posts. There's things I like and things I don't like - I might just not be spreading my every single (negative) thought on here. I'm not here to read what tunes you hate. I'm here to read about the band and get knowledge I might not get from anywhere else. Plus read and debate on interesting subjects regarding the band and music in general.

I really don't care if other people post only negative or positive comments on here. What I care about is the passion for the band. And I care for this community. I care about people and respect for people. Without tolerance the world (and this forum) turns to shit.

Trolls...
Fuck 'em and their law!

So, you call me ironically sir, then you try to give me some sort of moral lesson and then, as a glorious final remark, you call me troll and then use one of the band's most famous samples to tell me to fuck off.

You are class man.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:56 pm
JimbQ wrote:
Fakin ill wrote:

It does yes :)

........ though I don't have it anymore since my computer died, someone will!

I hope it sounds more interesting than the instrumental WF! :bow:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:42 pm
Actually I was not only writing about you at the end there, jonyintheplace.

But you read into it what you want. I was ending my post writing about negativity on here in general. Notice that I stopped writing "You".
And sure, I do feel like you could use a moral lesson considereing how you wrote to me. I don't know if you are a troll "per se" (I don't really remember reading anything you posted), but it sounded like you only respect negativity, which I don't care for. I care for honesty. That is neither positive nor negative to me. A big problem online is people thinking that they are better than other people. This vibe is what I got from you, and that is what I am reacting against. Moral lessons are needed to be tought sometimes. If anyone feel hit by my remark I consider that a proof that my remark is valid.

Of course this was a reaction to you - of course the ironically "Sir". If you think you can bash out and not get a few scuffs, then you are sadly mistaking.