<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Band Q&A / Album preview / Wall of death premier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
http://theprodigy.com/the-prodigy-to-pr ... ttermusic/

Quote:
THE PRODIGY TO PREVIEW NEW ALBUM TRACKS DURING A LIVE Q&A WITH @TWITCH & @TWITTERMUSIC16 MARCH 2015

On Monday 23rd March at 6pm (UTC) The Prodigy will be live streaming an interview via twitch.tv video link up from Berlin answering questions submitted on twitter using hashtag #AskTheProdigy as well as previewing two clips of brand new tracks from their highly anticipated new album 'The Day Is My Enemy'. You can ask the band anything you want from Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd March and some of the questions will be chosen to answered live on air during the stream via Twitch.tv. Following the bands live stream the bands new track 'Wall Of Death' will be immediately added to the Twitch.tv music library for users to stream during broadcasts on the platform.

Tweet your questions to either @the_prodigy @TwitterMusic @Twitch  #AskTheProdigy before Sunday 22nd March

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Prepare the questions :) Only the best one will be asked.

So wall of death will be able to stream just while the show last?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:18 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
'Previewing two clips of brand new tracks'
Does that mean clips previewing the whole album?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Pretty sure the album will have leaked before this anyways.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
Prodigal Son wrote:
Prepare the questions :) Only the best one will be asked.

So wall of death will be able to stream just while the show last?

The way that press release is worded suggests that we're still on for Wall of Death releasing tomorrow. If not, definitely before this event.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Rodigy wrote:
Pretty sure the album will have leaked before this anyways.

the tendency lately doesn't give lot's of hope it will :D but that is okay. if it doesn't i'l give them medal for that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
They've already been doin the best promotion for the new album and i bet that the 30th March result will be huge on the first listening! Will be really cool to hear that interview, answering fans questions directly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:17 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
So, did anyone here send some questions yet? We always complain about the interviews and now I don't even know what to ask about :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:34 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 999Location: Brisbane, AustraliaJoined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:18 am
Can someone ask about B-Sides and physical cds/vinyl?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
stonehigh wrote:

Good question. I just posted it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
So I've created another twitter account just for the chance that they might answer one of my questions. Dunno if I'll keep it after. But if any of you's like one of my questions, maybe retweeting them, or asking something similar will help?

Quote:
@the_prodigy In the 90's you released singles before your albums were ready. Since AONO, you don't. Why? #AskTheProdigy

Quote:
@the_prodigy You've released 2 EP's so far (WEL; Lost Beats). Is it a format you could explore again? #AskTheProdigy

Quote:
@the_prodigy Do all three of you keep copies from your discography (albums, singles) at home? What do you play the most? #AskTheProdigy

twitter.com/ifilgoodx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:16 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
feelthy wrote:
Quote:
@the_prodigy Do all three of you keep copies from your discography (albums, singles) at home? What do you play the most? #AskTheProdigy

At least Liam does not, as I gave him WEL for his birthday some years ago. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:20 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
feelthy wrote:
Quote:
@the_prodigy You've released 2 EP's so far (WEL; Lost Beats). Is it a format you could explore again? #AskTheProdigy

The definition of an EP isn't 100% defined but any single they've released which featured at least one b-side could be counted as an EP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_play

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:03 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I understand the definition of an EP is large. My question is pretty limited to the 140 characters restriction of Twitter, but if I met Liam I'd ask him what's stopping him from releasing music (in either format: singles or EPs) before an album is ready. I feel like EP format has a triple feature:

A) Testing out waters for tracks he's not yet sure if it's something people would want to hear.

B) Letting out tracks that he deems not fitting on an album, yet still worthy, as a means for us to enjoy them anyway.

C) Lessen the gap he leaves in between album releases (now an average of 6 years)

Imagine tracks that could fit such an EP: Warning, Dead Ken Beats and Unstoppable (pre-IMD); AWOL and Dogbite (pre-TDIME), etc. Also testing out waters before giving us the AONO material we have would have allowed him to polish the album a bit more, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:08 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Lectro wrote:
stonehigh wrote:

Good question. I just posted it ;)

Already asked that in mixmag interview, he aint gonna do it

Offline Profile