<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy Review Thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:32 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Stay on topic please, enough of your arguments.

Sorry,Dark Lord.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Stay on topic please, enough of your arguments.

Sorry,Dark Lord.

I don't want you to get banned because Cabalist doesn't like the new album. He can go listen to USB heroes like David Guetta. Stay on topic before I turn into an evil moderator like evans :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:18 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 239Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:51 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
nogoodforme wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
*At least everyone else who does not like the album much find 2-3 songs they enjoy.You reject everything.Go troll somewhere else(i hope you troll and you are not just stupid).

first post and long time lurker on this site and I have to say you have to be the saddest person on this forum :lol: seriously the things you write to people shows how shit your life must be in the real world :lol: do you have friends?

ok the new album is a 8/10 from me.

The ''ok the new album is a 8/10 from me'' gave you away Canibalist.Long time lurker and you registered today ONLY to attack me :lol: ...little kitty....

It's not me. I'm in Thailand. A mod can prove that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I think Liam is allowed to sound like Liam when he makes something.

I think his comments pertained to how a lot of mainstream EDM producers all sound like each other and copying one another.
It's one thing to continue your own sound that you created, it's another to just copy another person's sound to stay relevant.

Liam's not trying to sound like Skrillex or Knife Party or all the other shite that sounds exactly like each other to get in the charts.

When you listen to a Prodigy record, you're hearing the Prodigy sound and nothing else.
Nothing sounds like The Prodigy and The Prodigy sound like nothing else.

If you followed their career, The Day Is My Enemy is the exact album that should be released now.
Every record built up to this moment, each record before this was a building block exploring individual aspects of Liam's taste in music, and this album is the amalgamation of their entire sound over their entire career.

If you don't get it, I don't know what band you were listening to the last 25 years.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:56 pm
NEOREV wrote:
I think Liam is allowed to sound like Liam when he makes something.

I think his comments pertained to how a lot of mainstream EDM producers all sound like each other and copying one another.
It's one thing to continue your own sound that you created, it's another to just copy another person's sound to stay relevant.

Liam's not trying to sound like Skrillex or Knife Party or all the other shite that sounds exactly like each other to get in the charts.

When you listen to a Prodigy record, you're hearing the Prodigy sound and nothing else.
Nothing sounds like The Prodigy and The Prodigy sound like nothing else.

If you followed their career, The Day Is My Enemy is the exact album that should be released now.
Every record built up to this moment, each record before this was a building block exploring individual aspects of Liam's taste in music, and this album is the amalgamation of their entire sound over their entire career.

If you don't get it, I don't know what band you were listening to the last 25 years.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Keith summarized everything you said on Wall of death.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:12 pm
NEOREV as always you are right bro. It was TDIME or a gay light album which would satisfy many boys under 20.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:36 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
My 'review'

The new album is like terminator 3. Doesn't hold its own versus the original two, was not in any way innovative, but as a movie in itself enjoyable.

Same for TDIME.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm
Jr wrote:
My 'review'

The new album is like terminator 3. Doesn't hold its own versus the original two, was not in any way innovative, but as a movie in itself enjoyable.

Same for TDIME.

My ''review'' is this...

It is like a woman you used to sleep with 15 years ago and you meet her again but now she has anal on the menu too.
You know what she likes,she knows what you like.Although familiar she now feels fresh more aggressive and nasty. :twisted:

Same with TDIME.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
+1 at NEOREV ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
During the course of this year Liam will play something new at one of the gigs and everybody will think that it blows TDIME out of the water.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:36 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 191Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am
I know I shouldn't bite on a Neorev post but just one thing...

NEOREV wrote:

Skrillex, Knife Party and "all the other shite" have never intended to make chart music. They make music that their respective scenes enjoy, and the majority of their focus is on their live shows. Sound familiar?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:38 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 191Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am
Plain_John wrote:
During the course of this year Liam will play something new at one of the gigs and everybody will think that it blows TDIME out of the water.

When was the last time a new track played out for the first time didn't blow everyone away?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:07 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
LifeIsAsLifeDoes wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

When was the last time a new track played out for the first time didn't blow everyone away?

are you talking about "bangers, destroy my speakers, scare da neighbourz, rocks live dude, nasty is a killah" and the best of all "these new shit annihilates TFOTL in its entirety"??? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:21 am
I did not like much the songs from Jetfire era.Used to post about it years ago.In the end i had to call Liam and blackmail him.He binned those songs.If he surprises us with a new song we will be here to post about it and try to be just.