<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Rhythm Bomb 25/3/2015

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:47 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
ok i'm a nut then... I consider this album a very good step forward for the band, but i consider the choice of the last 2 singles very very disappointing. Then you think that Rhythm Bomb is a great track, a great anthem and so on. I want the prodigy: Nasty is prodigy, rebel radio is fuckin' prodigy and rhythm bomb? Barbra Streisand.... :-D ahahah! Anyway, I repeat, these are just opinions, we don't need to fight for it, but people, come on! Rhythm what?
Raodblox is an anthem. ;)

Last edited by nucleartitan on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:43 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
subtract wrote:
Quite possibly the worst single and remix they have ever released, bordering on total embarrassment.

Maybe that's my age, kids may love it but it's not the Prodigy.

Fuckin' agree! What about Roadblox, Rok-weiler, Rebel Radio? Holy shit!

Rebel radio or destroy or get your fight on are the only possible singles...roadblox? meh

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:45 am
NEOREV wrote:
I like Rhythm Bomb
It's the right choice for their next single
It's the only track on the new album with crossover appeal with the current EDM scene
It's a smart move
I don't understand the hate and this track would be a banger if they dropped it live

The idea is cool but the way it is worked out not so much.
There's no flow to the track, it's very messy and chopped up. Doesn't have much energy too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
I really dont get why people here dont like medicine. Pure prodigy track in every way. I think it could better as a single than any of the realesed so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:43 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:
I really dont get why people here dont like medicine. Pure prodigy track in every way. I think it could better as a single than any of the realesed so far.

I like Medicine very much, but I honestly don't see it as a possible single, even though i wouldn't exclude it. You already know what i would exclude. ;)
It's a bit like Destroy, amazing track, but maybe not so apt to be a single. Anyway, we'll see....

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
The way I see it, Destroy or Medicine are the ideal next singles after RB. RB clears the way in the charts first, so everyone actually wants to hear the next one from The Prodigy. And this time, it would be a proper The Prodigy track.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 pm
sado1 wrote:
RB clears the way in the charts first

I don't understand the following things:

1. people calling it the new no good
2. thinking RB will chart
3. thinking the current EDM kids will love this
4. thinking dj's will drop this in their set

I highly doubt it will have any impact :-|

About medicine: the beat is sick, but the flute and the lyrics aren't so catchy as say, Poison

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
NEOREV wrote:
I like Rhythm Bomb
It's the right choice for their next single
It's the only track on the new album with crossover appeal with the current EDM scene
It's a smart move
I don't understand the hate and this track would be a banger if they dropped it live

fuck that overhyped "EDM scene" - do we care about it? Liam claims he's not interested in that scene.. I really don't understand the way he picks the singles.. It's obvious that the fans like tunes like Rebel Radio, Roadblox, Destroy, Medicine or Rok-weiler.. Those track would be way more successful as singles with proper videos.. Instead of those the band released the shitties track Wildfrontier and now the second worst on the album Rhythm Bomb.. the videos have been even worse.

I am not a moaner - I love the album it's pretty good but their release policy is absurd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:03 am
Wild Frontier was the most obvious single. Catchy, well produced.
In hindsight, the singles make total sense, except RB.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:59 am
Jr wrote:

Agree

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Jr wrote:

Exactly. My opinion on the tracks aside, I think the singles choice so far was the only logical one even if I didn't really agree with that at the time when they were released. Nasty and WF were too weak to make us believe it's going to be a good album, because barely anything could be good enough after waiting for 6 years and getting numerous delays. That's why Liam decided to let us hear the title track so early.

I still think RB is worth a try. Might be liked by the EDM masses, even if my feeling is that it's too hard for a radio/TV anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Rebel Radio is the best and most obvious single choice. :bitch:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:21 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Rebel Radio is the best and most obvious single choice. :bitch:

agreed, but i think it's not going to happen due to the firestarter-like beats. too obvious

although i have no fking idea why it's not played live

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm
Rebel radio is the coolest tune, but it is not that catchy, the vocals are sometimes inaudible and overall it's a bit chaotic.
Nasty and wild frontier are more polished and 'radio friendly'.

RR is probably the best tune for prodigy fans though :D

Offline Profile