<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Get Your Fight On 26/3/15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
loving it actually!

Yeah it is lazy to use the beat, but the end result is pretty fun. Better than hospital itself. The Guitar just sounds good

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:14 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Jr wrote:
loving it actually!

Yeah it is lazy to use the beat, but the end result is pretty fun. Better than hospital itself. The Guitar just sounds good

Really? I think TMTTH is 10x better tbh

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 74Location: UkraineJoined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am
"Get Your Fight On" is better than "Take Me To The Hospital" form me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Respecting all the opinions of the members of this forum, but I think that Take Me To The Hospital is thousand times superior to Get Your Fight On. First instance is less messy and has more precise structure. It sounds more original, it is a mix of old-skool rave bringing back the old sound. Get Your Fight On has a really cool sound, but musically speaking and structurally speaking is poor, it's just chaotic in my opinion. It's a shame, because, as already said, the sound is cool, but the music? Meh….

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:48 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
Respecting all the opinions of the members of this forum, but I think that Take Me To The Hospital is thousand times superior to Get Your Fight On. First instance is less messy and has more precise structure. It sounds more original, it is a mix of old-skool rave bringing back the old sound. Get Your Fight On has a really cool sound, but musically speaking and structurally speaking is poor, it's just chaotic in my opinion. It's a shame, because, as already said, the sound is cool, but the music? Meh….

Let me reprase it too: despite being super unoriginal and lazy, I just like gyfo more because it is more catchy for me. Especially the breakdown at the end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
It is lazy for copying and pasting the drums, bass and cowbell pretty much, but god damn i love it. Just feels like an extension or continuation of TMTTH. I can't say if it's better than TMTTH yet as its too soon, but that was my favourite on IMD, but there are so many better tracks on this album. Hmmm, i dunno. Someone mash them together to make one massive track please. Thanks! :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:17 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 25Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 pm
I liked TMTTH when IMD first came out but to be honest it has started to grate on me. The cartoonish 'feel' of that tune doesn't do it for me anymore. It's fun in a disposable, frivolous sort of way but I rarely search it out when in need of a Prodigy fix.

GYFO on the other hand sounds bloody epic - that sweeping guitar sample that drops in at the start is something else - I can't explain it - it not only sounds like it means business, but there is something about GYFO that stirs me up like no other Prodigy tune. Yes, it's simplistic (structurally), and yes, it 'borrows' elements from TMTTH - but I don't care - I love this track (one of my favourite tunes now - on any of their albums) - much more that TMTTH. I don't agree that GYFO is chaotic at all - it's actually structurally very simple - which is its great strength. Simple yet more effective (in my opinion) than than the sequences on TMTTH. Never has the phrase 'less is more' been more apt. The opening section on GYFO makes my hairs stand on end.

Somebody on this forum described this track as 'making them feel drunk - without actually drinking.' I know what they mean. This track makes me feel 'high' - literally as soon as that opening guitar (almost euphoric) riff drops. Like one of the posters above, I also love the breakdown in GYFO - the initial synths that float in and then the actual build-up - the whole thing is perfect. In case you haven't noticed, I absolutely love GYFO - been playing it incessantly - definitely one to blast out in the car. One of the highlights of the album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I actually love the fact that Liam copy and past old elements to create new elements. My problem with GYFO is just about how it flows. It doesn't flow so easily to me, even though I have to say that it is a bit growing on me than before.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 25Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:09 pm
TMTTH of one of three "highlights" on the IMD record but GYFO to my ears is the better of the two tracks!

Hope liam does it for a third time (the TMTTH trilogy) and one up's GYFO! :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:31 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 369Location: FranceJoined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 am
Liam released them the wrong way

You get in a fight and then you go to the hospital, not the opposite :angel:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Prefer Take Me To The Hospital way more .... but it would be fun to have a hybrid of both tunes :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Jr wrote:
loving it actually!

hmm not sure if it's laziness or lack of appreciation for the previous work..
Anyhow i dig that tune a lot too and i'm glad Liam used these elements to recreate it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:39 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
I'm with you
this is better than TMTTH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:33 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Not a big fan of the track, but I came in here specifically about the video, which I didn't notice till now.

Is it the worst Prodigy music video ever made?

A couple of bizarre shots of them looking confused in a forest while they've just filmed a gig?

Absolutely terrible - they've done plenty of vids with gigs, Spitfire especially springs to mind, but that was a great video by comparison, and it captured the energy.

This was...woeful.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:00 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
Not a big fan of the track, but I came in here specifically about the video, which I didn't notice till now.

Is it the worst Prodigy music video ever made?

A couple of bizarre shots of them looking confused in a forest while they've just filmed a gig?

Absolutely terrible - they've done plenty of vids with gigs, Spitfire especially springs to mind, but that was a great video by comparison, and it captured the energy.

This was...woeful.

It's great that you've got that off your chest and I agree, it is a bad video! In fact, it's about the only thing I hate about this TDIME era.

The video was first mentioned here.

Offline Profile