<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 4  ~  The Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:31 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Joey wrote:
Are any genres excluded from the competition? (i.e. would I be allowed to make a dance, DnB or ambient tune?)

I'm still thinking to include a piano concert, but that would push it slightly too far...

I know how you feel i got a sweet dance tune done with piano improvisation on the end..sounds sweet and tender, but the beats are hard enough to do your move on in the club. It gets me confused wether to cry or to make a move on it xD

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
Jr wrote:
Necronomicon2 wrote:
Jr wrote:
Yay! Let's go!
wooh a necronomicon2 new tune...sweeeeet :D
I f***ing loved your volume 2 entry

You abandonned reason tho i hope? no way could reason be any harder than what you squeezed out of it

Hey man, long time no see! Whats up? :-D
No. I haven't abandonned reason just yet. But I do use a lot of other stuff in combination these days. Loads and loads of VST filters, they really help to pump the reason sound to the next level.

Just lurkin..... ;)
I abandonned the thin sweet sound and moved on to fat lard. But still with a touch of melody...Oh wait you mean personally? yeah good man ;-D

How about you?

Can't complain :-D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Joey wrote:
Are any genres excluded from the competition?

I guess no.
I'm sure that most people here would prefer big clock,breaks ect but i suggest you to send a track at a style you love most.That way you'll show the 100% of you/and at the same time you'll have more fun..thats the point (Oh yes it is the prices too :wink: ) it is your choise mate. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:52 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
So i guess the roads open to the odd freak-folk track??? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:13 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 568Location: U.S. of A.Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
I'm throwing my hat into the ring this time :twisted:

I have a 2006 track that's perfect. It's a little dated so I'm going to touch it up and send it over. I'm excited :-D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
can we send a vocal track?
can we send 2 tracks?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:11 pm
shall we make a tune together? ;-)

Necronomicon2 wrote:
Jr wrote:
Necronomicon2 wrote:
Jr wrote:
Yay! Let's go!

You abandonned reason tho i hope? no way could reason be any harder than what you squeezed out of it

No. I haven't abandonned reason just yet. But I do use a lot of other stuff in combination these days. Loads and loads of VST filters, they really help to pump the reason sound to the next level.

Just lurkin..... ;)
I abandonned the thin sweet sound and moved on to fat lard. But still with a touch of melody...Oh wait you mean personally? yeah good man ;-D

How about you?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:11 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
Jr wrote:
shall we make a tune together? ;-)

Necronomicon2 wrote:
Jr wrote:
Necronomicon2 wrote:
Jr wrote:
Yay! Let's go!

Just lurkin..... ;)

How about you?

Yea, because that worked really well last time :P :-D We'll have to check that out some time. But for this comp I'll be going solo....somewhat :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:45 pm
yeah I do not even remember how that went :D

I'll go solo too. I want that price all for me ;)

Now i wonder if i need to go with the warning-esque stomper tune i'm making or the dreamy dance tune

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 137Location: Essex, UKJoined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:25 pm
One final question from me (I hope) - When you say "no samples", do you mean we have to make the track using only VSTi?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:52 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 6Location: Poland/GdanskJoined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm
There could be some hardware to win ya know like electric guitar ect. :P

Joey wrote:
One final question from me (I hope) - When you say "no samples", do you mean we have to make the track using only VSTi?

I`m not a judge here, but I think that it means that you can`t use commercial samples but can use for example Reason libraries, your own samples (if you got equipment) ect.

Although with drums it`s almost impossible to recognize (if you cut it) if it`s a commercial stuff or not so if I remember correctly it`s fully legal to use them (drums are not copyrighted). => correct me if I`m wrong.

Last edited by VeiN on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
VeiN wrote:
wern't u on a prodigy forum before :lol: i've seen u about before?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:10 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 6Location: Poland/GdanskJoined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm
We`ve met at music playground for sure ;). I was at bk forum before new forum was launched.

PS You still owe me a track that you wanted to enter to MP2 competition :P (seriously I`d like to hear it)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
VeiN wrote:
We`ve met at music playground for sure ;). I was at bk forum before new forum was launched.

PS You still owe me a track that you wanted to enter to MP2 competition :P (seriously I`d like to hear it)
ah yeah drop it down, yeah i'll get that for u straight away mate. shame i missed the damn times, but honestly :P its a bomb.

u could drop me some of your tracks if its ok :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 137Location: Essex, UKJoined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:25 pm
VeiN wrote:

Joey wrote:

I`m not a judge here, but I think that it means that you can`t use commercial samples but can use for example Reason libraries, your own samples (if you got equipment) ect.

Although with drums it`s almost impossible to recognize (if you cut it) if it`s a commercial stuff or not so if I remember correctly it`s fully legal to use them (drums are not copyrighted). => correct me if I`m wrong.

Ah I see what the OP meant now, thanks for the help!