<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 4  ~  The Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:33 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 52Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:21 pm
Were you not supposed to give away who makes which track ? :) As I recall, previous entries were anonymous, in order to avoid biased voting. Now, guess what, I know two tracks already ! :-D

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:50 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 516Location: On your roof stealing your chimneyJoined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 pm
Wasn't in the rules! Besides, I don't think people are gonna vote for me because they like me, I'm relatively unknown in this forum.

Necronomicon2 wrote:
Wow, people sending their tracks already?! I'm probably gonna be working on it right up until the deadline....like back at school, where you waited until the very last moment to do the work....or something like that anyway.

Meh, I wrote the track a while ago but mixed it properly the other day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Gruia wrote:
Were you not supposed to give away who makes which track ? :) As I recall, previous entries were anonymous, in order to avoid biased voting. Now, guess what, I know two tracks already ! :-D

:shock:
the track i posted up is just an example, im remaking it from scratch i aint loading up cubase and changing sounds im doing the whole thing again :)

infact i aint even using cubase or FL or anything, im using audiacity (sound recorder) and some vst's :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:42 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 52Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:21 pm
Agreed man, but I'll know it's yours because you will have next to no beats in it ! :-D

Anyway, good luck to all ! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:50 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 9Location: BucharestJoined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:02 pm
thx for the link ;)

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:30 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 426Location: spainJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
jugo wrote:
send that 'war' track you did coggs, or something similar. that was cool mate. just you cogging out on the synths with no beats. would definitely be a good addition
well im recreating that for mftjg 4 :P i'll post the first version here as an example track i guess :P
Code:
   http://rapidshare.com/files/83233976/WAR__The_Demo_.mp3.html

messed up some of the synth cause it was live play but not to worry it sounds great :)

made it a while ago back in like september 07 but im gonna remake it still with no beats :P

Maaaaan, it's amaaazing , what a sound , can't wait to hear a full version !

What a syntline , did u use some pc programs for that sound ?

Simply amazing !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:30 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 6Location: Poland/GdanskJoined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm
Joey wrote:

Personally (up to you of course) I think you should put it onto your myspace before entering it, some people might be able to hear mistakes you miss. That's what I've done anyway :P

Actually, would anyone be against me creating a new thread where people can post their unfinished entries for constructive criticism?

Myspace doeasn`t have the proper quality (96 KBPS) to hear mistakes :roll: and some mistakes might occur while listening to it with only 96 kbps due to file compression.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3825Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
gonna send a track to this one. can't wait. bringing back that old school BK forum vibe. i'm torn between which track to send. different vibes. i can definitely saying the forum feels alive. can't wait to hear music from some old friends and experience what the new blood will throw into the mix.

good luck to all, time to rock!

oh and thanks to those people who enjoyed my older work, gonna have a site up real soon with all those tracks spanning that era to download. oh and some older crap i promised DIMS way way way back in the day. sorry for the wait.

8-)

-NR-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:26 am
GruntGruntPosts: 6Location: Poland/GdanskJoined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm
I`ve just started to work on something but I`m not sure if I`m gonna enter it, depends on the time to make it move with proper energy and clearance. WTF this competition couldn`t be in March when I have more time :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
Damn dudes, all of a sudden I have like 20 million other things to do. That's the problem when you work full time and play in a band. But I'm gonna send in whatever I have by the 25th anyways, this is to good a chance to mis out on. Even if it's just to let people know you are still alive.

And this whole 'no samples' is a bit of a problem. Some music just needs to have samples, and searching for them is part of the fun. I've been recording some things with a couple of friends, we'll just have to seen how it turns out :-D Anyone have a shit load of royalty free samples? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:28 am
GruntGruntPosts: 12Location: Far Far AwayJoined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm
cant we push the date to early februari? i hate having a week left and no firm base for a track to release yet :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Joined up a bit late mate! Better get working hard! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:48 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
Fiddles wrote:
cant we push the date to early februari? i hate having a week left and no firm base for a track to release yet :roll:

Deadline isn't untill 25th of Febuary:

BRAINKILLER wrote:

:: Last date to send in your track is February 25th

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:41 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 948Location: AmsterdamJoined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:12 pm
There's a competition on blackoutaudio.co.uk with the same deadline
prize is a release on vinyl plus other promotion
mostly aimed at stomping dancefloor techno shit if there's anyone dealing with that kind of stuff

i love it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 12Location: Far Far AwayJoined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm
Necronomicon2 wrote:
Deadline isn't untill 25th of Febuary:

damn i thought i saw januari. thanks :) this really helps

tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime, is on my siiiide. yes it is 8-)