<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 4  ~  Cover Albums: If i can help?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Boubafeet wrote:
Ok i am a fuckin shit in music but i like every BK albums, and i want to participate activelly on the new one.

So as i am not too bad in photoshop i will do a cover for the album with some friends that are in a art school.

Here is a first idea i had for Gehst noch (artist on BK rec), tell me your feedback:

Maybe you could replace the fly and draw a mecanical insect (like the FOTL logo) or maybee something like that..:wink: :wink: :wink:
http://www.linkinn.com/_Mechanical_Insects
or something like the insect of the Vclip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYdbVIryqPA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:33 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
VOL4 cover? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:28 am
Checkout the Italian poster for Escape From New York. So badass 8-) Dims could do something along these lines for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
I have to say, I like BigShugars ideas on this matter. Could be really good...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:33 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
it has to be said: filmposters do make good artwork.

how about propaganda stuff?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:57 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 12Location: Far Far AwayJoined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm
find something new... :?

the cover is too assualt, too 50s.. the futuristic style that we know from prodigy myspace :? plus, its a theme we already saw in early releases. i saw the cover contestants for a fake prodigy album.. all guns and army stuff. fuck that

i say
do something thats experimental like the music, its not we want to be 'look at us, fuck you we are the soldiers of a long gone bigbeat era' it only limits us in our creativity... if it doesnt sound in your face and provoking its a shit track? what is the criteria for music from the jilted generation?

think.

what images do i get from hearing older mftjg volumes? soundwaves peaking the landscape of a sick dark world with all sorts of colors in it... not just camouflage, or red and black! a twisted view on a world with endless possibilities... strange creatures, wicked pointy clouds that seem to cut in the night sky which bleeds thunder and lightning in bright colors...

i would make it wide, make it epic. something so otherworldy its rejecting, yet so beautifully unusual it attracts the listener to the darker side. inviting, yet scary and mystical. just like the music. endless.

war is a theme which only limits you in the style. we are the creators of the fucking new underground music... there is no war unless you start one, right? we should be the one creating, not instigating...its a sign of weakness to have a certain cover style thats already done.

oh well. just my opinion. hope you people dont mind me talking like this... im new, i know but i just wanted to let you people know :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
u know fiddles damn your right in my opinion, we shouldn't be prodigy wanna be's cause there aint gonna be another prodigy. we should do our own style and do our own things, i think this version of Jilted should be unique, we can't say its unique because its a prodigy style.

if we make music they should be our own style, not attempted prodigy style and the same goes for the album cover, we shouldn't do all this 50's sci fi stuff because the prodigy done it, we should come up with somthing better i say.

i agree with fiddles 100%

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:19 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Well reading the reactions I can't but agree 100% with both Fiddles and Cogglesz :shock:

Don't limit yourself musically and in terms of style. We are unique, not a rip of or copy or trend followers! (at least the music makers :lol: )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:36 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 12Location: Far Far AwayJoined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm
thanks cogglesz and mightypoo! :-D

did other people actually read what i wanted to point out? i think its important to share opinion on that topic :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
indeed!

something original....

dark/sexy/beauty
but not a prodigy rip.

how about something eastern?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2082Location: AlaskaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 pm
Wish I could pitch in...I saw my name get mentioned a few times...I am really busy working on art for BROKE Recordings (The Autobots)....and also a comic based on a Trickster legend....

Otherwise I would try to contribute something.

Hopefully by next year I will have Reason, and can contribute some tuneage and art combined.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:30 am
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:25 pm
Jericho-X wrote:
How about inverting that picture.... switch the white & black ...? :wink: :twisted:

-->> Edit: did it myself:

You got my vote bud :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:34 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Ummmmm....guys?

As cool as that artwork is, it's too similar to the recent Prodge themes. The rules that BK laid out for the contest should extend to the cover design as well:

Quote:
:: No remixes, samples, covers, nothing Prodigy related please

So in my opinion it's good to think outside the circle and maybe consider something more original.

I can help out with this now, too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i aint got a cover for you guys cuz im shit at them (myspace looks proove it lol) but i have a suggestion if it could help anyone wanting somthing a bit original but unique and simple at the same time. it doesn't need to be pure photoshop stuff, get out and take pictures then take it back to the photoshop lab.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2082Location: AlaskaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 pm
Lol....RruStY TaaPs...

(Salad Fingers)
lol

Offline Profile WWW