<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 4  ~  Cover Albums: If i can help?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 938Location: France, ParisJoined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 am
Ok i am a fuckin shit in music but i like every BK albums, and i want to participate activelly on the new one.

So as i am not too bad in photoshop i will do a cover for the album with some friends that are in a art school.

Here is a first idea i had for Gehst noch (artist on BK rec), tell me your feedback:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
great idea, nice work but it's too simple for me. this one doesnt have this dark mood that brainkiller has

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:16 pm
Much like the short-lived "white forum", it's too bright. We need some dark shit... I mean the whole site's logo is a skull with a butcher knife in the head people! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
How about inverting that picture.... switch the white & black ...? :wink: :twisted:

-->> Edit: did it myself:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:53 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 938Location: France, ParisJoined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 am
Yeah i had the project to do a thing more dark, it is just an idea. And it was for Gehst noch who are a more colored in their logo...

Anyway i like the invert colors. I will do something different for the cover i need to talk to my friends if they can design something.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:12 am
It needs more of a theme. Like the old one that came out in the original AONO -era had a sort of war/guns theme iirc.

I'm picturing in my head a cover more along the lines of the films The Warriors, Escape From New York, or The Host. A sort of gang/wasteland theme... or like people coming out of the sewers from the 'underground' to take over.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Nice design, boubafeet, but I have to agree with bigsugar. The album could do with a good theme.

Not too sure about the skull design, either. Yeah it's BK's avatar but it's also the logo of BK-Recs, and I'm not sure if this contest is affiliated with them or not. (hoping for the latter, btw)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
Guys, don't really a question about covers, but I did not want to open a new thread for this one question, but where exactly can I get the previous tree Music From The Jilted Generation discs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 pm
©@rm4g3dd0n wrote:
Guys, don't really a question about covers, but I did not want to open a new thread for this one question, but where exactly can I get the previous tree Music From The Jilted Generation discs?

I will sent you when i if find the time to upload theim.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:03 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Something a bit more classy than cheap horror I'd say.

I like it a lot boubafeet. Looks sweet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:55 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
Boubafeet wrote:
©@rm4g3dd0n wrote:

I will sent you when i if find the time to upload theim.

YEA! Somebody upload the first 3 volumes. I can't find volume 1 anywhere and I'm missing some tracks on volume 2 :?

This might also give people an idea of what the whole thing is about! It explains better than words you know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:46 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
HA!!! Yes, totally forgot about that there :-D ...haven't been there for eons.

Check: http://www.brainkiller.it/public/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50482#50482

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:25 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
Bigsugar's Concept is quite intriguing... my track will have quite a instrumental "hip hop" sound actually wich fits his idea like a tuxedo :lol:

So who are the main graphical "arteets" on this forum? Could Dims come up with something? :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 am
Blacklabel wrote:
Bigsugar's Concept is quite intriguing... my track will have quite a instrumental "hip hop" sound actually wich fits his idea like a tuxedo :lol:

So who are the main graphical "arteets" on this forum? Could Dims come up with something? :P

Yeah Dims could draw something sick 8-)