<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 4  ~  vol4 style

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:59 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 12Location: Far Far AwayJoined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm
what are the limits? is there a direction? are there rules to this contest? (besides the ones posted on the rules thread.)

ive heard the volumes and im curious... so many styles, so many influences. its great! but what defines a music from the jilted generation track? what is the energy were looking for? what seperates vol1 from vol2Z? and what about 3? you can't put a lable on them :shock:

my vision is ofcourse music that is very different from the regular music. influenced by great artists in the past which meant a lot to alternative music. chemical brothers, prodigy, name them! but we all share a common thought: originality is undiscovered plagiatry. i heard that one on tv but i love that quote. as long as it got the energy and personality, its good. its underground, and its all dark. i love that

im just curious,

...so post your thoughts!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
vol 2 had more crazy style shit which was great.

actually....i think vol 2 was pretty damn defining. It took bk away from dark 2001-ish internet breakbeat feel to a more original style

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
I'm twisting my head inside out......never gonna get a track finished in time :shock: Bah............................. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
the style should be what ever your most comftable writting with, wether its some crazy hardcore shit or some chilled material its all ok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:26 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
As long as it sounds firm and solid and every track has some cool and/or wicked style going on, I would probably love it. I love most of the tracks on all volumes, and I'm very looking forward what to hear this time.

As long as it's not a ripoff Prodigy thing and the artist had a clear vision, and you can feel and hear that in the track... it's good. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 375Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm
As long as it has a good vibe......and yes, a 'good vibe' is undefinable. It must hit some emotion and be a little original.....or really really good. :-D