<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 4  ~  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOLUME 4

VOTE FOR THE BEST VOLUME 4 TRACK
Poll ended at Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:29 pm

01. High Voltage - Evidently Chickentown
22%
[ 17 ] 22%

02. Grinny Grandad - Black, White & Ginger
16%
[ 13 ] 16%

03. Fusion - Saadhu
3%
[ 2 ] 3%

04. Aquila - White chocolate
5%
[ 4 ] 5%

05. Cogglesz - The Vain Star
30%
[ 24 ] 30%

06. Lothario - Why Won't You Die
3%
[ 2 ] 3%

07. Baltars Dream - Apocalypse girl
3%
[ 2 ] 3%

08. Kolano vs Alien Prophecies - Get Ready
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

09. Necronomicon2 - WIXKID
6%
[ 5 ] 6%

10. Jesse Gorter - The Demon Princess
4%
[ 3 ] 4%

11. Spencer - Avengers
9%
[ 7 ] 9%

12. SenadB - Punk
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Total votes : 79
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
After a good few listens:

Black, white and ginger/Avengers have grown on me. The later with that heavy beat... Sweet. The first is just a really feel good tune, you could easily imagine it being played in clubs. It would be a damn site better than the amount of pish that gets played!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
I'm sorry but I haven't read anything about Kolano's track. I think this track is shit. :?

You see, it's nice to have some variation on the BK volume for diversity, but it seems TOO out of place. I actually think it's the worst track on this release. It's not really... special. Not for a BK release to me anyway. :(

What's rap doing on this album? Is it because Prodigy decided to include a rap/hiphop tune in albums on FotL and AONO so we (BK) should do it as well?

I think it's the one decision for the album I honestly don't get. Could someone explain me why it's on there? Is it because subwoofer didn't include a tune? Sorry for being a little offensive but I skipped this track from the start, but now I listened to it... Man. What a odd track for 'Prodigy-influenced' underground music. :?

EDIT: Forgot to mention it has zero votes at the time I'm posting this message. It seems the other listeners can't be bothered with this track as well? :?:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
this is why i opened my influences tread

if u look there u'll see im the only one with a prodigy track influence :? :?

its really weird cuz thats the only thing the bk album is suposed to be about, the prodigy influnce and thats simply because this is the brainkiller forums a prodigy fan site

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:03 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 179Location: York, UKJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm
I voted for Kolono's track based on the production. Like I said earlier on in this thread (or it might have been another thread, dunno), I got bored listening to tracks theat the production weren't up to much, whereas the better produced ones grabbed me. I still think its at the higher end of the best produced tracks on this album.

My votes were nothing to do with "which tracks are most influenced by Prodigy". I voted purely on tracks I liked.

Black White and Ginger is, in my ears, the least-prodigy sounding track on there! I just like the prodigy. I am not influenced by them. Much. I'm influenced more by the Beatles!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Piehands wrote:
I voted for Kolono's track based on the production. Like I said earlier on in this thread (or it might have been another thread, dunno), I got bored listening to tracks theat the production weren't up to much, whereas the better produced ones grabbed me. I still think its at the higher end of the best produced tracks on this album.

Yeah man,i can understand that you're feD up with "low/decent/or ok" productions but i don't think that the production is more important than composition/diversity on structure ect...Production is very important.It is the "prestigue" or the "last magic touch" that can make a sweet project taste like shit or a shit project taste like sweet but i'm not targeting just there.
i'm targeting to the whole vibe/atmosphere of a project.

I also agree that Kolanos production was the best(or even the second/third best) but it wasn't my style really.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
agreed thats like saying if britney spears submitted a track she'd be the automatic winner :lol: :lol:

but yeah production is a big thing

but so is the vibe, music is ment to be enjoyed not made to pick out every lil mistake made inside the track

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
I agree with mightypoo on this one. I've listened too that track for roughly 1 minute and skipped it. Just not my cup of tea at all.

I can see the other piehands point of view though. At least it's not just some Monotonous tune, it does add a bit of variety that none of the previous volumes have had.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Mightypoo wrote:
What's rap doing on this album? Is it because Prodigy decided to include a rap/hiphop tune in albums on FotL and AONO so we (BK) should do it as well?

No no no no fucking NO! Where on earth are you getting this logic? The track list you see is the result of votes from the entrants. Highest votes listed first and so on. Nothing more, nothing less. Look and see for yourself...

Yeah, Rap's not my favourite genre either, but I voted for it because I appreciated the production and composition value. Your whole theory that it's in the album because Prodigy did rap tracks on their albums too is just plain fucking stupid. Sorry man, but it just is.

It should be pretty obvious that by the votes from the contest entrants vs the BK community means different groups of people appreciate different things in music. My track got 22 votes in the contest but only 4 votes here...should it be removed because not many people like that style? It's certainly not up there because "Prodigy did it too".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
"Punk" got zero votes as well, so what's the point in saying "Oh Kolano's track has no votes, so it shouldn't be on the compilation." your logic doesn't make sense to me either. and the voting system is for the best track on the CD, so Kolano's track may be better than most of the entrants, it's just not the best amongst the winning tracks. so that's a bad argument.

and Brainkiller himself stated he didn't want another batch of Prodigy/Chemical Bros rip offs. this contest was meant to push the bar, break boundaries, show our diversity, show skills, show maturity, etc. etc. etc. blah, blah blah.

i always thought the idea of voting for tracks that sound good together on a CD was a major flaw in the voting process. this isn't a DJ mix here, this is a COMPILATION OF DIFFERENT ARTISTS AND STYLES. it was about showing our range and welcoming all styles of electronic music... and hip hop is a form of electronic music, for the haters. so wake up.

i didn't vote for songs because they sounded like The Prodigy, i voted for songs that were GOOD. and i voted for Kolano's track as well.

and Kolano's is one of the better tracks, hence why people voted for it. so just because it isn't to your liking (because i'm sure we all have a song or two that ain't one of our picks on this compilation) don't rip them for it. between this topic and the "we hate a loop Liam gratefully put up for us for the hell of it" topic, there's too much whining and bitching going on in the BK community.

this isn't an argument on talent being started, it's an argument about people's tastes.

here's a lesson for all...
PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES, IF SOMEONE'S TASTES DON'T MATCH YOURS... OH WELL, TOUGH! get over it. it ain't the end of the world, it's actually natural in some parts.

and this is one of the better compilations because of the different styles represented.

so cheers to the winners!

let's all have a drink, a smoke, or whatever it is that makes you calm, happy, and relaxed.

enjoy the day.

to the haters, bring it on for VOLUME 5!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Jesus, what Neorev said is EXACTLY what I wanted to say. :lol:

Plus, this:

But, if the entrant's submissions are so diverse, why the fuck make a composition of the tracks with the most votes anyway? Why not give people the chance to make their own (personal best of) compilation of all the tracks? In the past, I liked a lot of tracks that didn't make it to the BK Volumes.

It seems I (we) missed out on 38 tracks because of this voting system and I'm sure one of them will be good enough for me to replace Kolano. Yeah I have to agree (and therefor admit) the production and the the arrangementa are great on Get Ready. But that's also the case with loads of shit commercial rap and hiphop, but where's the energy & creativity in between the great production? :lol:

Will I ever be able to get a hold of those other tracks? Or will we simply forget about them, just like with Vol 1, 2 and 3?

Last edited by Agent Orange on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:53 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 179Location: York, UKJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm
Back 2 Back is the best track.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:34 pm
Piehands wrote:

See what I mean? Fuck knows what it sounds like. Only the ones who were able to vote for all submissions know what it sounds like. Who were the first batch of voters, if I may ask?

Oh well. I have Kolano instead. :lol: Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:46 pm
Mightypoo and coggles msn chat wrote:
Colin(L)Nea(F) says:
i won :D
[LEZ] Fuck 'm, and their lol says:
I knew
you won a fucking copy
so you got the ORIGINAL KOLANO TRACK :F
Fuck yeah I'm happy for you
hahahah
(F)Colin(L)Nea(F) says:
:: still have to make pics of the prize, but they are 2 long sleeve 1995 Poison Tour era, a book and various things Prodigy related
You must want to let all your friends take a good listen:P
FUCK THE REST skip to track 8. That's all we need YOP bitch what up nigga yo yo
hahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Piehands wrote:

hmm i won't repeat what i said earlier :p
I did like "cybernoize" tho of the tunes that did not make it. And magic lamp :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:02 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
Mightypoo and coggles msn chat wrote:
Colin(L)Nea(F) says:
i won :D
I knew
you won a fucking copy
so you got the ORIGINAL KOLANO TRACK :F
Fuck yeah I'm happy for you
hahahah
(F)Colin(L)Nea(F) says:
:: still have to make pics of the prize, but they are 2 long sleeve 1995 Poison Tour era, a book and various things Prodigy related
You must want to let all your friends take a good listen:P
FUCK THE REST skip to track 8. That's all we need YOP bitch what up nigga yo yo
hahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My girlfriend is black and I find this offensive. I am never coming to this forum again.

Good day!