<  INVADERS MUST DIE REMIXES CONTEST  ~  CONTEST - DEADLINE POSTPONED TO APRIL 6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm

DEADLINE POSTPONED TO APRIL 6th

Simple rules, cool prizes, strong community we have here so if you are a music maker, join us and submit your Invaders must die remix.

RULES:

1. This is a non commercial release so you can use any sample you want, as soon as you name your sources.
2. You can remix any track from Invaders Must Die album AND The lost beats.
3. Plenty of that free time? You can submit up to 2 remixes.
4. Remix must contain at least one major element from original track. Be it sampled or reconstructed.
5. Existing fan remixes should not be entered. Write something new please.
6. Entries should be submitted as 192 Kbps 16bit 44.1khz mp3 files.
7. Do not post your remix on thee forum, your site or myspace until contest ends please
8. Deadline to submit your remix: 31.03.2009

HOW TO SUBMIT:

Please email us your remix to contest@brainkiller.it
Include your nickname you registered on the forum please.

HOW DO WE VOTE:

You'll see a dedicated section on the forum, where all the remixes will be uploaded on April 1st. Only entrants will vote for the best remixes, then the public will choose the best one of them.

TIPS:

* Don't be too quick to send your remix, you have 1 full month to work on it. But don't wait the very last day to submit your remix as you could be left out from the contest. Last hour or the day after deadline entries might not be accepted.
* Whatch your volume! Be sure your remix is not too loud or too slow

ENTRY EXAMPLE:

I know sounds stupid but I have to do this as previous contest people submitted entries like

"hey here is my track. yeah"
attached file track.mp3

Please make your entry be like:

Artist:
Forum nickname:
attached file "Colours - DJDuck Remix"

ARTWORK?

There will be a contest for the best artwork also. If you're not a music maker but good at photoshop, submit your artwork for this remixes album. Also remixers can submit their artwork if they want to

THE PRIZE?:

Have to take pics of them prizes but they are lots of live dvds, books, shirts...

Last edited by BRAINKILLER on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Hell yeah!!! Let's kick some original ass!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
How about a topic here where we can download the original samples of the tracks? We must know about most of them by now....?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Jericho-X wrote:
How about a topic here where we can download the original samples of the tracks? We must know about most of them by now....?

yeah, make one
this forum is dedicated to the contest only

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 495Location: Belfast, IrelandJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm
yeah man im gonna do a really Experimental one!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 893Location: Québec (Montréal)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am
aight :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:00 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 893Location: Québec (Montréal)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am
Entries should be submitted as 192 Kbps 16bit 44.1khz mp3 files.

What?? whats the problem with 320 Kbps

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Nothing's wrong with 320. But to keep things uniformed, and considering there are some people who can't upload a file that big, the size/quality ratio of a 192kbps mp3 is acceptable for sharing/judging purposes.

I suppose you could release a 320kbps version afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 289Location: GermanyJoined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 pm
i'll give it a go, i think...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 263Location: MacedoniaJoined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:09 am
I'm not the most experienced in music-making, but i could try and tinker around with Ableton for tis one, don't count me as a favourite for the prizes though :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Woo, I can't wait to hear some of these remixes. I'd enter, but I pretty much have no musical talent at all :lol: I'll have a bash at the artwork or something.

I bet Molotov Beats is happy :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
Cool. I will give this a try. :)

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:37 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 533Location: Essex, UKJoined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Nice length of time to make the remix and also I'm happy to see that you can enter two remixes

cheers BK :-D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:21 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
If I have the time, I'll do this shit. We'll see. :)

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:30 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 263Location: MacedoniaJoined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:09 am
Does a mash-up count as a remix? Coz' i got this excellent idea with which song to mix WD. :twisted: