<  MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL 5  ~  Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
My only thing is that the tags in this download are a little funky and two of the tracks are 256kbps and the rest are 320kbps.

I think we should go the Bandcamp route to avoid any hosting issues and to allow people the option to download in the file format of their choice for free download.

BK, if you want I would gladly take the reigns on this and create a Brainkiller page that I can give you the info for and transfer to you.

I would just need all of the artists to submit their tune to me in either WAV or FLAC for Bandcamp uploading purposes.

I also dug the idea of various artwork for individual tracks and loved Aquila's Swim Fish art. What if, beside the voted cover art, each track could have individual art pertaining to that track. Bandcamp allows bonus downloads and we could put the art files in there as a little add on.

Just some ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Oh, and for Bandcamp I would need a banner for the page if someone could whip it up...

here's the info for what's needed...
975 pixels wide, 40-180 pixels tall, .jpg, .gif or .png, 2mb max

With Bandcamp, we will never have to worry about links going down and we will be able track where people are downloading the comp from and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:46 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 179Location: York, UKJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm
Sounds good to me. Let me know where to send the wav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Piehands wrote:
Sounds good to me. Let me know where to send the wav

+11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
no bandcamp facebook and co sorry.
Keep it oldschool, this is a BK crew release and the video on youtube is more than enough.

If we move to some social network, this forum is going to die soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
BRAINKILLER wrote:
Keep it oldschool

word 2 da mf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 pm
oh alright, i see what you say about Facebook and stuff

but Bandcamp isn't a social network... it's only a hosting site
you would still have to promote the link here, it wouldn't be taking away anything

it's like saying the mega link your hosting the release on is taking away from the site. it's just a tool for people to download the music.

i would think it would help attract more people who don't know about the site or contest, especially if tagged properly.

i understand the whole Facebook thing...
but Bandcamp is nothing like that

i've gotten over 5,000 plays and nearly a 1,000 downloads with Bandcamp... and that came from me having to post and promote the links in forums, blogs, and on sites.

there's no discussion board, fan connect, or social aspect

but this is Brainkiller, so i'll respect how you wanna handle it