<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2023

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:46 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
JimbQ wrote:
UK Tour happening in November 2023. I only know that the Birmingham date will be 23rd November, so assume other cities will be either side of this.

I wonder what the deal with be for London appearances given Brixton currently not an option. It could be back on by November but obviously they will want certainty ahead of time. Be a real shame if Brixton not an option.

Guess there's still Wembley and Alexandra Palace. But will this current incarnation of The Prodigy be confident of packing a UK arena? I would hope so.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:45 am
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
You'd think the tour will be announced soon then. I bought my Chemical Brothers ticket back in March

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 5:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 7:58 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1650Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Download festival has been cancelled

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 am
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
climbatize92 wrote:

Strange to cancel so close without an explanation??

Anyone have any idea why?

Also, I doubt many of the bands due to play can find an alternative plan so means lost revenue.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:10 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1650Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
antwarrior79 wrote:
climbatize92 wrote:

Strange to cancel so close without an explanation??

Anyone have any idea why?

Also, I doubt many of the bands due to play can find an alternative plan so means lost revenue.

“Despite the first-class line-up, the massive number of open-air events made organisation and implementation considerably more difficult this summer,” reads a statement from Download Germany organisers Live Nation GSA. “Unfortunately, the associated technical production obstacles proved to be insurmountable.”

https://www.iq-mag.net/2023/05/download ... mgjgnDd1kE

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:14 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
baxterbasics wrote:
JimbQ wrote:
UK Tour happening in November 2023. I only know that the Birmingham date will be 23rd November, so assume other cities will be either side of this.

I wonder what the deal with be for London appearances given Brixton currently not an option. It could be back on by November but obviously they will want certainty ahead of time. Be a real shame if Brixton not an option.

Guess there's still Wembley and Alexandra Palace. But will this current incarnation of The Prodigy be confident of packing a UK arena? I would hope so.

On the last tour they sold out Brixton for three nights so they can definitely sell out Wembley Arena.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:23 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 218Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:32 pm
Show tonight felt like it was on auto pillot. Not so much crowd interaction compared to the shows last year. And with most of the tracks cut short and the new track being nothing special it was a bit disapointing. Worked as a festival show but seen them a lot netter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:44 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
No Disrupt ya flow today at Vestrock. Also is it normal that Maxim is absent backstage for like 40% of the show? Alot of it was basically a Liam solo show.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:42 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
toX wrote:
No Disrupt ya flow today at Vestrock. Also is it normal that Maxim is absent backstage for like 40% of the show? Alot of it was basically a Liam solo show.

I noticed at the Italy gigs that Maxim leaves the stage for longer periods. Feels quite empty without one frontman on the stage. Obviously it's up to him, Liam and Maxim. But getting Leeroy to re-join, if only for a couple of tracks in the set, would really help. Even if not dancing, but up on stage with Liam whipping up the crowd for Everybody in the Place etc. Also, he would be a perfect support DJ when the next UK tour rolls around, so they could trial something like that then.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Maxim is taking the usual breaks he has always taken, just broken up. No more, no less. It's just more noticeable without Keith since these moments would be for Keith-centric songs. Maxim has been taking the same breaks during Climbatize link/EITP and Religion link/No Good since their return, which are maybe 5 minutes each at most, and he stands in silence on stage for Firestarter. He used to have a much longer single 10 minute break during Firestarter and Run With The Wolves. Keith took breaks also throughout the set, and Maxim would takeover. It's nothing new. To claim 40% of the time Maxim is off stage is an overexaggeration as he's just taking his usual 10 minute break out of an hour and 15 minute show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:48 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
NEOREV wrote:
Maxim is taking the usual breaks he has always taken, just broken up. No more, no less. It's just more noticeable without Keith since these moments would be for Keith-centric songs. Maxim has been taking the same breaks during Climbatize link/EITP and Religion link/No Good since their return, which are maybe 5 minutes each at most, and he stands in silence on stage for Firestarter. He used to have a much longer single 10 minute break during Firestarter and Run With The Wolves. Keith took breaks also throughout the set, and Maxim would takeover. It's nothing new. To claim 40% of the time Maxim is off stage is an overexaggeration as he's just taking his usual 10 minute break out of an hour and 15 minute show.

yeah it was porbably an overexaggeration. It never occured to me that Maxim has been taking breaks before. It's likely as you say that its more noticeable with the absence of Keith.
Maxim standing in silence for Firestarter is honestly something I just saw on a video recording now. I have not even noticed that yesterday during the gig lol.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
JimbQ wrote:
Ev_16 wrote:
JimbQ wrote:

Could I ask what your sources are for this? Cos if it's true that's awesome

I know someone who is an events organiser. They told me in October 22 that The Chemical Bros and The Prodigy were touring in November 23. They"ve put tickets aside for both for me and confirmed the date of the one I want to go to. Don't mind if i'm not believed, but I have no doubts from them and no reason to spread anything I thought was false :)

Been informed UK tour due to be announced on Tuesday 13th June. Assume will get more info then on other dates. I guess watch this space!

National Indoor Arena for Birmingham, or whatever it's called now. So big venue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:25 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
JimbQ wrote:
Been informed UK tour due to be announced on Tuesday 13th June. Assume will get more info then on other dates. I guess watch this space!

National Indoor Arena for Birmingham, or whatever it's called now. So big venue.

Very interesting. A UK arena tour is pretty much always in support of a new album so hopefully big news next week.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:59 pm
Same setlist at Novarock

Offline Profile WWW