<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Back in time: 2006 interview

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
Last year Prodigy played in my country, Hungary. Once I posted an interview which was made after the gig. In that time I knew that there's another one and now finally I got my hand on the one, which was made before the gig. Sorry for posting it here, but I didn't know where to post it. Anyway, here is it:

Liam: Since this time I wrote about 15 new music stuff, as I mentioned before, writing is going on much easier, when we're excited about it. The best inspiration is the crowd we see on live and talk to some of them. This lost on the last album, cause I didn't talk about it. It was like if I'd release a solo album. The new album represent that we're back together and it's much more fun now to work, we're excited about it. We couldn't work without it.
The new album is faster y'know, it's making faster. The last album was slow, but this has just more energy in it. This what we can play in live well. This is what we're looking for, for a long time. We'll record every track like if we'd play them in live y'know.

Maxim: We won't play new songs in live, y'know we don't want to lose songs, we always want to be fresh.

Liam: The internet is really important for us, cause people who comes here (to see us in live)... well it's bad sometimes and it's good sometimes. But y'know what you can hear today, tomorrow it goes out, but we stil want to be fresh y'know.
You cannot make music just listen to one thing. I listen to every kinda music, Soundtrack, Russian music, only the country music is what I don't listen. I spend much time in record shops, buying lot of stuffs. Usually happens that one part of a song start something in my brain. I listen to every new band for the new infos and just... suck it all out.

Maxim: I guess we also listened a lot of mix-tapes in the old times

Liam: yeah

Maxim: when we became a band we realized this all music is moving us.

Liam: as Max also said, when we're working we listen to a lot of stuffs by other DJs and that's inspire us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1343Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 pm
Big man of him to admit AONO isn't a true prodigy record :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
cool thanks love reading new interviews even if they are a little old

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:25 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2208Location: Oslo, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
Dezmond wrote:
Big man of him to admit AONO isn't a true prodigy record :shock:

where exactly does he admit that?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
exactly... :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
yeah I watched that interview. Liam says something really nice:

"We'll record every track like if we'd play them in live y'know. "

that's what I wanna hear! I guess and I hope that the new stuff will be more rock'n'roll directed. Don't blame me for that :-D