<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Hearing Damage Thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:56 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 am
Post here if you have suffered any kind of hearing damage (ringing, deafness, permanent or temporary) after attending a Prodigy gig.

I've seen them live eleven times since 1998, and have worn hearing protection every time apart from the first gig. But even with ear plugs in I've experienced heavy taxing on the ears.

A good remedy to cure over-used ears is to take some serious time-off any sound producing devices after a gig. For example, leave your cans off your head for a while, and only listen to music from external speakers.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
never done that.. even though i go to live concerts frequently and listen to music from speakers and headphones daily and loud. i want to drown in the music.. i already have noticed my left ear cant pick up the highest frequencies like my right ear. and you know what? fuck it.. its all 4 a good cause. we live 4 the music

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I had a ringing noise in my ears for over a week after an early 90's Prodigy gig. It was very worrying. Luckily I don't have Tinnitus and I want to keep it that way so I've always worn ear plugs at gigs ever since.

I don't want to go deaf.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1650Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
I find that volume on Prodigy gigs is not very loud and I go there without earplugs. I was at metal concerts without ear plugs and I was suffering and my ears got damaged. Especialy Slayer and Gojira (123 dB according to someone who was in Stade de France on metallica gig), I had rigning for years, but now it's become OK.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
I wear special custom made plugs at every gig (Prodigy or anything else) I attend which are over 60+ a year. I haven't done so in the past so I have some minor ear damage and this annoying bleep sound.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
what is the point with starting this kind of topic :?:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
it's good off topic mater. been thinking about it too. i do want to be able to hear well in 30+ years...and it's crucial if u want to produce music...it believe it really can fuk u up it that prospect.

when i go to a proper gig , i want mad sub punch and normal mid and high freq.. and it's important were u stand.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:53 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:18 pm
Even in Strasbourg, it was quite heavy
Wearing earplug in every gig Prodigy or Not

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 138Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:44 pm
13 years ago, I had a whistling for a week after a punk show. And that came back normaly. I never wear earplug except for 2 bands that play too loud : SunnO))) and Swans. Never for Prodigy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
I've seen the band over 10 times and I've never used earplugs. Moreover, I didn't even think about it. Maybe because I've never had any hearing problems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:25 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 am
It is a fact that hearing damage and tinnitus can also occur with sounds resonating through the skull and bones of a person. The Prodigy's heavy bass lines are notorious for this. In this event, ear plugs simply do not have any effect because the sound reaches the inner ear from within the body(!)

I have seen the Prodigy live 11 times and have now decided that it has been enough. I will avoid any loud source of noise from now on and wear earplugs where I can. I will have ear plugs in my pocket at all times.

Sometimes I dream about filing a class-action suit with all the Prodigy's victims against the Prodigy Inc. and then using the rewards from that to fund and support the worldwide tinnitus foundation and hearing damage research. I wonder if the Prod has any insurance against this sort of thing..?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Earplugs during The Prodigy gig?
Are u serious?
***** please.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Does Liam use it? never noticed if he has... And he doesn't have any damage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:42 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Does Liam use it? never noticed if he has... And he doesn't have any damage.

All artists do

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 376Location: BelgiumJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:59 pm
lb_neko wrote:

Sometimes I dream about filing a class-action suit with all the Prodigy's victims against the Prodigy Inc. and then using the rewards from that to fund and support the worldwide tinnitus foundation and hearing damage research. I wonder if the Prod has any insurance against this sort of thing..?

Strange dreams you have mate